Sign in to follow this  
por930

No Control panel

I have finally got around to installing FS2Crew for the Majestic Dash8 Q400 onto my Steam FSX. No matter what Keys I bind, no action for Main or Secondary panels. I did have FS2Crew working on my MD11, so, I think I understand the key assignment process. However, this was on a normal FSX machine installed on the D: drive.

The Majestic is installed under C:\programs on my FSX Steam machine and is my main FSX simulator now. I do have UAC turned off and no issues with other programs with permission problems. I have 

It must be a key assignment problem, because I can open the FS2Crew Main Panel via the VIEWS -> INSTRUMENTS PANEL menu. Also, when I click the button on my joystick, an action cycles though the information window and the FO responds. So, my issue is getting the process to talk to the key assignment...I will post this, but in the mean time, I will remove and reinstall FS2Crew to see if this helps.

Before I start removing FSX-SE and re-installing outside of the C:\programs, I wanted to know what should appear in the panel.cfg for the Majestic for FS2Crew to be happy? I did notice these changes to the panel.cfg, which appear ok. All windows open manually.

Window21=FS2Crew Main Panel
Window22=FS2Crew Marshaller Panel
Window23=FS2Crew PA Panel
Window24=FS2Crew Briefing Panel

and then at the bottom of the entries, below the [Vcockpit00] color, and default view was the 4 FS2Crew Windows.

[Window21]
size_mm=959, 56
pixel_size=959, 56
position=3
visible=0
ident=1000
zorder=100
Sizeable=0
gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_MainPanel, 0,0,959,56
gauge01=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_Audio, 20,20,5,5
gauge02=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_VoiceMain, 10,10,5,5
[Window22]
size_mm=600, 110
pixel_size=600, 110
position=6
visible=0
ident=2777
zorder=102
Sizeable=0
gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_Marshaller, 0,0,600,110
[Window23]
size_mm=256, 458
pixel_size=256, 458
position=6
visible=0
ident=1003
zorder=103
Sizeable=0
gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_PAPanel, 0,0,256,458
[Window24]
size_mm=400, 800
pixel_size=400, 800
position=3
visible=0
ident=1005
zorder=104
Sizeable=0
gauge00=FS2Crew2010\Versions\MJCQ400\Gauges\FS2CrewQ400Voice!FS2Crew_BriefPanel, 0,0,400,800

When I bring up the configuration manager, how do I minimise it again? I presume if I X out at the top right, kills the session?

Regards

Geoff

Edited by por930
Later question

Geoff Bryce

10 hours ago, por930 said:

It must be a key assignment problem, because I can open the FS2Crew Main Panel via the VIEWS -> INSTRUMENTS PANEL menu. Also, when I click the button on my joystick, an action cycles though the information window and the FO responds. So, my issue is getting the process to talk to the key assignment...I will post this, but in the mean time, I will remove and reinstall FS2Crew to see if this helps.

Assign the "N" key to Auto Feather Arm / Off to open/close the Main Panel.

"N" works for me.

If you're using one of those fancy flight yokes, you may need to use the registered version of FSUIPC.

Personally, I just use the keyboard.

8 hours ago, byork said:

Assign the "N" key to Auto Feather Arm / Off to open/close the Main Panel.

"N" works for me.

If you're using one of those fancy flight yokes, you may need to use the registered version of FSUIPC.

Personally, I just use the keyboard.

In my case, I am configuring the Button version, which means I need to assign a key to:

Alternative Static Sources on/off for MAIN

Propeller sync on/off for SECONDARY?

What does this mean, as there are three other panels to bring up that I see on my view drop down? Which window do you classify as SECONDARY?

At present, I am in the process of changing my Steam C:\Programs(x86) FSX to C:\FSX...so I have had to remove all addons while I am in the change over process to re-assign FSX a new home, hopefully, with less permission issues.

Behind the scenes, do you bind the 'switch' for your MAIN window, to FSX's Auto Feather Arm action, and me assigning a new key stroke simply activates that switch? 

When done later this week, i will advise how it all went.

Geoff Bryce

when you move to C;\FSX, don't try copying and pasting.  I've seen users do it and it makes a big mess.

I suggest a totally clean install.

For the buttons,  don't over think them, just follow the manual:

You need to assign a key to Auto Feather Arm off.  We don't automatically bind anything.  Again, I suggest using the N key.

www.support.fs2crew.com

If you follow the manual, you can't go wrong.

Best,

On 10/26/2017 at 1:46 PM, byork said:

when you move to C;\FSX, don't try copying and pasting.  I've seen users do it and it makes a big mess.

I suggest a totally clean install.

For the buttons,  don't over think them, just follow the manual:

You need to assign a key to Auto Feather Arm off.  We don't automatically bind anything.  Again, I suggest using the N key.

www.support.fs2crew.com

If you follow the manual, you can't go wrong.

