Sign in to follow this  
iamgbs

Pmdg 737 Ngx TO/GA Problenm At Takeoff

Hi,

I just purchased my first PMDG aircraft (737NGX for P3D4) and love it. However, a problem is happening when I am going through the Tutorial 1 provided by PMDG:

All was well the first few times, but now at Takeoff stage ("In the Air" section of Tute), when I spool to 40%, and hit TOGA, N1 shoots up to derated 88%, but the aircraft too slowly accelerates and I crash into the unsuspecting vehicles on the road at the end of the runway at only 120(-ish) knots. (VR is 142). I have checked brakes are off etc.

I have checked and rechecked my settings in FMC as outlined in the Introduction document.

When I searched this forum, a topic from 2014 called "Pmdg 737 Ngx TO/GA Problen When Takeoff" came up (but I can't find it now). It suggested, and I tried:

1. Options/Simulation/A/T Manual Override be set to "Never"
  2. Forget about the spooling up, just hit TOGA from standing

But no joy. I am stumped! I would sure appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks,

Geoff

did you check the fuel and payload settings also? outside of the FMC on the menu page?

that sounds a bit like what would happen if you were overweight or the outside air temperature was too high for the calculated thrust value. (the calculation also involves runway length.)

another thing to check is does your speed get up properly if you don't use derated thrust?

maybe check that you don't have an axis that is accidentally mapped to your brakes

cheers,-andy crosby

8 hours ago, iamgbs said:

All was well the first few times, but now at Takeoff stage ("In the Air" section of Tute), when I spool to 40%, and hit TOGA, N1 shoots up to derated 88%, but the aircraft too slowly accelerates and I crash into the unsuspecting vehicles on the road at the end of the runway at only 120(-ish) knots. (VR is 142). I have checked brakes are off etc.

I have checked and rechecked my settings in FMC as outlined in the Introduction document.

1. First item I'd check would be removing your hardware brake pedals entirely, temporarily, just to ensure they're not interacting in any way.
  2. Next I'd check your FSUIPC config to ensure it's not causing any problems. Move it out of the Modules folder temporarily to ensure that axis configurations are not causing issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks so much for taking the time to help. I went through your suggestions and fixed as necessary. No difference, so I took a new course:

By experimenting (a lot) I found that if I "Selected" a PMDG plane after another (even if it is PMDG), this problem occurs. I figured it must have something to do with A/T being retained somewhere (and maybe even some braking setting). (I looked in the aircraft.cfg files to see if I could see anything, but don't know what to look for).

Something else that was occurring was that after the systems initialization on loading, after about 30 secs sitting nicely on the rwy, the plane decided to head off on its own, ending up on 1 wheel and crashing. Again, seemed to me it may have something to do with A/T and brakes.

Ironically, if I use the PMDG 737 as my 1st flight of the session, no problems. And I think that got me off onto another line of thinking: 

Hmmm! I remembered I had saved a previous plane (Mooney) as the default, so deleted it and went back to the F22 P3D default. And that is when things seemed to go right. Still investigating, but looks like I may have created the issue(s) myself with that default. Time will tell.....

Once I confirm/reject that was the reason, or come up with other positive results, I will post to help others (might be a few days though).

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Geoff Shannon

12 hours ago, iamgbs said:

Ironically, if I use the PMDG 737 as my 1st flight of the session, no problems. And I think that got me off onto another line of thinking: 

Geoff, the Introduction document discusses this.  Put simply, you can only load one PMDG aircraft per session.  If you want to change livery you must start a new session.

Dan Downs KCRP

Than k you downscc. Sorry I did not respond before, just saw this notification. Anyway, it works fine per the intro: one PMDG aircraft per session!