Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

QW 787 in P3D V3 using Estonia Migration Tool

Since QW aren't developing a 787 for P3d could we possibly use the Estonia Migration tool to get it working in P3D v3. Someone tried that with the CS 767 and it worked quite well, here is a link to his video:

Part 1:

It functions fully and there is no issue/ bug from what I can see.

Here is one from the CS forums explaining how their aircraft can run in P3D v3:

There are two ways to get Captain Sim aircraft to work in P3D.

1. Copy EVERYTHING related to the CS aircraft into its same location in P3D (i.e. FSX\Captain_Sim\XXX to P3D\Captain_Sim\XXX). Then you need to copy the Captain Sim entry in the DLL.xml for FSX, and paste it into the DLL.xml for P3D. You need to know what you are doing to accomplish it all.

2. Buy the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool and trick the Captain Sim aircraft into thinking they are being installed into FSX, when in fact they get installed into P3D. I have it (for months), but haven't used it yet. I believe Ahmet (Asanal) uses this all the time, so he can fill you in on the workings of it.

I use method #1, but I know what I'm doing (which explains why the Migration Tool just sits there without being used).

All of my Captain Sim products (except the L-1011-1 Exterior Model) work fine in P3D. The L-1011 doesn't work (YET), because P3D doesn't have the default FSX A321! I will either copy and paste it into P3d, or try getting the panel (and VC) to look in the FSX location, rather than having to move it all over.

Thanks, Bill Khaled

12 minutes ago, Nesttor77 said:

QW is working indeed in a P3D version of his 787. You just have to wait a little longer. 

I mean for v3.4 they are only doing v4

Lots of people have beat you to it and it doesn't work. The model and textures load perfectly just the gauges are back and cause a CTD when they try to initialize. The EMT generally doesn't work for complex aircraft such as the QW 787 so unless someone can recompile the gauges for v3, no such luck. Wait, I might be thinking of v4...anyhow, it is NOT reccomend to run it in P3D at this time and even if you do manage to Frankenstein it into working, no support will be given in the inevitable case that you do run into an issue.

Developers (esp Flight1) have tailored their addons to a specific simconnect version and as P3D3 has a later version than the FSXs I would wager a guess the effort would not succeed. Plus I'm pretty sure that nasty EULA language might come into play.

Aside from EULA issues etc, if it was really as simple as using a migration tool to get a suitably working P3D version which has no issues, the developers would surely not be going to the trouble of working on creating a P3D version.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My opinion is that the migration tool is simply a virus.  It can do great damage to your registry will not clean up what it has done when removed.  I would not allow it near my workstation.

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree. Also I have spent too many hours correcting systems that have been trashed by the tool.

This thread will go nowhere so it's done.

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors