Sign in to follow this  
sbarnes

Help with flight plan extras

Hi all,

I am using P3Dv3 and the latest version of VoxAtc.  I build my flightplans with Simbrief. All Airac cycles are up to date  I am loading a flight plan into P3D thru flight planner.  I then go to flight plan extras and load the flight plan there, check the box for no vectors, select a hold, select a flight plan  to divert to, then click save at the bottom of flight plan extras box.  When I click the save button  the save button goes dark and nothing else happens.  Should I be seeing something more than this? Should another option come up such as "save as" to save the plan?  The only other option I am seeing is to close.   After doing the above steps I try to fly the flight plan but I still get vectors for an approach instead of the approach I had set up in the flight plan.  Also if I press 0 during the approach I am not seeing any other options to select for an approach except visual approaches.

Thanks for any help or pointers,

Shane

No one is using flight plan extras?  Can anyone tell me what to expect after I hit the "save" button in flight plan extras? 

17 hours ago, sbarnes said:

No one is using flight plan extras?  Can anyone tell me what to expect after I hit the "save" button in flight plan extras? 

You can verify that the flight plan extras utility is working by looking for the XML file  (.fpx extension) that it creates in:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4\userprocs

It's been a while since I've used the 'no vectors' option, but it will only work if the AFCAD for the airport has an instrument approach. If not you will still get assigned vectors by ATC.

If your airports AFCAD doesn't have an instrument approach you can edit the file yourself and create dummy ILS approaches at either end of the runway(s) and then after running the VoxATC Indexer you should no longer get vectored.

As I recall the 'Save' button works as you describe. Once pressed, VoxATC has internally saved your options.

Hope that's of some help.

Thanks guys . . I appreciate the info and pointing me in the right direction.  I should be able to get this sorted out now.