Best,

Hi Brian,

I am finding now that the copy and paste for moving FSX as advised by Steam not so good...so far, as my registries not happy due to "it" thinking FSX still in C:\Programs(86) steamapps,common, while the copy and paste in C:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX...But, here in Australia, our internet can be very third world stuff, so as I will get maximum 1mb/s, but average 800kb, the massive download can take days...But, may have no choice, because my FS2C is the FSX version, so need to crank up FSX and not P3Dv4.

As for the buttons...I did follow the manual, or so I thought. As I only use Button Control, I went to Page 15 of the manual for Button Control on my PDF version. I also looked at the manuals from your site, Help, Manuals, and I went to the Majestic Dash8 Q400 section. The quick start guide does not refer to Button Control, and does not mention button assignment at all. manual then goes into Speech recognition, again, no reference to button assignment. Then onto Mute Key setup, Propeller sync on/off=soft, and Alternate static source on/off=hard mute. And then onto Main and Secondary Button Setup(Button Control) Alternative Static Sources on/off for MAIN, Propeller sync on/off for SECONDARY, then onto the Config manager.

It was only in Troubleshooting, did I first see reference to Auto Feather Arm off, ummm, where did this come from. NOW, on further reading just now, I now find a section on FS2Crew Panels, where it mentions 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)'  to open/close the main panel. So, does this mean the comments on page 15 are not correct? Maybe my system was working ok, I just did not understand about the 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)'...anyway, one of those things and back to trying to get my FSX-SE working.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Use this tool from Flight to fix your Registry problem.

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Run it with Admin rights.

But copying and pasting is still inviting a big mess.

For Auto Feather Arm / Off to open the Main Panel, read this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=fs2crew_panels3

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the help. The Auto Feather Arm / Off worked great. Just a case of using FS2C to learn it and work out how to share duties with my new trusty First Officer. Speaking of this. Can you change what the FO does, or is it hard wired? 

Also, thanks for the Registry Tool. It was not able to help, no doubt due to the copy and paste. One day we will get the high speed broadband in our part of the country, and I can totally remove all instances of Steam FSX and reinstall away from the Programs folder. The FSX version in steam is controlling every thing, and happy with FS2C.

Regards

Edited by por930
Later question

Geoff Bryce

Hi Bryan

After having it on my hard drive for ages, and never ever getting around to it, I finally installed the Special Bundle.v 3.3

P3Dv4.4 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit full Admin Rights

As I am very au fait with setting up the Button Controls for the 737NGX, the 777, and the QOTSII, I thought I'd finally get around to installing the Button Control for the Dash Q400.

Alas, Bryan, I am having no luck whatsoever with keyboard button N for the Main Panel.. Assigned correctly as my other 3 PMDG aircraft work fine with N.Am at a loss to figure out why it won;t do so here, for the Majestic  Dash Q400.

Any ideas, tips, etc, Bryan? Thanks.

Edited by vc10man

8 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Rick,

Did you 'enable' FS2Crew for the Dash?

Are you sure it's on your panel.cfg file?

Can you open the Main Panel manual via the Vehicles - Instrument panel menu (I believe that's the name)?

Morning Bryan

FS2Crew is, as usual for all the other FS2Crew Add-ons I have from you, 'enabled', i.e .ticked in the Configurator.

As I don't have an image-hoster any more, hence cannot attach screenshots. I have just checked the Majestic Dash Q400 C:\FS\SimObjects\Airplanes\MJC8q400\panel  and there is a panel.cfg.fs2crew_backup entry there, so that tells me that it's there.

I have just in last couple of days installed LINDA for the Majestic, FSL, etc but surely that would not interfere any more than FSUPIC would.

Tried Main Panel to open via P3D's dropdown Vehicles-Instrument menu as suggested by you, and yes FS2Crew Main Panel ID:1000 is displayed there, but when I click on it, all I get is an oblong Main Panel box totally blank and black. Never seen that before.

Just tested FS2Crew working functionally in the PMDG 747 QOTSII, and when I press N, the Main Panel shows up no problem.

I am bereft of ideas next.

Please email me your panel.cfg file.

Linda will interfere will some FS2Crew callouts in the Dash 8.  There's a FS2Crew Config Option for LInda that can help somewhat.

But Linda wouldn't prevent the Main Panel from opening.

I suspect the problem is your panel.cfg file somehow.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Please email me your panel.cfg file.

Linda will interfere will some FS2Crew callouts in the Dash 8.  There's a FS2Crew Config Option for LInda that can help somewhat.

But Linda wouldn't prevent the Main Panel from opening.

I suspect the problem is your panel.cfg file somehow.

Thanks, Bryan. Not at home now, so will do so later tonight when I get to the sim.

Got the LINDA Majestic module and LINDA runs when P3Dv4.4 is up and running, FYI, if needed.