Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

P3Dv4 Pause (Not Responding) Then Back

HI,

I have been having this for some time, P3D V4 will pause, go to 'not responding' then come back again.  It can be quite annoying particularly if you're on approach and it does it.  I've not managed to limit it to a single aircraft either.

The best way I can describe it, is it's as if FSUIPC is saving the flight.. the pause is for a few seconds, however FSUIPC is not set to do so and also it generates no saved flights.  So I am not sure where to start really, apologies if this is already covered.. if so please point me to the threads..

Regards

Craig Read, EGLL

Hi,

I am having the same problem not only with P3D but also with a game. Therefore I believe it is not P3D related. I personally believe the problem occurred first after latest Windows update approx. one week ago. 

Have the same, when I have in fsuipc unabled the autosave, the problem stopped...

Perhaps... I think that became when fsuipc saved through a p3d proccess in execution

Having the exact same issue, I'll try disabling game mode and see if that does anything.

49 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Have the same, when I have in fsuipc unabled the autosave, the problem stopped...

Perhaps... I think that became when fsuipc saved through a p3d proccess in execution

Yeah, it does seem to be coordinated with the auto save interval, but I can't give auto save up due to how many times it saved my skin on those long hauls.

Is it a Windows update thing or an FSUIPC thing? It gets quite annoying on approach when it paues like that.

Sorry where is 'game mode'?

l've always had this problem near large busy airports... sim freezes for about 5 seconds and the blue mouse circle cursor thingy spins... then sim resumes as if nothing occurred.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

win+g on Windows 10 machines. It does it in cruise as well, not just on approach.

Guest JustanotherPilot

+ 1 Same issue, wondering if it's anything to do with latest Nvidia driver update 388.0

I don't know what all of you are using for a controller. But on my system, the pause function ceases to work if you place the sim in cinematic mode. The pause key is reassigned to something else. When I take the sim out of cinematic mode, the pause function once again works as expected. Perhaps you're pausing the sim to take screen shots and you're altering your viewpoint using the cinematic mode. When you re-press the pause key to resume your flight, nothing will happen until cinematic mode is turned off. At least, this is how it works using an Xbox One controller.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

On 26/10/2017 at 7:46 AM, craig_read said:

HI,

I have been having this for some time, P3D V4 will pause, go to 'not responding' then come back again.  It can be quite annoying particularly if you're on approach and it does it.  I've not managed to limit it to a single aircraft either.

The best way I can describe it, is it's as if FSUIPC is saving the flight.. the pause is for a few seconds, however FSUIPC is not set to do so and also it generates no saved flights.  So I am not sure where to start really, apologies if this is already covered.. if so please point me to the threads..

Regards

Hi Craig,

You are not alone. Just why there have not been more reports about this is strange. I do not believe it has anything to do with FSUIPC Autosave as I have not enabled that feature. Nor do I believe that it is hardware related as these pauses are not random in nature and can be reproduced.

My experience, while similar, does not mirror yours exactly in that I do not see the 'Not Responding' message while in Windowed mode. Since installing v4.0  I have been experiencing a reproduceable brief pause while rolling along the runway in the Raptor. During climbout I tend to bank to the right and head directly towards Hurlburt Field (KHRT). As I approach Hurlburt the sim pauses for 4-5secs before continuing. This too is reproduceable. 

While uncommon, I have seen similar extended pauses elsewhere in the world. This happened quite a lot while I was helping to test 'Scotflight for ORBX' for Iain Gallagher. Methodical testing and reporting resulted in welcome corrections to various Scenery elements and the problem is now mostly resolved. I have to assume something similar is at play at KVPS/KHRT.

As for the rest, when they do occur I just shrug my shoulders and wait for them to pass known there is a strong likelihood there will be no further instances during the rest of a flight.

If it's happening close to a 3rd Party airport, and you can reproduce it, then I would encourage you to file a report or mention your observation on the relevant forum. Others may chime in and this might encourage some remedial action.

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

What is "cinematic mode"?

I think it has to do with ChasePlane. Or it might be the built in cinematographer mode. One of those.