Sign in to follow this  
skyrocket1997

What is happening with FSX AES ?

Hello

Just wondering if the future of FSX AES has ceased?  I look on the Aerosoft forum and no straight answer from Oliver, I have lots of credit but cannot apply them to airports that have not been updated into AES siince Jan this year.

Welcome any thoughts.

Hi,

A lot of us are wondering the same thing.....:huh:

The last I heard there was only one developer for AES and he is completely focused on making AES P3Dv4 compatible which has meant that support for all existing customers has taken a back seat!

There was rumor of a possible Sept release but nothing came of it. Posts are going unanswered in many cases.

I bought some credits along time back and gradually used most of them (I have 4 left) but with the lack of recent updates on keeping AES up to date with various scenery releases, it seems any money spent on AES credits today is wasted. For me it is quite frustrating, as I had credits assigned to the original FB KSFO scenery. FB updated their version to HD along with their new FB Manager  and now the invested credits are worthless as the current scenery is not supported by AES.

I also suspect many simmers have found GSX to be a better, more flexible alternative.

I doubt if I will be buying anymore AES credits based on the diminishing support from Aerosoft. For me this product looks dead.:mellow:

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi,

Yes it seems this Oliver is working single handed, either greed or simply has no intention of continuing with his product, but given his alleged high workload it has been suggested on the Aerosoft forum that he obtains an assistant, but he doesn't acknowledge that.

I think it is wrong for him to continue to sell credits when in reality they will most likely not come into use due to lack of updates if any.

I would strongly recommend NOT to buy any credit unless he can actually state if he will be continuing with his updates and prove his progress.

I for one today have just purchased GSX as I cannot wait any longer for Oliver to get his act together, very dissapointing and not to mention a waste of money on unused credits.

thanks

Though I continue to have high respect for Oliver, another disappointing aspect is that AES doesn't work in FSX-SE. At least it hasn't for me - each time I've tried it following various bits of advice, it crashes my system.

The other thing where I feel he has let us down is that for years he said he was working on adding cargo operations. It never happened. So I think you guys are right - time to give up on it and move to GSX

Cheers

Ian

11 hours ago, kiwiflyer45 said:

Though I continue to have high respect for Oliver, another disappointing aspect is that AES doesn't work in FSX-SE. At least it hasn't for me - each time I've tried it following various bits of advice, it crashes my system.

The other thing where I feel he has let us down is that for years he said he was working on adding cargo operations. It never happened. So I think you guys are right - time to give up on it and move to GSX

Cheers

Ian

@Ian- I found GSX to be quite good. Functionality has continued to be added over time and works well with the PMDG aircraft I mainly fly. I think you will find it will be worth it.

Since you mentioned cargo ops, I should add it's also been spoken about at FS Dreamteam to add this functionality as well to GSX. They have been promising this for some time although to be fair they have not advertised any release date so it' s still in the works. I do look forward to this when it eventually arrives.

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

6 hours ago, aldridgem said:

@Ian- I found GSX to be quite good. Functionality has continued to be added over time and works well with the PMDG aircraft I mainly fly. I think you will find it will be worth it.

Since you mentioned cargo ops, I should add it's also been spoken about at FS Dreamteam to add this functionality as well to GSX. They have been promising this for some time although to be fair they have not advertised any release date so it' s still in the works. I do look forward to this when it eventually arrives.

Regards

Mark

Thanks Mark. I seem to recall that FSDT's newest scenery actually does have working cargo ops so perhaps they have figured out how to do it and hopefully will be able to apply it to GSX.

I have for one have lost all confidence in Oliver, I really do not undeerstand why he does not either get some help or give a direct answer as to if we can expect any update this year 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:47 PM, kiwiflyer45 said:

Thanks Mark. I seem to recall that FSDT's newest scenery actually does have working cargo ops so perhaps they have figured out how to do it and hopefully will be able to apply it to GSX.

Also didn't realize FSDT announced more GSX improvements for cargo handling ops this week with the release of GSX v2.2 which now enables cargo loading at a 3rd position.- sorry for the deviation of this thread to the original post.

22 hours ago, Skybus2000 said:

I have for one have lost all confidence in Oliver, I really do not undeerstand why he does not either get some help or give a direct answer as to if we can expect any update this year 

Agreed.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Such a shame and not to mention a waste of credit, it's wrong of simmarket to continue to sell his credits for a product that is obselete for FSX