Sign in to follow this  
felan09

Loading Order P3D V4

Hi guys,
simple question..where do I have to put FMX in P3DV4 with only OrbX stuff (Base, OpenLC and Vectors plus a couple of freeware airports) installed...below or above the Bathymetry entry in scenery.cfg.
Pastbin-Link for a snippet of my scenery.cfg
https://pastebin.com/jWrAYYAS
Many thx in advance!
Kind regards
dirk

I would recommend this order in the Scenery Library:

- FTX Regions (if you have any)

- FMX

- FTX Global

FTX regions contain their own mesh, so I would recommend having the regions on top of FMX if you want to use the Orbx Regions' mesh inside the region.  If you want to use the FreeMeshX mesh in the Orbx regions, you can put FMX above the Orbx regions.

FTX Global does not contain it's own mesh, so FMX should be above FTX Global.

Airports, I am not 100% sure, but I would think that they should be above everything.

As far as the scenery.cfg, I am not sure.

Glad to help.

• Upvote 1

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

Thx for your advices Caleb!...maybe Daniel comes along this topic and will give an advice from a devs point of view:happy:

@caleb1 is on point here. Generally I recommend you keep FMX below any FTX regions and 3rd party airports. It can remain above FTX Vectors though.

• Upvote 1

Thx for your advice guys!
Than my current loading order (in this case in FSX) is correct

Add-On Aiports
Add-On Airports LC
Add-On Airports Meshes
Add-On Airports Libraries
OrbX Libraries
OrbX Airports
misc. OrbX Stuff (Lights,,…)
OpenLC Europe
OpenLC USA
OpenLC zBase
FreeMeshX Patches
FreeMeshX Africa
misc. FreeMeshX
Edwards AFB
Berlin
ect.
OrbX Vector

I think FMX should be above Orbx OpenLC if I am not mistaken.  @AviatorMoser please correct me if I am wrong.

Like this:

Add-On Aiports
Add-On Airports LC
Add-On Airports Meshes
Add-On Airports Libraries
OrbX Libraries
OrbX Airports
FreeMeshX Patches
FreeMeshX Africa
misc. FreeMeshX

misc. OrbX Stuff (Lights,,…)
OpenLC Europe
OpenLC USA
OpenLC zBase
Edwards AFB
Berlin
ect.
OrbX Vector

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

It is always recommended that global type mesh be placed low down in the priority, should you add localized scenery that might contain local meshes then the local mesh will override the global coverage.

Landclass responds to slope and prints the appropriate textures for that slope in a particular region. It is recommended that LC go above the mesh.

For P3DV4 just put your global mesh products above this default layer.

Scenery\Bathymetry

felan09 has it correct.

Bryan

• Upvote 2

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

@AviatorMowser I'm confused. I have all of ORBX Global Base, Vector, Open LC Europe, North & South America installed. Where do place FMX in my scenery library of P3Dv4.5?

I followed the FMX readme instructions "FreeMeshX should be placed above the default terrain entries in the Scenery Library, and below any airports or FTX Regions or landclasses", but this seems different to what was said in the threads above.

At the moment FMX is above Orbx VECTOR and P3D base scenery but below the other Orbx Base and LC, P3D basic scenery and other addon airports. Is this correct?

Thanks.

AviatorMowser I'm confused. I have all of ORBX Global Base, Vector, Open LC Europe, North & South America installed. Where do place FMX in my scenery library of P3Dv4.5?

I followed the FMX readme instructions "FreeMeshX should be placed above the default terrain entries in the Scenery Library, and below any airports or FTX Regions or landclasses", but this seems different to what was said in the threads above.

At the moment FMX is above Orbx VECTOR and P3D base scenery but below the other Orbx Base and LC, P3D basic scenery and other addon airports. Is this correct?

Thanks.