Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

Regional Jets for P3D

Another thumbs up for the CRJ. It will keep you involved in the sim just as much as the Q400 but flies much much more predictably. Runs great in P3D4. Aero soft scored big by collaborating with this developer. And, and this is ONLY my speculation, if they are working with Digital on their Airbus, then that one should be a big win as well.

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

7 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Another thumbs up for the CRJ. It will keep you involved in the sim just as much as the Q400 but flies much much more predictably. Runs great in P3D4. Aero soft scored big by collaborating with this developer. And, and this is ONLY my speculation, if they are working with Digital on their Airbus, then that one should be a big win as well.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the input as well - yeah - I'm not a Boeing/Airbus guy - my favorite "modern" airliners in the past were the Coolsky MD-80 and the Feelthere ERJ (I'm used to FADEC) - so this might be up my alley... LOL - also - based on hours flown, quality for its time, and longevity of use - the DA Cheyenne produced by Hans and Co is my absolute favorite aircraft of all time in FS - and I've been doing this since monochrome...

Regards,
Scott 

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

9 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the input as well - yeah - I'm not a Boeing/Airbus guy - my favorite "modern" airliners in the past were the Coolsky MD-80 and the Feelthere ERJ (I'm used to FADEC) - so this might be up my alley... LOL - also - based on hours flown, quality for its time, and longevity of use - the DA Cheyenne produced by Hans and Co is my absolute favorite aircraft of all time in FS - and I've been doing this since monochrome...

Regards,
Scott 

LOL, Scott, 

I've been using the FS platform on and off since MFS4 days. (I think I still have the 3.5in floppy installation disks around here somewhere), I picked them up during the time I was getting my PPL from an FBO called Wayman out of OpaLocka (KOPF) in North Miami. But I never really got into add-ons until very recently. I agree with you, I like sims that remind me of my own flying experience. Not ones I can't relate to. Don't get me wrong I have the boeings and busses  and they are fun to play around with, I just can't really relate to the way they handle.  That being said the TFDi 717 is pretty cool too. I've had the experience of flying through convective CB in low visibility and scud running, I think their anticipated truglass feature simulates that pretty well. There are some talented young developers coming in now with some really big ideas. That's a good thing.

Regards, 

Jose

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

10 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

LOL, Scott, 

I've been using the FS platform on and off since MFS4 days. (I think I still have the 3.5in floppy installation disks around here somewhere), I picked them up during the time I was getting my PPL from an FBO called Wayman out of OpaLocka (KOPF) in North Miami. But I never really got into add-ons until very recently. I agree with you, I like sims that remind me of my own flying experience. Not ones I can't relate to. Don't get me wrong I have the boeings and busses  and they are fun to play around with, I just can't really relate to the way they handle.  That being said the TFDi 717 is pretty cool too. I've had the experience of flying through convective CB in low visibility and scud running, I think their anticipated truglass feature simulates that pretty well. There are some talented young developers coming in now with some really big ideas. That's a good thing.

Regards, 

Jose

Hi Jose,

Yep - very cool...

Hah - ORBX had Opa Locka Executive on their freeware list for a while but it was all messed up - looked like someone took a stab at it and forgot to get back to it... I think it's since been withdrawn... It would be nice to have an executive airport around Miami to hit...

Ditto - I do spend most of my time in the GA world to complement my RW flying...

The B717 is on my short list as well...

Have a good day...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, nealmac said:

Not having any such experiences. Yes, a couple of minor bugs which I'm sure will be fixed, but nothing serious enough to make me want to uninstall it. I'm not having the NAV issues that some people seem to be having (there was 1 issue on a known waypoint) but other than that it flies perfectly for me. The earlier versions were very buggy (NAV issue, hiding of the yoke, some issues with DAVE not disconnecting the GPU or closing doors) but the latest version has fixed all this for me. I hope you get your issues sorted out because it's a really fun aircraft to fly. Challenging to learn too, I'm still trying to get to grips with many elements of it.

I unfortunately have not had such a good experience with the CRJ, yet.  I bought the initial release, updated to the (c) patch, then 1.00.1.

I guess there is something in my system (Win 7, P3D v4.0) install, but I did not have that yoke not disappearing problem until I installed the latest version of the CRJ.  I can live with the NAV tracking issue for now, the discrepancies between the CRJ Load manager vs. Dave; but when the NAV selector source cannot be accessed because I cannot hide the yoke, I cannot get Dave to disconnect GPU and remove the chocks, that parked it for me.

I still have it, waiting for those issues to be fixed. Unfortunately for me, the Aerosoft forum seems somewhat dismissive, but that may be a language translation problem.

Stephen Forsgren

Don't buy the CRJ.. you will pay $50 of your money only to find you are uninstalling it a few flights later because it's so buggy

I paid $60 for the 717, and it has since been uninstalled. Not because of bugs though. I just feel that the flight dynamics are not quite right (I could be wrong about this, but that's how I feel).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, BuddyDog said:

I unfortunately have not had such a good experience with the CRJ, yet.  I bought the initial release, updated to the (c) patch, then 1.00.1.

