Sign in to follow this  
spil

StackHash_3e9b crash

Good day everyone,

Well my crashes continues now a new one, see below.

My computer is a i7 3,8GHz, 16GB RAM, 2GB video RAM, Windows 10

The crash report says like this;

Beskrivning
Felaktig programsökväg:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problemsignatur
Händelsenamn:    BEX
Programnamn:    fsx.exe
Programversion:    10.0.61472.0
Programtidsstämpel:    475e17d3
Namn på felmodul:    StackHash_3e9b
Modulens version:    0.0.0.0
Tidsstämpel för felmodul:    00000000
Undantagsförskjutning:    PCH_03_FROM_KERNELBASE+0x0017A34D
Undantagskod:    c0000005
Undantagsdata:    00000008
OS-version:    10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Språkvariant-ID:    1053
Ytterligare information 1:    3e9b
Ytterligare information 2:    3e9b7846e3f8a4b53b4c50c361d8800c
Ytterligare information 3:    3964
Ytterligare information 4:    39646e251788ff593c704374e146a395

Extra information om problemet
Bucket-ID:    7acbf2120991f253fa0cb591148a98f4 (116459335635)

-------------

Addon sceneries I have is the ORBx, PMDG 747 v3 and 737NGX.
Made a test flight tonight and on apporach to EKCH this happened.
Getting real tired of all crashes I get. Anyone has any idea why this happens?

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides some suggestions others used to fix their StackHash crashes.  Look up StackHash near the end of the guide.  See link to the guide in my signature.

So you just have Orbx scenery and a couple of PMDG aircraft installed.  Using default AI too as you did not indicate using any commercial or freeware AI to replace the default.  As indicated in the guide, MyTrafficX or MyTraffic6 in FSX will cause a StackHash.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good day!

Well the problem was very simple to solve.
I missed some settings after my Windows 10 upgrade.
Go to Control panel, System and Advanced system settings, the tab Advanced and change the virtual memory.

Once I set it to lowest 100000 and larges 200000 everything works great at maximum resolution in graphics.
No crash and very smooth flight.
Will be nice to try longer flights and see how things are going.

Hope this maybe can help some users that have upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. When done, the advanced memory settings are set to basic levels by Windows default.

Messing around with the page file is never a good idea.  Using "system managed size" is the best.  If you get CTD's or freezes in the future, suspect this setting immediately.  We had a lot of members adjusting the page file in the FSX days and most had crashes right away.  Yes, it could have been due to the fact the individual was no computer expert and had set the wrong figures.  Messing around with the page file is for the computers of yesterday IMHO - https://lifehacker.com/5426041/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-disable-it

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It seems to work fine so far.

However there is sometimes, depending on the mood of the computer it seems, problems with the graphics.
Sometimes everything loads fine, but other times, as soon as I turn my head to look around the walls of the cockpit is missing etc.
Is this depending only on the graphics card limits or computer?

I mean I have a pretty decent computer,
Intel i7, 2.93 GHz
16 GB RAM
2 GB video RAM, AMD Radeon HD7700

It should be able to have more complex graphics, shouldn't it?
Never had these problem on my Windows 7 only in the f.....g Windows 10.

Windows 10 must be the worst word not allowed microsoft ever has invented.
Anyone more experiencing much more problems in Win 10 than in Win 7?

Have you ever tried to set your page file to "system managed size".  We had many members who had constant crashes until they set their page file to system managed size.

Submit News to AVSIM

Yes, and if system manage it the size is always 0 and even more crashes in Windows 10

That's not correct and you know that (or you should).  Most experts of today recommend system managed size - https://www.google.com/search?q=system+managed+size&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 unless you want to get unexplained crashes or freezes.  This is probably why many members who try to adjust their own page file have lots of crashes and others do not (similar computer and operating systems).

Submit News to AVSIM

I would open GPUZ and take a look at how much Video RAM is being consumed, as you fly over Orbx scenery, in complex aircraft.

As we move into the 64 bit simulator age, it is all well and good that we have no VAS limit of less than 4 GB. However, the memory usage of our graphics cards will rise as developers add more complex scenery. Video card performance may become our new limiting factor?

I see the recommended video RAM for P3d V4 is 8 Gb.

Best regards

David

Well I just checked the settings for my graphics card.
It says I have 2 GB dedicated video RAM
Available graphics memory 10219 MB
System video memory 0 MB

Something wrong here maybe?

My Graphics card is in the PCI-E x16 slot but in the BIOS it says that the default video is in the x1 slot. Does that matter?