Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Current Development Focus - October 2017

It’s all hands on deck in the Dovetail office as we keep further developing Flight Sim World. We’re coming up to six months in Early Access and wanted to take this opportunity to update you on our current focal points and the things the dev team are hoping to bring to FSW in the near future.

Important Note: These are things the dev team is currently focusing on: We don’t have any solid delivery dates as of yet, but will have more information as we work through our list.

Dynamic Weather
Building upon the foundations laid by Advanced Weather, we are working to fully support the variety of experiences demanded by experienced flight simmers. That means adding the ability to see weather change during your flight. 

Bug Fixing
We’re working through the bug reporting form, currently trying to iron out a few errant bugs:

• Sim Stability
  • Full screen + multi-monitor issues
  • Aircraft rolling to the left
  • Peripherals
  • Ongoing performance improvements

Thank you to everyone who’s taken the time out to leave feedback on the bug reporting form. We go through each report, so if you’re experiencing issues then please take the time to fill one in.

Improving Aircraft Systems
It is our aim to ensure auto-pilot, and GPS avionics are working as expected across all aircraft to ensure a solid foundation for future IFR implementation.

Aircraft Variety
We’re committed to bringing the breadth of experiences that simulation fans demand into FSW. Whether you're a fan of general aviation, jets, helicopters or military aircraft, we're working internally and with 3rd party developers to make those experiences available for Flight Sim World.

SDK
We’re heavily invested in preparing the first release of the SDK which will allow anyone to create content for Flight Sim World. We couldn’t have done this without the help of Turbulent Designs, Just Flight, BlueSky FS and others who have helped drive the core sim forward. 

The SDK will be freely available, so fledgling creators can join established freeware and 3rd party developers in creating content. We’re excited to see what you create!

• Upvote 10

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Cryss - When you say "dynamic weather", is that an indirect reference to the trueSKY update I was expecting last month?

I'm fully aware that things don't always go as planned in software updates so I would want things to be done well but if you could provide an update on the implementation of 'trueSKY v4.2 (I think it was)(the one with multiple cloud layers and such), that would be appreciated.

Not seeing the expected update is one reason Ive cut down my flying in FSW.  giving me hope could bring me back.

PS: very glad to hear about finally getting the avionics (all of them) to work as they should.  very glad about your complete list actually...just that Id like more on the trueSKY thing.

thanks in advance.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

17 minutes ago, DTG_Cryss said:

SDK
We’re heavily invested in preparing the first release of the SDK which will allow anyone to create content for Flight Sim World. We couldn’t have done this without the help of Turbulent Designs, Just Flight, BlueSky FS and others who have helped drive the core sim forward. 

The SDK will be freely available, so fledgling creators can join established freeware and 3rd party developers in creating content. We’re excited to see what you create!

Cryss, I think that's a real milestone which will open a solid path into the future for FSW.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

That is great news. I think you're 100% on the right path.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Releasing the SDK will drive FSW development well into the future, and stand by my belief that FSW will be one of the main simulators of the future building on a solid platform is the best way.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This is the fastest I have ever seen a sim change so much in a beta or early access. You guys really raised the bar on building a sim for flight simmers based on our interests and input. I couldn't be happier to get all this for the $15 I spent on Flight School. Great job folks. 

• Upvote 2

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

5 hours ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

This is the fastest I have ever seen a sim change so much in a beta or early access. You guys really raised the bar on building a sim for flight simmers based on our interests and input. I couldn't be happier to get all this for the $15 I spent on Flight School. Great job folks. 

Hear hear!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

17 hours ago, sightseer said:

Cryss - When you say "dynamic weather", is that an indirect reference to the trueSKY update I was expecting last month?

I'm fully aware that things don't always go as planned in software updates so I would want things to be done well but if you could provide an update on the implementation of 'trueSKY v4.2 (I think it was)(the one with multiple cloud layers and such), that would be appreciated.

Not seeing the expected update is one reason Ive cut down my flying in FSW.  giving me hope could bring me back.

PS: very glad to hear about finally getting the avionics (all of them) to work as they should.  very glad about your complete list actually...just that Id like more on the trueSKY thing.

thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% on trueSKY, I'll try to find out a little more and get back to you. 

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

About the SDK, will it support Blender for 3D Modeling. I think it would be easier for freeware developers to have Blender as an alternative as it's open source and free.

Júnior Silva

13 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

I'm not 100% on trueSKY, I'll try to find out a little more and get back to you. 

Please Cryss give us a feedback on that. TrueSky v4.2 seems to be a real step forward.

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Please Cryss give us a feedback on that. TrueSky v4.2 seems to be a real step forward.

Same here; one of the main things keeping me interested in FSW is TrueSky so an update would be much appreciated.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Interesting to see there are more comments on the Tools thread than on this one given the frequent requests (demands) for a roadmap.

Personally I'm wondering what is meant by "near term". My working assumption is three to four months but it would be nice to know if that's DTG's assumption as well.

Give people power to really test their personality.

I really hope 'Dynamic Weather' translates to 'Real World Weather updates' :biggrin:

The Sim seems to be on the right track, but there is still a long way to go. Hopefully the release of the SDK will speed it up a bit, and give it some more attention from 3rd party devs.

Really looking forward to see how it progress the coming months.

I really like the advances DTG has made and their commitment to their product. The many advancements have made some areas stick like a sore thumb.

In time. I hope that DTG will make revolutionary changes to the autogen (scenery and draw distance) much like they did with sky/weather/rain etc.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, JSilva said:

About the SDK, will it support Blender for 3D Modeling. I think it would be easier for freeware developers to have Blender as an alternative as it's open source and free.

If not, then I would expect the same folks who've published the current Blender to FSX/P3D toolset will fill this need.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator