Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

P3Dv4 Pause (Not Responding) Then Back

Just took off from LFPG on my return leg back home to ESSA. The taxi was quite long from gate W8 to rwy 26R and during the complete taxi I didn't experience any stuttering and everything was perfectly smooth. At the same time the Navigraph Simlink connection didn't drop one single time during the complete taxi while it dropped more times I could count when I arrived into Paris the other day as posted above.

So what did I do...I got rid of SODE all together. Started by uninstalling it via the Windows Control Panel and then I manually cleaned out any left-overs both on a file level as well as in the Registry.

This obviously means any airport relying on SODE for moving jetways etc won't work correctly but personally I don't care that much about that. I rather have a perfectly stable and well performing simulator vs having moving jetways etc at a couple of airports relying on SODE. I would even go as far as getting rid of any airports I have installed relying on SODE if I face any issues with such airports other than missing moving jetways etc.

I don't think SODE is the single culprit for everyone in this thread experiencing these kind of stuttering/pause issues but in my case the improvement after getting rid of SODE is a definite keeper and I'm now looking forward to try out some other places where I had issues as well such as in the UK region.

Richard Åsberg

On 11/29/2017 at 2:57 AM, Johnny19 said:

I should feel relieved that i am not alone in this. First i thought that i did something wrong oveclocking my cpu, or that i installed 1080ti wrong. Yesterday i had for the first time the same symptoms that you guys wrote about. Sim pauses/freezes for a few seconds. And it happened at FSDT KDFW. No pausing in cruise, and again one short freeze after landing in KIAH. (not saying that FSDT is the culprit here). System is i7 6700k @4,7 GHz (adaptive mode), GTX1080Ti OC, Win 10 (latest build), P3D 4.1, FSUIPC latest ver.

I have a i7 6700k as well and OC is at 4.2ghz. Left everything else at auto as I didn't feel the need to increase the voltage for just going up .2 ghz. I want to try 4.3ghz. What do you recommend for voltage, 1.25? 1.30? Also what is the difference between auto and adaptive mode? Aren't they one and the same? 

Eric 

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Just took off from LFPG on my return leg back home to ESSA. The taxi was quite long from gate W8 to rwy 26R and during the complete taxi I didn't experience any stuttering and everything was perfectly smooth. At the same time the Navigraph Simlink connection didn't drop one single time during the complete taxi while it dropped more times I could count when I arrived into Paris the other day as posted above.

So what did I do...I got rid of SODE all together. Started by uninstalling it via the Windows Control Panel and then I manually cleaned out any left-overs both on a file level as well as in the Registry.

This obviously means any airport relying on SODE for moving jetways etc won't work correctly but personally I don't care that much about that. I rather have a perfectly stable and well performing simulator vs having moving jetways etc at a couple of airports relying on SODE. I would even go as far as getting rid of any airports I have installed relying on SODE if I face any issues with such airports other than missing moving jetways etc.

I don't think SODE is the single culprit for everyone in this thread experiencing these kind of stuttering/pause issues but in my case the improvement after getting rid of SODE is a definite keeper and I'm now looking forward to try out some other places where I had issues as well such as in the UK region.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I am with you on that decision. Rather have a smooth approach or takeoff and default gates. Also try disable all FSDT /FB ground traffic as GSX loads them in i Think. 

I will also try uninstall any SODE.

PS. Simconnect is Sometimes overloaded as you rightfully put it. 

Navigraph and ASP4 is having a hard time sometimes. When using Vpilot on Vatsim i also tend to have some stutter from  time to time 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just a word of caution, guys. There have been a few reports of solutions found, but without any confirmation that these solutions have been confirmed and reproducible.

Richard, if you are convinced that SODE is implicated then why not try reinstalling and uninstalling it a few times and test each time. If you can reproduce the problem each and every time SODE is active then you would have a strong case for reporting the problem to the author.

SODE v1.5.3 (latest version): https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?p=1242

Regards,

Mike

Don't have that time Mike and especially not when I already found a solution that seems to work for me.

As I said in my last post I'm not saying SODE alone is to blame nor what I did will fix anyone's elses issues.

My own guess still is SODE generates huge amounts of SimConnect traffic and especially at large airports with lots of objects controlled by SODE.

If you then are using other add-ons relying on SimConnect as well it makes sense you might experience stuttering or micro pauses or even longer pauses. A saturated SimConnect pipe has been notorious for that kind of issues way back and I think that may be the case here too. At least for some of us.

I already reported this to the developer of SODE as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread IIRC.

Richard Åsberg

18 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Don't have that time Mike and especially not when I already found a solution that seems to work for me.

As I said in my last post I'm not saying SODE alone is to blame nor what I did will fix anyone's elses issues.

My own guess still is SODE generates huge amounts of SimConnect traffic and especially at large airports with lots of objects controlled by SODE.

If you then are using other add-ons relying on SimConnect as well it makes sense you might experience stuttering or micro pauses or even longer pauses. A saturated SimConnect pipe has been notorious for that kind of issues way back and I think that may be the case here too. At least for some of us.

I already reported this to the developer of SODE as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread IIRC.

Hi Richard,

I agree, your arguments do seem to be perfectly sound. However, without testing to produce verifiable results, can you be sure that SODE was indeed behind your particular issue? It may be that something else was in fact involved and now you are denying yourself those features offered by SODE. Wouldn't you feel better if you were absolutely sure about this?

Still, if you have reported the problem then fair enough and 'nough said.

Regards,

Mike

I uninstalled SODE  tonight and testet around New York tonight. Heavy snow and dawn time. Had alot of pauses up to 25seconds so no really an improvement there. 

High resolution textures is more a culprit here due to my 4gb VRAM 

But it still needs to be tested elsewhere 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

However, without testing to produce verifiable results, can you be sure that SODE was indeed behind your particular issue?

I do feel sure enough about it since I've been having this issue for quite some time flying into SODE airports and now after I got rid of SODE and without changing anything else the issue is gone.

In the end, what is most important to me isn't what is causing an issue but that I can spend as much time as possible enjoying myself flying rather than tweaking, troubleshooting and experimenting.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

the way i got rid of the pauses / p3d not responding was to fire up gpu tweak II and use the gaming booster function only, this turns off windows and other back ground processes, if you start after you load up all your addons it may close them so you will have to restart them, but no more blue circle pauses etc

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum because I came across this topic and found out that this problem has not been solved to help people having this problem with P3d V4+++.

Anyway without wasting time, for persons who has been having this problem, this is not LM issue because these guys has been trying to update P3d for better simulation.

It is Microsoft issue especially Windows 7 up till windows  10 which is the latest OS from Microsoft.

Flight simulation up till this day has undergone a lot up updates, new software from different vendors trying to make it to look realistic.

Texture is one of the main focus on most vendors (photo real Scenarios "textures")ORBX,FTX and so on.

Flight Simulation is not good with windows Prefetch and SuperFetch because of the real photo scenarios that require a lot of CPU,HDD and GPU in other to have a smooth gameplay with flight simulation.

Prefetch and SuperFetch is not good to completely disable on OS system but to tweak this follow these steps:

Go to HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory Management \ Prefetchparameters 

Change it 2 default is 3. (2 - Boot Prefetching enabled).

Also do the same in SuperFetch parameters but this time change it to 1 default is 3.

Go to HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory Management \ SuperFetchparameters

1 - Enable SuperFetch for boot files only.

Now close "Regedit" and restart P3d.

Post if your problem is solved.

Happy Flying.

Hi everyone,

Perhaps most of you are now happily flying around having found a user specific answer for these problematic pauses. If not, then you might try another possible solution.

Recently I’ve been testing stuff for a number of Developers and quickly discovered how tedious it was spending time waiting for the sim to load between numerous tests. Stripping the sim back by disabling all/most 3rd Party Addons helps enormously in this regard. It was during testing I became aware that those irritating pauses were gone!

I have now renabled everything (including SODE and FSUIPC) bar one notable exception: 3rd Party Airports/airfields including all those under the banner FTX ORBX.

I now fly selectively by enabling only those airports relevant to a particular flight and, so far, have remained pause free. Also seems to be helping eliminate most of the micro-stuttering.

I use the Lorby-SI Addon Organizer to configure what’s active - very efficient, reliable and offers the option to delete and hence rebuild your Scenery Indexes afresh at the next run of the sim.

Might be worth testing this ‘solution’ on your installations. You never know!

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

Still have that issue, no game mode, no FSUIPC auto-save,,.

it's happen whem I4m in range of an addon airport, sim freez (unresponding) I see the airport at distance hwo is black then sim unfreez and airport textures and building appear

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg