Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Reports on ASDG SuperCub?

Thought there would be a lot of chatter about this product!  Anyone have it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Working fine here!

Flying is pure fun. Systems are easy and working nicely, takeoff run is very short (even with 150 HP version). Works fine also in VR (with FlyinsideXP). Ground steering is much easier than with LES DC-3, still managed to do few groundloops.

Pots

Thanks, I can't decide between this and the Aerobask Velocity Twin.... argh!  I like speed but that super cub looks awesome and great for bush flying - and it does have a bit more speed than a std cub.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The super cub is very expensive and it´s not sold at the Org :/

The Velocity Twin is totally different but if you own the Panthera, i would suggest the super cub lol

I heard the cub is expensive because it's got REP included and you're paying two developers.

but yeah it's pricey 

I do already have the epic jet, panthera, and Eclipse 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I was also reading today at the ASDG forums that the cub has issues in XP11.10 beta.  That's the version I use.  Is anyone using the Cub in 11.10b6?  People were having issues controlling it while taxiing etc.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I was also reading today at the ASDG forums that the cub has issues in XP11.10 beta.  That's the version I use.  Is anyone using the Cub in 11.10b6?  People were having issues controlling it while taxiing etc.

Yes. The problem is in fact a problem of the Propwash Effect, if the engine runs with low power and you have a higher crosswind. It isn´t easy, but it is doable even if you don´t have Rudder pedals.

If Austin doesn´t fix it in 11.10 Alan plans a hidden second engine for the rudder to simulate the correct Propwash.

Thanks - also do you know if the RXP GTN 650 is currently supported ?  I think I saw on their site is was either working or coming later.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On 11/10/2017 at 2:59 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Thanks - also do you know if the RXP GTN 650 is currently supported ?  I think I saw on their site is was either working or coming later.

I don´t have the GTN 650 or even plan to buy it. I have the 750. But was it really a GTN 650? I know that they plan an iPad in the cockpit, with its own webbrowser like in the FF A320 Ultimate.

According to their site the GTN650 is coming.  The 750 - maybe be in a future update (I noticed their typo with GNS650 - they meant GTN):

"A: Yes, we will support Reality XP in future free updates.  The initial support will however only be for the GNS650 and GNS430/530 products.  The GNS750 will be supported in a future upgrade for Cub Crafters Carbon Cub addition."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I bought it a few days ago.  It's the single most demanding aircraft I've ever bought for X Plane.  So disappointed.  The A2A Cub was my favorite plane in FSX/P3D.  I have far more hours in it than most of the rest of my aircraft combined.  So I was keen to get this one for X Plane, which is basically the only civil sim I fly anymore.

It's a bit buggy.  Crashed X Plane a couple of times.  The ground handling is very problematic on take off, probably due to some changes in prop effect in 11.10.  

The main issue is performance, though.  I get in the single digits and teens for FPS on the ramp.  In flight that will climb into the high 20s.  I get 30-60 for every other addon aircraft I own for X Plane, and I have a couple of more demanding aircraft, like the VFlyte Cherokees (I don't know why those are so FPS hungry, but they are).  Sitting on an airfield in the default C172, I will get about 60 FPS.  Switch to the Super Cub, and it's in the teens.  

Very disappointed.  

4 hours ago, Griphos said:

I get 30-60 for every other addon aircraft I own for X Plane, and I have a couple of more demanding aircraft, like the VFlyte Cherokees (I don't know why those are so FPS hungry, but they are).  Sitting on an airfield in the default C172, I will get about 60 FPS.  Switch to the Super Cub, and it's in the teens. 

What kind of Hardware do you use? Even my ancient i7-950 with 18 GB RAM ahnd an old NVidia 770 with 4 GB VRAM runs this plane without any problems.

That's strange.  I have an i5 2500K o/c at 4.4ghz with 16gb ram and a 4gb 970 GPU.  

I tried it at several airports.  When loading in straight from the selection menu, the FPS is in the single digits.  When loading after starting in something like the C172 and switching, it's in the teens.  

As I said, that's with the 2K textures installed.  Not sure what the problem is.  I've read others report poor graphics performance with it, but I wasn't expecting that poor.  It's odd that it's the only aircraft out of a number that I own that has such poor performance.  I wish I didn't have this problem.  It would easily be my favorite plane if it worked for me.  Seems to have been very well crafted.  

She is now available at the Org and is 10$ cheaper.

I've read multiple conflicting reports on performance... like Griphos' above, and like Longranger's too...  I wonder why the performance is so different?  Has the developer done anything?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |