Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

Regional Jets for P3D

Hi,

I am currently running v3 (to lazy to upgrade)  with windows 10 and I am looking for good regional airliners for p3d. I am someone who gets very deep into an aircraft's systems and what every setting, switch, and click spot does. I just feel very accomplished when I am able to completely master an aircraft down to the smallest detail. So far I've flown the Majestic Q400, Quality Wings 75, PMDG NG, and the PMDG T7. With that being said are there any models  close to "study plane" level in the regional market. I've looked at the QW BAE 146/Avro RJ and the Aerosoft CRJ. These two problems both have some huge downfalls though. The BAE 146/RJ's problem for me is that there were so few produced, I think like 300 and only a few airlines had them in their fleet. So I'm worried about the number of liveries and routes I can fly with it. (hopefully that makes sense) The problem I have with the CRJ is that according to many people the CRJ is very bugged and the bugs kind of prevent it from being flyable. One of my friends says that he bought it and can't fly it because the NAV function of the autopilot is FOBAR. Don't know is the stories are true but if they are I'm not wasting my money. So am I missing some models, what do you guys think? 

Thanks, 

Andrew

Safe Flights

Hi Andrew,

As per your criteria - it sounds like you only have one choice - the TDFI B717 or as I like to think of it - the MD-95...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The Majestic Q400 would sort of quality as a regional, give that a look! It should be noted, however, that FlytheMaddog will be releasing their MD-82 by the end of the year, it looks amazing from the pictures and streams I've seen!

Just picked up the Majestic Q400, excellent model and just interesting period! Now I have to fly by the book...even steering the aircraft by the tiller.

Now if someone would come out with a Prepar V4 version of the ERJ-175/190 aircraft but please nothing from Wilco...pure c**p!

Darryl

55 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

FlytheMaddog will be releasing their MD-82 by the end of the year, it looks amazing from the pictures and streams I've seen!

Hi Milton,

I heard something about that - are they upgrading the model itself to todays standards ?

Got a link ?

Regards,
Scott 

9 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Milton,

I heard something about that - are they upgrading the model itself to todays standards ?

Got a link ?

Regards,
Scott 

It seems everything is getting an upgrade, both visual and system wise. Here's a link to their Facebook where they have some previews of it: https://m.facebook.com/LeonardoSoftHouse/

2 hours ago, Goalie70 said:

Hi,

I am currently running v3 (to lazy to upgrade)  with windows 10 and I am looking for good regional airliners for p3d. I am someone who gets very deep into an aircraft's systems and what every setting, switch, and click spot does. I just feel very accomplished when I am able to completely master an aircraft down to the smallest detail. So far I've flown the Majestic Q400, Quality Wings 75, PMDG NG, and the PMDG T7. With that being said are there any models  close to "study plane" level in the regional market. I've looked at the QW BAE 146/Avro RJ and the Aerosoft CRJ. These two problems both have some huge downfalls though. The BAE 146/RJ's problem for me is that there were so few produced, I think like 300 and only a few airlines had them in their fleet. So I'm worried about the number of liveries and routes I can fly with it. (hopefully that makes sense) The problem I have with the CRJ is that according to many people the CRJ is very bugged and the bugs kind of prevent it from being flyable. One of my friends says that he bought it and can't fly it because the NAV function of the autopilot is FOBAR. Don't know is the stories are true but if they are I'm not wasting my money. So am I missing some models, what do you guys think? 

Thanks, 

Andrew

Safe Flights

Hi Andrew.

I am still on P3dv3.

In my honest opinion the Aerosoft CRJ is a very good simulation. Mostly programmed by one man, over a number of years, it must have been a labour of love.

I too enjoy, so called study level simulations. The Majestic Dash 8 being up there at the top of my list. I also enjoyed the FSW Lear. Although the latter is not really a "regional"!

However, on my PC, I see a flawless simulation in the CRJ. If you wish to see it in action, with the "beta" version of Multi Crew Experience take a look at my You Tube site. The last three movies cover the aircraft when flown with a first officer with flows and checklists.The link is in my signature.

The CRJ has many features that deserve deeper study. The MFDU's and FMC's are "dual". With the advantage independent units offer (similar to the Mjc).  Without a fully automated VNav, you have to fly the aircraft using speed and thrust settings. In my opinion this adds to the pleasure and satisfaction of the simulation. You can not just take off, hit LNav and VNav, fold your arms and have a nap!

