Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Real world AAL domicile qustion

I was wondering if American has any Boeing pilots stationed at Charlotte or if they're all former US Air guys? Silly question maybe but I like flying my NGX out of my FSDT KCLT. Close to home .

Vic green

They do. I'm based out of PHL. I do know they are getting rid of the 75/76 in CLT soon.

I guess the "former USAir guys" stipulation confuses me. I can't even guess why this information, would have any impact on you being able to fly an NGX out of KCLT. 

I hope you find what your looking for. 

30 minutes ago, busdriver said:

They do. I'm based out of PHL. I do know they are getting rid of the 75/76 in CLT soon.

Are you former US? I retired in 2016 after 36 years with US. Most of it on the ramp.

NAX669.png

58 minutes ago, pracines said:

I guess the "former USAir guys" stipulation confuses me. I can't even guess why this information, would have any impact on you being able to fly an NGX out of KCLT. 

I think it's just more his curiosity...nothinf wrong with that.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

9 hours ago, pracines said:

Just idle curiosity. Too much time on my hands I guess. Thanks for the replies.

Vic green

10 hours ago, mwilk said:

Are you former US? I retired in 2016 after 36 years with US. Most of it on the ramp.

Yes Sir! 

24 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Yes Sir! 

There was a pilot who flew 734's for most of his career but had to transition to the Airbus when the 737's were retired, he was an ex Piedmont old timer. We knew him by the name of Buddy. Is he still flying?

NAX669.png

22 minutes ago, mwilk said:

There was a pilot who flew 734's for most of his career but had to transition to the Airbus when the 737's were retired, he was an ex Piedmont old timer. We knew him by the name of Buddy. Is he still flying?

Buddy Bowen?? Pretty sure he retired a long time ago as a captain. I think I flew with him as an FO way back when...

15 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Buddy Bowen?? Pretty sure he retired a long time ago as a captain. I think I flew with him as an FO way back when...

He was still flying when I retired in January of 2016. He had a Piedmont tattoo on his shoulder. He was hilarious. He used to stand on the jetway greeting passengers with fake buck teeth.

NAX669.png

16 minutes ago, mwilk said:

He was still flying when I retired in January of 2016. He had a Piedmont tattoo on his shoulder. He was hilarious. He used to stand on the jetway greeting passengers with fake buck teeth.

Hmmm.... Not sure then. I don't recall the Bowen I remember doing that! Then again, after 23 years, it's all a blur....!

• Upvote 1