4-5 10k ohm potentiometer: $4-6 (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00PZSHCY4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509079200&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=10k+ohm+potentiometer&dpPl=1&dpID=41zQD4YdoYL&ref=plSrch)

Joystick Controller: $30-40 (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=204)

Other random expenses: approx $20 (I am planning on using mostly ply-wood and I think I have enough of it for the project. As a result I didn't include building materials in this expected cost...)

Total: up to $66 USD

Seems much cheaper to me than a new $200 Saitek throttle... But maybe that's just personal opinion...

Cakequest,

That link is the correct one.

Again I stress that construction of this quadrant is out of my league and expertise and I cannot help you further.

I believe that the work involved (at MY level) is well beyond spending 200 - 300 dollars to get everything I need. 

I think what you are attempting is admirable but quite unthinkable from my point of view and I was just trying to point out what I believe is a viable option.

It is clear now that I am not offering you, nor am I able to offer you, the advice you are requiring. so I shall bow out of this simply wishing you all the luck in the world. I shall follow this post with interest to see how you  get on.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 minute ago, himmelhorse said:

Cakequest,

That link is the correct one.

Again I stress that construction of this quadrant is out of my league and expertise and I cannot help you further.

I believe that the work involved (at MY level) is well beyond spending 200 - 300 dollars to get everything I need. 

I think what you are attempting is admirable but quite unthinkable from my point of view and I was just trying to point out what I believe is a viable option.

It is clear now that I am not offering you, nor am I able to offer you, the advice you are requiring. so I shall bow out of this simply wishing you all the luck in the world. I shall follow this post with interest to see how you  get on.

Regards

Tony

Thanks Tony!

Appreciate the help!!!

3 hours ago, cakequest said:

If anyone knows of a joystick controller similar to or around the same quality as this one:  http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=204

In the US or Canada (preferably Canada), could you please let me know? I am currently looking for it myself and have been unsuccessful in finding one so far...

http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Model_2090/index.htm
http://www.desktopaviator.com/Products/Model_2095A/index.htm

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hello everyone,

I know it has been a while but I have finally decided to buy the Saitek throttle. The prices here in North America made the price of building a quadrant more expensive than buying a new one.

Once again thanks for all your help!!! If someone else is building/going to build a quadrant, please post! I would love to see how you end up doing it :)

Josh

Hey, I guess it's probably a little too late, but I just found this thread. If you were sill contemplating DIY, instead of trying to source all the individual components, you could just start with another joystick to canibalize. I see you have a Logictech 3D pro. You could get another one new for $35 or used for probably $15. Take it apart and you've got 4 pots, a bunch of buttons, an 8 way hat, the controller board, and no programming required. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, MarkL94 said:

Hey, I guess it's probably a little too late, but I just found this thread. If you were sill contemplating DIY, instead of trying to source all the individual components, you could just start with another joystick to canibalize. I see you have a Logictech 3D pro. You could get another one new for $35 or used for probably $15. Take it apart and you've got 4 pots, a bunch of buttons, an 8 way hat, the controller board, and no programming required. 

Darn! you are just a couple of days too late!

Should have thought of that... Thanks for the suggestion anyways Mark! I appreciate it! I'll have to remember that for next time ;)