Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 gives me out of memory

2 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Joe thank you for trying to help, i think is a lost cause for me, but im going to anwser you.

"Have you removed any OC, remove HT, deleted your CFG and let the sim rebuild it? (in that order)"

Yes, CPU OC no CPU OC, same for GPU, HT on HT off and a bunch of different AM's, CFG... yes, so may times!

"How long ago did these problems began? At what point?"

I had problems since V4, installed v4.1 hoping to solve the problems, BTW i had a smooth experience in V3.

"Are you still having loading problems and/ or just OOM erros?"

Loading problems yes, a lot!!! OOM erros no, had with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 tweak, but since i putted the pagefile on C drive OOM stopped.

"Are you seeing these issues with a a particular airport and a/c, or at any and every location you fly, with any a/c?"

Problems in every place i fly with any AC, the loading problem occurs in every place, the stutters are more frequent in heavy airports/cities.

"And lastly, what happens when you lower all of your P3D settings to around 50%?"

I have slow auto gen loading out of the box, with a clean P3D installation, no changes what so ever, bum loading problems, is a problem with the P3D engine? has to be!!

Ok, I'm not an expert; however, I sincerely hope this helps... You indicated P3Dv3 works smooth, which this tells me this is not a hardware issue, but software related. In this case-if this were me-, I would:

(A) Do a complete uninstall of P3D and all addons

(B) Install Ccleaner, backup the registry, then run a clean and a repair registry.

(C) Install a full version of P3Dv4.1.. Do not make any tweaks to your CFG-none!!! (No need to remove HT, nor OC)

(D) Install only 2 scenery and 2 a/c add-on. Make sure each add-on is from diferent developers. Do not install anything else- absolutely nothing else.

(E) On the sim adjust settings to reflect 60% of level. Go Fly at a default scenery with any default a/c. Note performance. Then fly using the addons, note performance.  Notice, any isues ? If all works fine then,  install your addons 1 by 1 and test BEFORE installing the next one. 

(F) The Extreme: The above did not help? I would uninstall everything, format your drive,  install a new copy of Windows 10, and do steps A--E .

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I have slow auto gen loading out of the box, with a clean P3D installation, no changes what so ever, bum loading problems, is a problem with the P3D engine? has to be!!

Sorry about the frustration but this statement cant be right or we would all be complaining and that is not the case by far.

If as you describe, you have slow loading with a bog standard v4 and no adjustment to any files, all sliders to the left and starting with a default aircraft clearly and obviously by deduction something else is interfering with v4 - either soft or hard -ware.
I suggest you run process lasso and see what else is running on your pc. You can download a trial version if you dont have it which gives almost full functionality with only a start up nag. Stop all the unnecessary services you might have running under your user name - that would be my starting point, also run it to a standard monitor to make sure the Vive isn't having a mismatch somewhere and causing a halt or the slowdown to proceedings. Lasso will help identify core conflicts thru the load chart and usage graphs it can be quite informative as well as allowing you to set the permanent core allocation to parts of the system to help load balancing very important to take everything not needed you can off core 1 to leave it to just v4.

Flight simmers have to be patient sometimes and investigative all the time to get the best results they can for their particular setup. Every install is unique in my experience, I have built 4 for family and friends as well as my own. Each one has taken me over 3 days of tweaking after startup and playing with settings as they have all been with different cpus and gpus.

Flight simming certainly taught me to have my favourite Irish whisky handy whenever I restart the journey.

• Upvote 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

@dmarques69

Looking at your signature my rig is basically the exact same setup as yours and I have far less of these issues as you.  My tips/settings noted below can be found in many posts, but I figured maybe they can help you out as well.    

For me,  the first major break through came once I rolled back to an older NVidia driver with the 1080Ti.  I'm using the 382.33 driver but many have said 376.33 is the golden ticket.  Either way,  stay away from "latest and greatest" driver updates and go with what works.  Remember to perform a "clean" installation.

Next,  monitor resolution.  Currently I'm using a 60Hz TV/Monitor which I've setup to run at 30Hz through a small free app called HRC.  https://funk.eu/hrc/  You don't really need the app but it allows for a hot key setup and switching is really simple with the tool.  Using 30Hz resolution allows for you to run "Unlimited" frames with VSYNC and TB set to "ON".  As long as you can sustain 30fps or more while flying,  you will hold a steady 30FPS rate without using any of those frame limiters.   

All of my in sim settings are pretty normal without any prepar3d.cfg mods either.  

Good Luck.

• Upvote 1

P3d v3 smooth, but v4 not. Reinstall of v4 does nothing. So I'd focus on configuration thst survives an uninstall or things in v4 that use system resources differently than v3.

Ideas: delete shader folder and let v4 rebuild them; delete prepar3d.cfg; check dll.xml,  etc.; roll back your nvidia driver; any add-ons that have 32 bit exe dll or gau files? Turn on p3d logging and check log errors. 

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Guys, thank you very much for trying to help me, all the things sugested i did already, clean install, process lasso, etc... the only 2 things that are missing are the "F" from Joe, a complete format of the system, and the revert driver from Tony, all the other already passed my non endless tweaking simmer P3D v4 live :P

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I am using TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, at EDDM T2G, with high settings, ORBX, Germany South, AS16+ASCA, Envtex, PTA 2.60 I am using 10.3GB of VRAM, 0.7GB free... so no more OOMs due to 32 bit but we will soon run out of VRAM if the developers will push it more with the addons and we still want to use this settings.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

11 minutes ago, Vali said:

I am using TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, at EDDM T2G, with high settings, ORBX, Germany South, AS16+ASCA, Envtex, PTA 2.60 I am using 10.3GB of VRAM, 0.7GB free... so no more OOMs due to 32 bit but we will soon run out of VRAM if the developers will push it more with the addons and we still want to use this settings.

And should you run out of VRAM maybe you could consider decreasing the TSE one notch.

Looking at this comparison I posted on page 1 in this thread I can't say I see much of a difference to be honest. Personally I'm using whatever is default in P3Dv4.1 with no tweaks added manually and I think everything looks great!

Richard Åsberg

So i decide to make a flight even with stutters and slow loadings... lets not look down and pretend that stutters are real strong guts that are blowing all over my plane, so i lanched simstarter NG loaded my cold and dark Do 228 made a flight plan over the pirineus LEBB-LESU and used my IFR profile, that basicly as the sliders a little less demanding and the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP at 9, and to my big surprise i made the whole flight without a single stutter and no slow loadings!??? :mellow: what da hell, this simulator is really a mystery for me!! what changed in my system?? i made so many things...last ones that i recall was using ccleaner one more time, reinstall the last GPU drivers and reinstalling X-Plane11, maybe was this last one :blink:

Well, to celebrate this rare event for me, i made some pictures of the flight, that was beatifuuuuullll in every way. Thank you all that tried to help me one more time...

Yqc77OJ.jpg

FnGvq75.jpg

tLQA4VL.jpgBLM5rXF.jpgfEde9vl.jpgHiuZyew.jpg

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

32 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

So i decide to make a flight even with stutters and slow loadings... lets not look down and pretend that stutters are real strong guts that are blowing all over my plane, so i lanched simstarter NG loaded my cold and dark Do 228 made a flight plan over the pirineus LEBB-LESU and used my IFR profile, that basicly as the sliders a little less demanding and the TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP at 9, and to my big surprise i made the whole flight without a single stutter and no slow loadings!??? :mellow: what da hell, this simulator is really a mystery for me!! what changed in my system?? i made so many things...last ones that i recall was using ccleaner one more time, reinstall the last GPU drivers and reinstalling X-Plane11, maybe was this last one :blink:

Well, to celebrate this rare event for me, i made some pictures of the flight, that was beatifuuuuullll in every way. Thank you all that tried to help me one more time...

Yqc77OJ.jpg

FnGvq75.jpg

tLQA4VL.jpgBLM5rXF.jpgfEde9vl.jpgHiuZyew.jpg

Good deal; beautiful shots. Perhaps "TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP at 9" made the difference. 

3 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Good deal; beautiful shots. Perhaps "TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP at 9" made the difference. 

It could be mate, but i had the problems even without tweaks. Thanks ;)

Marques

3 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

It could be mate, but i had the problems even without tweaks. Thanks ;)

Yep, strange stuf; but,  I hope it keeps running well. 

I said earlier that patience is a prerequisite and it has paid off for you with a great flight. It should remain a smooth sim as long as you only add 1 thing at a time and test it to know whether it just screwed up a smooth running sim.

The confidence builder is there now that you know you can have a smooth running sim and your hardware and software is delivering.

Some nice shots there.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server