I guess there is something in my system (Win 7, P3D v4.0) install, but I did not have that yoke not disappearing problem until I installed the latest version of the CRJ.  I can live with the NAV tracking issue for now, the discrepancies between the CRJ Load manager vs. Dave; but when the NAV selector source cannot be accessed because I cannot hide the yoke, I cannot get Dave to disconnect GPU and remove the chocks, that parked it for me.

I still have it, waiting for those issues to be fixed. Unfortunately for me, the Aerosoft forum seems somewhat dismissive, but that may be a language translation problem.

Hey Buddy, 

Don't know if this will help you at all but I hope so

As far as hiding the yoke, it works for my by clicking the speed placard on the instrument panel, not the yoke itself. 

I haven't had any issues loading the aircraft but I only use DAVE, and not the load manager included. 

I haven't had any problems getting the chocks and gpu to work or disconnect. I did notice that the GPU will only operate correctly if parking brakes or wheel chocks are set appropriately.  

You may also want to re-download your installer from where you bought it. The version number you have is not the most recent

The latest version is 1.0.1.1    Rev 278.  Here are the fixes they claim 

- [Fixed] FMS/FPLN: Flightplan loading via CoRoute entry
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (FSX and P3D v3 models added)
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (P3D v4 models only. P3D v3 and FSX/FSX-SE will follow soonÖ)
- [Added] Configuration Entry for the creation of minidump files. 
The configuration entry must be manually added to CRJ.cfg (CRJ_P3Dv4.cfg for P3D v4) like this:
[Debug]
CreateMinidumps=0
0 = Don't create any minidumps
1 = Create thread-related minidumps only
2 = Create thread- and process-related minidumps
Unless a user experiences crashes, CreateMinidumps should be set to 0
- [Fixed] Thrust reversers now open before reverse thrust is set (and only close after reverse thrust is back to idle)
- [Fixed] Some more improvement in NAV turn calculation. Still needs a bit of fine tuning due to some over- and undershoots.
  Unfortunately the official FAA formulas for turn radius and turn distance anticipation are not applicable as is. 
  Right now, the anticipated turn distance has to be multiplied by 1.35 to avoid a massive overshoot.
- [Fixed] Slightly increased the upper limit for throttle cruise range
- [Fixed] Improved FPV and FD in HGS 

Good Luck!

Jose A.

Thanks, Jose for the change log.  I probably do have 1.0.1.1, bit will double check the revision number

In my instance, I do use the speed placard to hide the yoke, but clicking it merely creates a millisecond disappearance of the yoke, then it reappears.  That did not start with me until the latest version of the CRJ.

Dave and the chocks/APU is a sometimes works, sometimes doesn't thing.  In my experience, the longer I sit with the aircraft at the gate, Dave decides to take a "nap" and not wake up.

And what is this thing about completely loading a default aircraft at some gate, then changing to the CRJ?  That seems like a FS9 holdover. 

Edited by BuddyDog
info

Stephen Forsgren

Thanks guys for all your replies, I thank for your time in helping me. I think for now I going to continue getting my hours up on the NG and revisit this a little bit latter when the ESDG Challenger 605 comes out. 

Thanks Again,

Andrew

Safe Flights

On 10/25/2017 at 3:23 PM, charlie130 said:

Hi Andrew.

I am still on P3dv3.

In my honest opinion the Aerosoft CRJ is a very good simulation. Mostly programmed by one man, over a number of years, it must have been a labour of love.

I too enjoy, so called study level simulations. The Majestic Dash 8 being up there at the top of my list. I also enjoyed the FSW Lear. Although the latter is not really a "regional"!

However, on my PC, I see a flawless simulation in the CRJ. If you wish to see it in action, with the "beta" version of Multi Crew Experience take a look at my You Tube site. The last three movies cover the aircraft when flown with a first officer with flows and checklists.The link is in my signature.

The CRJ has many features that deserve deeper study. The MFDU's and FMC's are "dual". With the advantage independent units offer (similar to the Mjc).  Without a fully automated VNav, you have to fly the aircraft using speed and thrust settings. In my opinion this adds to the pleasure and satisfaction of the simulation. You can not just take off, hit LNav and VNav, fold your arms and have a nap!

Anyway for what it's worth, that's my opinion.:biggrin:

Best regards

David

David, I watched your CRJ 700 MCE YouTube video and thought it was great! Just bought the CRJ last week and so far haven't done much with it other than set up ChasePlane presets. I'm planning on doing one of the tutorial flights soon but for now just trying to observe and absorb others flying it for now. Your video has been very helpful in that regard, so thank you! As soon as I find the time, I'll check out your other CRJ videos.

John