Anyway for what it's worth, that's my opinion.:biggrin:

Best regards

David

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

The Majestic Q400 would sort of quality as a regional, give that a look! It should be noted, however, that FlytheMaddog will be releasing their MD-82 by the end of the year, it looks amazing from the pictures and streams I've seen!

I have the Q400 in my hangar and I flew that everyday for 10 months straight, even if that meant getting up before school. However I could never get used to the flight dynamics. I had an extremely hard time hand flying this Majestic beauty. I still fly it every now and then since I only have 5 others in my hangar, but it's not one that I enjoy.

7 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

Hi Andrew.

I am still on P3dv3.

In my honest opinion the Aerosoft CRJ is a very good simulation. Mostly programmed by one man, over a number of years, it must have been a labour of love.

I too enjoy, so called study level simulations. The Majestic Dash 8 being up there at the top of my list. I also enjoyed the FSW Lear. Although the latter is not really a "regional"!

However, on my PC, I see a flawless simulation in the CRJ. If you wish to see it in action, with the "beta" version of Multi Crew Experience take a look at my You Tube site. The last three movies cover the aircraft when flown with a first officer with flows and checklists.The link is in my signature.

The CRJ has many features that deserve deeper study. The MFDU's and FMC's are "dual". With the advantage independent units offer (similar to the Mjc).  Without a fully automated VNav, you have to fly the aircraft using speed and thrust settings. In my opinion this adds to the pleasure and satisfaction of the simulation. You can not just take off, hit LNav and VNav, fold your arms and have a nap!

Anyway for what it's worth, that's my opinion.:biggrin:

Best regards

David

David,

Thanks do much for your opinion. It really makes me think. It's just many horror stories of CRJ bugs which hold me back from closing my eyes and clicking purchase.

Thanks again

21 hours ago, Goalie70 said:

David,

Thanks do much for your opinion. It really makes me think. It's just many horror stories of CRJ bugs which hold me back from closing my eyes and clicking purchase.

Thanks again

Out of the many hundreds of copies they have sold, you never hear many folks going on the forums and praising things. You mostly hear folks that want to moan! It's a strange thing? Like Shakespeare once said, the fears that were not grew to faults assured.

I have only one issue, the HUD is not always displaying all the flight information. The dev knows about this and is working on it. I know a few "traditionalists" or like me, old bug..rs, who hate HUD's anyway!:happy:

Best regards

David

Hi David,

Watched your great videos with MCE and the CRJ - looks very impressive - it's on the definite buy list for me... Being that we both have the same appreciation for the FSW Lear - your opinion carries a great deal of weight... This might be a suitable replacement for my old ERJ - lol - although I still like the looks of the ERJ better...

Regards,
Scott

Don't buy the CRJ.. you will pay $50 of your money only to find you are uninstalling it a few flights later because it's so buggy 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi David,

Watched your great videos with MCE and the CRJ - looks very impressive - it's on the definite buy list for me... Being that we both have the same appreciation for the FSW Lear - your opinion carries a great deal of weight... This might be a suitable replacement for my old ERJ - lol - although I still like the looks of the ERJ better...

Regards,
Scott

Hello again Scott, you ol' Dolphin!

The CRJ gives me the same satisfaction (I am flying the aircraft) that the Lear does. The difference is the CRJ behaves impeccably in climb or descent under FADEC thrust and autopilot commanded speed (read pitch) settings. She climbs and descends with superb accuracy. If your flying VATSIM or ai ATC that issues demanding altitude/speed restrictions, this ship will be your cup of tea.

The FMC is a work of art too. Dual split FMC and MFDU's! 

Slap on a MCE first officer (full release next week) and where did I leave that gold braided hat?:biggrin:

Best regards

David

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Don't buy the CRJ.. you will pay $50 of your money only to find you are uninstalling it a few flights later because it's so buggy 

Not having any such experiences. Yes, a couple of minor bugs which I'm sure will be fixed, but nothing serious enough to make me want to uninstall it. I'm not having the NAV issues that some people seem to be having (there was 1 issue on a known waypoint) but other than that it flies perfectly for me. The earlier versions were very buggy (NAV issue, hiding of the yoke, some issues with DAVE not disconnecting the GPU or closing doors) but the latest version has fixed all this for me. I hope you get your issues sorted out because it's a really fun aircraft to fly. Challenging to learn too, I'm still trying to get to grips with many elements of it.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough