Sign in to follow this  
757FO

AI Traffic P3DV4

Hi all, I have been searching around for a good AI traffic program for P3D V4. I am considering either My Traffic 6 or Ultimate Traffic Live, but I have not been lucky finding info about which program has the least impact on performance in the sim. Would anyone be kind and help me find what program is best suited for performance? (quality of the model doesn't have to be highly detailed) Any other product I should consider? 

Thank you in advance!

John

Based of my analysis of both AI models you should go for UTL.

UTL has better design planes for PD3V4 and also works better with the handling of AI lights.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Depends if you can wait. Just flight have a traffic add on coming that will work in all esp versions.

I got an update email today from them which stated they have added lots of new models and are currently adding liveries.

Looking at the pics it does seem they have added more than last time I looked.

Also based on just flights recent product quality, attentiveness and response to the community I'm going to wait and try this.

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Chris

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Based of my analysis of both AI models you should go for UTL.

UTL has better design planes for PD3V4 and also works better with the handling of AI lights.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Plus one--they are constantly working on it and you can add many new liveries easily.  Way less impact on framerates than anything I've used in the last 9 years.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

2 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Depends if you can wait. Just flight have a traffic add on coming that will work in all esp versions.

I got an update email today from them which stated they have added lots of new models and are currently adding liveries.

Looking at the pics it does seem they have added more than last time I looked.

Also based on just flights recent product quality, attentiveness and response to the community I'm going to wait and try this.

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

Chris

+1

Does anyone have a sense of when the traffic global product will be released?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I have been checking justflight website regularly, one of their screenshots have a tab with the title "Compile traffic", this means their AI handling model is still the same as Traffic 360 (Which I had before UTL), the problem with this approach is that your .BGL files will grow over time and if you are an AI Fanatic it can be huge.

Under such circumstances the simulator needs to read the BGL files before completing the load of the situation for your flight, this have a massive impact for your loading times on your simulator .

UTL does not compile traffic, it injects it, this means no BGL files, less disk capacity requirements and a massive improvement on your simulator loading times, for this reason I will stay with UTL.

Just my two cents.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I have both.

UTL is still too early in development in my opinion, it's a beta, come back in 5-10 years and it should be almost done.

I've currently uninstalled it, back to using MyTraffic, works very well. That's what I'd buy right now if you need traffic for v4. Yes, some of the models are hideously ugly, but it works great once you install it with the .xml method, and the performance seems decent.

I actually use VoxATC to control the traffic, it uses the mytraffic models once this is installed, they work great in combination. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I have both.

UTL is still too early in development in my opinion, it's a beta, come back in 5-10 years and it should be almost done.

I've currently uninstalled it, back to using MyTraffic, works very well. That's what I'd buy right now if you need traffic for v4. Yes, some of the models are hideously ugly, but it works great once you install it with the .xml method, and the performance seems decent.

I actually use VoxATC to control the traffic, it uses the mytraffic models once this is installed, they work great in combination. 

I've had pretty good luck with the latest UTL build. For me, there is really only one big bug and we have figured out a simple workaround. Still, don't buy it thinking it is a finished product. It is not..

As it stands, it does work well (for me) and it shares a lot of similarities with UT2.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, simbol said:

UTL does not compile traffic, it injects it, this means no BGL files, less disk capacity requirements and a massive improvement on your simulator loading times, for this reason I will stay with UTL.

Very interesting. I use voxatc a lot of the time to control my ai so it obeys ATC but I'm using mt6 aircraft with it. When I'm not using voxatc then I'm using mt6 most recent schedules.

In either case though my loading time increased massively once I had installed mt6. Are you saying that this isn't the case with UTL? That may tempt me!

Chris

17 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Very interesting. I use voxatc a lot of the time to control my ai so it obeys ATC but I'm using mt6 aircraft with it. When I'm not using voxatc then I'm using mt6 most recent schedules.

In either case though my loading time increased massively once I had installed mt6. Are you saying that this isn't the case with UTL? That may tempt me!

Chris

Correct.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Correct.

Really???  I was always under the impression that the extra loading time arose from the hundreds (sometimes thousands) of additional AI models that the sim needs to process and consider.  Whether using injection or .bgls, the AI aircraft still need to be loaded.  Are loading times really less with UTL?

I'm debating between this and JustFlight's upcoming Global traffic. I get the load times will be higher with JF's traffic but the models look superb from their screenshots, especially the Beluga! Now I wouldn't be getting either until Christmas at the EARLIEST due to the fact that I don't want to be a beta tester dealing with all the bugs that accompany a new product release. Which one would you reccomend?