Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Paramotor in v4

Anyone tried Franz Lufthart' paramotor in v4? 

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I asked them and got the following reply:

"We never tested the parameter for Prepared 3D V4. As far as I know it works for Prepared 3D V3, but since it has been designed before the release of Prepared V4 it was never tested by us to work with this version."

I don't want to set my installation at risk and avoided it so far, although I'd enjoy a true Prepar3d4 version.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

44 minutes ago, pmb said:

I don't want to set my installation at risk and avoided it so far, although I'd enjoy a true Prepar3d4 version.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael.  I sure hope they come out with a v4 version.  Thing's a real gas!

Jay

Has anyone taken the chance on this paramotor in v4? Looking for something low/slow to use with detailed scenery.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey guys, purchased, downloaded and installed in P3Dv4.1. Works perfectly and what a great way to explore the ORBX scenery! Thanks for the advice.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:14 AM, markadeane said:

Hey guys, purchased, downloaded and installed in P3Dv4.1. Works perfectly and what a great way to explore the ORBX scenery! Thanks for the advice.

4.3?

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:55 PM, vp49p3 said:

Anyone tried Franz Lufthart' paramotor in v4? 

Went ahead, crossed my fingers and installed it into P3dv4.3.  Works great!!  Here's a picture of the p-guy in ORBX Tapini scenery

Capture 87

By the way, if you have this scenery, try landing at KGH Yongai.  Tried it in Ant's Drifter--really, really hard!

Lol I didn’t know this existed in flight sim 

Edited by flyinpilot212121
Spelling

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Be careful with this addon, it can change your life!

I've bought itn several years ago and after I tried it over high detail VFR sceneries from FranceVFR, (and after 30 years of various flight sims...) as I was seeing the ground between my foot, I told to myself: "hey, that's what I was dreaming for since I'm 10 years old "

Then I switched in real life, went to a flight school, bought a used paramotor and a wing, an helmet & radio, learned and got my flight license and flew!

This is probably one of the most important step I was missing in my personal life. Since that it became like a drug, I'm completely addict, I fly as much as I can.

So be carefull, you could touch your dream :biggrin:

1573406467-dsc2890-dxo.jpg

• Like 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

5 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Be careful with this addon, it can change your life!

I've bought itn several years ago and after I tried it over high detail VFR sceneries from FranceVFR, (and after 30 years of various flight sims...) as I was seeing the ground between my foot, I told to myself: "hey, that's what I was dreaming for since I'm 10 years old "

Then I switched in real life, went to a flight school, bought a used paramotor and a wing, an helmet & radio, learned and got my flight license and flew!

This is probably one of the most important step I was missing in my personal life. Since that it became like a drug, I'm completely addict, I fly as much as I can.

So be carefull, you could touch your dream :biggrin:

1573406467-dsc2890-dxo.jpg

How much time is required for training on one of these to get certified?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It depends in which country you are living.

In France, it takes 2 steps:

• a theoretical exam you have to study and prepare around 1 or 2 month (each day work on books),
  • a practical training with an approved instructor - then time needed depends on you learning curve, the weather and the time you can spend. In my case it took a period around 8 month

In US you can fly without license, however I won't recommend to fly without a solid training sessions with an instructor, cause it can be very dangerous of course.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Found this thread while searching for a light vehicle to explore airports in an easy way by keyboard only, as the Bell 47 as a heli needs action on my yoke an pedals.
I remembered that I bought the Franz Paramotor some years ago for FSX but didn't expect to work.

Today, after reading this, saw that I could still download it from simmarket, so gave it a try - and voilà: works like a charm (Prepar3d V4.5 HF2).
Installation was simple as the installer asks only for the "FSX installation directory", I selected the Prepar3d V4 main folder.
Now the last hours jumped from airport to airport for short starts and circles, funny again as before in FSX 🤣

Thanks for this thread !