Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

[Resolved] AI lighting question

Hi Simbol

First of all, many thanks for your superb product, I'm looking forward to checking out more of the FSReborn range in the future. 

One question though - When the aircraft push bank and taxi they only have the red beacon on the fuselage and taxi lights on the nose-wheel activated. The position lights and strobe at the end of each wing don't activate until the active runway threshold is reached and the landing light switches on for take-off. Is it supposed to be like that? To be honest i don't recall for sure, but feel that the default lighting and strobe/position lights activated during taxi. 

I've noticed this with FAIB and TFS aircraft. To clarify, I do my testing at 'dusk' so I can see enough to make sure textures etc are in place, but also check what the lighting is doing.

Thanks once again

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

Hi Ian @Ian S

Strobes lights are supposed to be active only after being authorised to take off.

However the navigation lights should be active at the same time as the beacon lights.

This is a symptom of wrongly lights types configured inside the aircraft.cfg files by the AI developer.

Check the lights section inside the aircraft.cfg file, the navigation lights types should be type 3, it is very likely they are configured as landing lights which are type 5.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing,  6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin

My AI lights are only following the instructions by the AI modeler, so you would need to correct this manually.

If you don't know how email me at support@fsreborn.com and I can help you.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Thanks Simbol, 

I've adjusted the conditions, and in full darkness I can now see the navigation lights, just a lot more discreet than the default version which is probably why I missed them. 

So if I wanted the strobe lights engaged during taxi I'd need to contact the developer? I've just watched a A320 land, it looked very realistic until it finished rolling out and disengaged the landing lights as it left the runway, as then the strobes went out as well. I am sure I've seen the strobes remain active until they were much closer to the gate before now, but I am perhaps mistaken.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Thanks Simbol, 

So if I wanted the strobe lights engaged during taxi I'd need to contact the developer? I've just watched a A320 land, it looked very realistic until it finished rolling out and disengaged the landing lights as it left the runway, as then the strobes went out as well. I am sure I've seen the strobes remain active until they were much closer to the gate before now, but I am perhaps mistaken.

Ian

Strobe lights are supposed to be de-activated after vacating the runway but they should be turned off during taxi.

What you are experiencing is normal, you don't need to do anything about it, you just noticed another annoyance from the ESP engine where the AI traffic turn of the Landing Lights and the Strobe Lights while they are still on the runway, saddly this is how things have been for the last 10 years..

However you would be pleased to hear that AI Lights Reborn profesional edition will correct this problem as it will keep the landing lights and strobe lights enabled until  AI planes are actually vacated from the active runway as per real world operations.

All the best,

Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Strobe lights are supposed to be de-activated after vacating the runway but they should be turned off during taxi.

What you are experiencing is normal, you don't need to do anything about it, you just noticed another annoyance from the ESP engine where the AI traffic turn of the Landing Lights and the Strobe Lights while they are still on the runway, saddly this is how things have been for the last 10 years..

However you would be pleased to hear that AI Lights Reborn profesional edition will correct this problem as it will keep the landing lights and strobe lights enabled until  AI planes are actually vacated from the active runway as per real world operations.

All the best,

Simbol

Thanks mate, yes I didn't think it was just my set-up, and presumed that's how it goes, just never noticed it before. Looking forward to the new product, good luck in your endeavours.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg