Sign in to follow this  
icom54

linda problem

I have the saitek multipanel,switch panel  and radio panel connected in my flight sim, i am using linda to assign the panels and have managed to assign all the switch panel no problem, i have also managed to assign all the multi panel switches as well, the thing i cant figure out is , when i turn the avionics master switch on the avionics light up in the cockpit of my cessna, but only the saitek radio panel lights up  and not the multi panel, any help will be appreciated, thankyou.

Hi

Welcome to LINDA.

The data LEDs on the Multi and Radio Panels will only illuminate if the Avionics is powered on. If you are having the problem with the LEDs that you describe then you need to check the power management settings for those panels and turn off power saving in Win10. This is because they draw too much power and Win10 tries to reduce it.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew, Thanyou for your reply, I am not quite sure how to go about doing that, would i go,control panel/hardware and sound/power options/create power plan/then select ?, or go to device manager / power management for usb, the problem with the latter is i do not know which usb / hid listings are for the panels or is either of these ideas wrong, just to recap when i turn the avionics  switch on only the radio panel lights up and not the multi panel, i am also using a good quality powered usb if thats any help?, thanks again for your help.

Hi icom54,

It is not the quality of the powered USB that matters. It is the way Win10 manages the power that hub uses that is probably causing your problem. The Saitek Radio and Multi Panels have the VID/PID of 06A30D50 and 06A3D0D60 - note these.

The following procedure uses Registry Editor to directly edit the Windows Registry. This is the surest way to remove enhance power management for your panel USB ports. You should only do if you are confident to do so. I take no responsibility if it goes wrong.

1. Click on the search field to the right of the Windows logo.
  2. Type in RegEdit and click on the program to start.
  3. Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Enum, USB.
  4. Look down the list and locate VID_06A3&PID_0D50 and VID_06A3&PID_0D60.
  5. Click on the arrow beside each entry.
  6. You will see one or more alphanumeric lines which represent the occasions you plugged the panels into different USB ports.
  7. For each entry click on the left arrow and click on Device Parameters.
  8. In the right pane locate the entry EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled and double click (or right click and Modify).
  9. In Value data field, change 1 to 0.
  10. Click OK.
  11. Repeat from step 5 for the other VID/PID.
  12. Close RegEdit.
  13. Reboot you PC.

If you move your panels to another USB port you will need to repeat the process.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi Andrew, followed the instructions as far as usb in registry, there are only7 entries with the vid 06 prefix they are as follows,

VID _ 06A3&PID_0763

VID_ 06A3&PID_0BAC

VID_06A3&PID_0BD4

VID_06A3&PID_0D05

VID_06A3&PID_0D06

VID_06A3&PID_0D67

VID_06A3&PID_712C

thanks , vince.

All the 06A3 prefixes are Saitek. The Radio panel is PID 0D05 and the Multi 0D06. These are the only ones you need to modify.

1 hour ago, icom54 said:

hi Andrew, followed the instructions as far as usb in registry, there are only7 entries with the vid 06 prefix they are as follows,

VID _ 06A3&PID_0763

VID_ 06A3&PID_0BAC

VID_06A3&PID_0BD4

VID_06A3&PID_0D05

VID_06A3&PID_0D06

VID_06A3&PID_0D67

VID_06A3&PID_712C

thanks , vince.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew, I changed the values in the registry as suggested but this only partially worked, the multi panel did light up but not fully , hdg/alt/nav etc, but no numbers, just out of curiosity i reloaded my spad.next and the panel worked perfect, but the reason i tried linda is that with spad i was having trouble with the switch panel in that all switches were working except the beacon/strobe/taxi/and landing switches, i can only think there is something maybe in the background or a file thats causing the problems, i know its not the panels as these are brand new , i am not sure at this stage which to stick with linda or spad, anyway thanks for your help and support,vince.

Right. What you have to remember is LINDA is a universal piece of software which has to be programmed for your aircraft/device. Spad is specifically written for Saitek and recognises each panel.

If you have the labels (ALT/VS/HDG/CRS) are displayed and no values are being displayed on the Multi Panel then you do not have the Avionics switched on (Switch Panel 3rd button). 

Which aircraft model are you using? Is it the default Cessna or the A2A one? The Switch Panel needs to be set according to the supplied template for the default aircraft (config-hid-saitek.lua) or the specific functions for the aircraft concerned. You need, for example, the Beacon On function for the OnPress and the Beacon Off for the OnRelease.

The default aircraft settings need to match where JSTK = OnPress and JSTKrl = OnRelease:

-- ## Switch Panel ## (06A30D670) ##############

JSTK["06A30D670"][1]="Battery_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][1]="Battery_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][2]="Alternator_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][2]="Alternator_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][3]="Avionics_MASTER_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][3]="Avionics_MASTER_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][4]="ALL_FuelPumps_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][4]="ALL_FuelPumps_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][6]="DeIce_PITOT_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][6]="DeIce_PITOT_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][8]="Lights_PANEL_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][8]="Lights_PANEL_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][9]="Lights_BEACON_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][9]="Lights_BEACON_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][10]="Lights_NAV_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][10]="Lights_NAV_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][11]="Lights_STROBE_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][11]="Lights_STROBE_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][12]="Lights_TAXI_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][12]="Lights_TAXI_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][13]="Lights_LANDING_on"
JSTKrl["06A30D670"][13]="Lights_LANDING_off"
JSTK["06A30D670"][14]="Engine_stop"
JSTK["06A30D670"][15]="ENG1_magneto_R"
JSTK["06A30D670"][16]="ENG1_magneto_L"
JSTK["06A30D670"][17]="ENG1_magneto_Both"
JSTK["06A30D670"][18]="ENG1_start"
JSTKrp["06A30D670"][18]="ENG1_start"
JSTK["06A30D670"][19]="Gears_up"
JSTK["06A30D670"][20]="Gears_down"

Please read the LINDA 3.x.x Release Notes to install these definitions in your config-hid.lua for the aircraft.

For the A2A C172 you need these functions:

A172_TaxiLight_on () / _off()

A172_NavLight_on () / _off()

A172_StrobeLight_on () / _off()

A172_LandingLight_on () / _off()

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi Andrew,  i am using the default cessna c172, the all the assignments for multi/switch/and radio are correct in the config-hid lua file  and are showing in each joystick selection in linda,all switches are working on switch panel but with a two second lag in cockpit, but as soon as you switch the alternator switch  on all the lights go off and all avionics go off except the words alt / vs stay lit up, even closing fsx and linda does not turn those two words off, only shutting down turns the panel completely off, if on startup of fsx and linda you select all but the alternator switch all avionics are lit up, but the problem then is when you say select altitude and turn the +  -  say a full  turn and stop the values keep increasing or decreasing until they eventually stop, i am not sure how to attach screen shots or pictures on the forum as that might help explain things a little better, or maybe email, thanks again for being patient and helpfull, vince.

Hi Vince

I think we need to go back to some basic questions. What Flt Sim and version of LINDA are you using? I also need to ask you to follow the thread for Fault Diagnosis and send me the log files and your config-hid.lua from /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/.

There should be no lag with the Switch Panel switch operation. They should be actioned as fast as buttons on other devices. This suggests you are using an older version of LINDA. There is a 1sec delay in updating the displays when operating the Multi and Radio Panels using the LINDA LUA assignments. There is no delay using the LINDA GUI set up.

The other thing that leads me to suspect you are using an old version of LINDA is the weird operation of the Alternator switch. This has been fixed in the latest version. 

For the other point you raised, the last selected mode captions (ALT/VS, IAS, HDG, CRS) will remain displayed until the PC is powered off. The Avionics ON/OFF only controls the data LEDs. I have not found a way of turning the captions off when LINDA exits.

Changing values. With the LINDA LUA operation of the Multi and Radio Panel, there is a delay in processing the +/- inputs and the values can overrun. This does not happen with the LINDA GUI implementation.

I recommend you install the latest version of LINDA 3.0.4 which works with both FSX-SE/P3Dv3 32-bit and P3Dv4 64-bit; it requires FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 respectively. Then set up the GUI functionality as follows:

• Under Setup Joysticks, disable the Radio and Multi Panel.
  • Under LINDA Setup, tick the Saitek Panels checkbox.
  • Restart LINDA using CTRL+ALT+R.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi andrew, have sent files via email to you, my flight sim is microsoft flight simulator deluxe, have now updated linda from 2.9.6 to version 3.0.4 32 bit, i am running 64 bit on my desktop ?, aircraft i cessna c172 default, fsuicp is version  4.971,thanks, vince.