Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Review & comparison of Barcelona payware sceneries

Hi,

Does anyone have any info or experience to share on the Barcelona sceneries from Justsim and Simwings?

Simwings just released their updated Professional/Evolution series for Barcelona earlier this month and was wondering how this scenery compares in terms of details and performance between the two developers.

Tried looking for reviews of the Simwings version on the web but did not find much yet and no comparisons.

Comments/feedback?

thx

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Don't have their Barcelona but have their GLCA and LEPA and they both are fine to me.The runway texturing at LEPA may leave a little to be desired.

EDIT: Silly me, forgot to mention it was Simwings I was referring to.

There is also excellent scenery for Barcelona by Latin VFR which I can recommend. I purchased this a few months ago to replace my original Aerosoft Mega Airport Barcelona which I have had since 2010 and which had not been updated with the new terminal, etc at the time the Latin VFR version was released. Although the Latin VFR scenery is excellent with good frame rates, my only comment is that the VAS usage was a little on the heavy side although I understand this has been addressed in an update by Latin VFR which I have not yet installed.

Bill

Though I can't answer the question as I only have the Aerosoft version, I thought it worth mentioning that a nice addition to Barcelona is the city scenery that's available on SimMarket - I'm not on my FS computer so can't look up the developer but I think it's something like "PRealsoft" or something like that! :blink: It integrates very nicely with the Aerosoft version and I'm sure it would with any other one as well. Really adds a lot to the experience of flying into there

Have Latin VFR version is well done and I'm happy with. The town and port is wel in approach.

Previously I haved the aerosoft version but the upgrade price was to hight for v4, because I'm happy with Latin VFR version, I don't want to pay again for a twin version in v4.

Here a review of this version

https://fselite.net/reviews/latinvfr-barcelona-lebl-fselite-review/

I'm loving the Latin VFR version on P3Dv4!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 hour ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I'm loving the Latin VFR version on P3Dv4!

As well as the airport, the included Barcelona city and port scenery certainly add to the sense of immersion when using this product.

Bill

Bill, I agree.  I purchased it from PCA this week and very pleased. Based on USD it was much cheaper than Simmarket.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2 hours ago, scianoir said:

As well as the airport, the included Barcelona city and port scenery certainly add to the sense of immersion when using this product.

Bill

Indeed!  The city looks great!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

OK guys,

Thx for the feedback and the links. Let me also explore the Latin VFR version. I hadn't realized they had one out so time to investigate.

Cheers

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

4 hours ago, ctiger said:

Bill, I agree.  I purchased it from PCA this week and very pleased. Based on USD it was much cheaper than Simmarket.

I've just noticed it's actually available at sale price with various vendors until the end of this month.

Bill