Sign in to follow this  
aakash4251

Frames Per Second

Hello,

I recently bought Prepar3d v4 and installed it. However when I started it, all I had was 6 fps on average. Here is my PC specs:

13" MacBook Pro with retina display

Intel core I5 processor 6th generation at 2.7 GHz

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MV gpu

8GB 1867 DDR3 RAM.

Now what I am planning to do is that I am planning to buy one external gpu which will get connected to this notebook through a thunderbolt 2 port.

Nvidia GTX 980 will be used by me. But I am unsure of the performance which Ill be getting.

However on youtube it shows that it makes the notebook extremely powerful and also the FPS are increased considerably.

Please let me know what you guys think.

P3Dv4 can install with some settings in place that will seriously impact performance.

Initial things to try:-

In the settings / graphics screen, turn off "Dynamic Lighting" on the left side of the screen.  On the right side of the screen turn down the "Visual effects" to half way.

Also in the settings / lighting settings page, try turning off HDR (check box on the top left) - at least temporarily so you can see if that's causing your problem.

AI traffic in the settings / traffic page should also be set low or off - again at least until you can get the frame rates up and then start slowly bringing up the things that are important to you.

Good luck!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply JYW, but I've already tried that. No matter whatever settings I use, the impact on performance will majorly be dependent on the GPU. Isn't it?

You already got your answers a week ago:

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

4 hours ago, aakash4251 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply JYW, but I've already tried that. No matter whatever settings I use, the impact on performance will majorly be dependent on the GPU. Isn't it?

Hi,

Yes, you're right it will.  It may be the case that the onboard GPU in your lap top just isn't suitable for a demanding application like P3Dv4.   I'm sure your planned upgrade of the GPU would make a big difference.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

This is the second time this user has posted the same question - locking it down

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors