Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

Citation S550 Updated to Version 2.0

From Carenado's Facebook site...

CARENADO S550 CITATION II HD SERIES FSX/P3D
UPDATED to VERSION 2.0!!!

New Version (2.0)
- Full FSX, P3D v2, v3, v4, and Steam compatible.
- GTN750 integration.
- Updated ADF .
- Updated transponder.
- Idle and engines cut off positions added.
- Speed tape corrected.
- Suction indication is showing correctly now.
- Minor bugs fixes.

Originally delivered serial numbers are still usable either you bought it from Carenado or from a reseller.

Customers should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version and then download the package again from the link provided. Downloads were increased.

Navigraph extension pack for this aircraft is already updated too.

Hi Folks,

If they really did a retrofit of a GTN 750 in place of an FMC - much like a real world owner would do - I'd be very interested - anymore info about the specific integration would be appreciated...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

They fixed the pressure controller so it's easier to dial in the desired cabin pressure.

Dale

2 hours ago, dfeldman said:

Here ya go. Haven't test flown it yet.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for taking the time - much appreciated - sir.

Regards,

Scott

I'm so stoked.  Super clean GTN integration, plus they did a nice thing and moved the MFD640 to the pedestal.  More excited about this v4 update than many of the new aircraft releases lately.  Carenado S/II is one of my all-time favorites.

I think I might finally get around to uploading my S/II repaints...Look for them on AVSIM by the end of the week.

C550_N232KS.jpg?raw=1

C550_N338B.jpg?raw=1

C550_N670DD.jpg?raw=1

N670DD is for sale.  One of the cheapest S/II's on the market today (use caution...should probably "enable random failures" with this one).  Love the paint though.

• Upvote 1

Flew a short flight with this yesterday.

It all worked nice. For someone with it already in the back of their hanger it’s certainly worth dragging it out and giving it a blast. 

Only downside to me is the need to shift 2  and shift 3 to change autopilot if I don’t change views (which maybe I should). 

This has now become a nice aircraft. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

5 hours ago, C525B said:

I'm so stoked.  Super clean GTN integration, plus they did a nice thing and moved the MFD640 to the pedestal.  More excited about this v4 update than many of the new aircraft releases lately.  Carenado S/II is one of my all-time favorites.

I think I might finally get around to uploading my S/II repaints...Look for them on AVSIM by the end of the week.

N670DD is for sale.  One of the cheapest S/II's on the market today (use caution...should probably "enable random failures" with this one).  Love the paint though.

Hi Dave,

Mighty fine work - I may have to pick this one up - I think out of all the CJ's this is my favorite - I like the linear gauges, the small size, and the flat squashed nose - it's got character... Please do upload...

Hi Folks,

Honestly - since Alabeo/Carenado - seem incapable of making any (FMC/Glass) navigation equipment - well - capable of actually navigating - THIS (GTN) option is the approach they should take on ALL their aircraft... Full support of 3rd party navigation equipment (F1/RXP)... And please please please drop that silly Avadyne from all your models - it's awful... I've asked them a few times to incorporate the REX/MilViz Weather Radar as well - so we can have a truly functional Wx Radar... I'd really like to see it... Perhaps drop some radios when installing the GTN as they are redundant ??? Anyway - appears to be a step in the right direction...

Wasn't there a massive team effort to improve turbine performance on this ? Does that still work ?

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Wasn't there a massive team effort to improve turbine performance on this ? 

The lack of thrust at high alt has been fixed with SP1.

• Upvote 1

Just downloaded this for P3dV4.1. I've had it for some time and had parked it. This version is pretty good. I'm really pleased with it. I'll have to keep an eye on their products.

Apparently they have a Saab340 on the way. I flew this aircraft in the RW for several years and would like to have one in my fleet. 

Dave

37 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Apparently they have a Saab340 on the way. I flew this aircraft in the RW for several years and would like to have one in my fleet. 

Strongly suggest to write Carenado an e-mail if you are interested in beta testing the 340.

Nice update to this aircraft.  I'm hesitant to ask, though....does IAS work?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I've made about 4-5 flights in this "new" bird...I'm very pleased with the "free" upgrade! Yes, the IAS does work! Definitely my preferred light business jet...the GTN 750 makes this aircraft a joy to fly!