Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I have most of their products, including San Diego. But since I have ORBX SoCal, I decided to try ORBX San Diego, and I like it too.  Regardless, I'm happy to hear this is a first in a series for LatinVFR.  They have a lot of good airports from FSX, especialy in the Americas that are going to look great redesigned for P3Dv4!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hi Folks,

Big fan of LVFR - I've probably used Key West more than any other airport I own - see you at Sloppy Joes when they port it to v4...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Just took a closer look, pretty good, I've never bought any  LatinVFR Airports before but that may change soon.  :happy:

25 minutes ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I have most of their products, including San Diego. But since I have ORBX SoCal, I decided to try ORBX San Diego, and I like it too.  Regardless, I'm happy to hear this is a first in a series for LatinVFR.  They have a lot of good airports from FSX, especialy in the Americas that are going to look great redesigned for P3Dv4!

I have the earlier version of LatinVFR KSAN but went for the much better Orbx KSAN (their airports are right up there with Flightbeam).  Now, how does the newer LatinVFR compare with Orbx?  Nice thing about an Orbx airport is that is fits perfectly in the Orbx region.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the previous version, which was not jump for joy awesome, but OK.

CTRL-J (IK) jetways instead of the more versatile SODE fare is a little underwhelming for a P3Dv4 release, though.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Does Orbx’s KSAN have SODE jetways? Their site just says they’re animated. 

I updated to this version.  It is very good in my opinion.  Much improved over the older version.  I found one building that floated above the foundation but it is hardly noticeable.  Lots of vehicles in the parking lots.  I also have the ORBX version of SAN but I have not loaded it until it is released for V4.  I'm not sure I will go back to the ORBX version.  This one is very well done in my opinion.  

6 minutes ago, kenthom said:

I updated to this version.  It is very good in my opinion.  Much improved over the older version.  I found one building that floated above the foundation but it is hardly noticeable.  Lots of vehicles in the parking lots.  I also have the ORBX version of SAN but I have not loaded it until it is released for V4.  I'm not sure I will go back to the ORBX version.  This one is very well done in my opinion.  

When ORBX first released their San Diego KSAN, there were many comparison between their product and LatinVFR, and also a very detail video. In my opinion, LatinVFR one was better overall (just the airport)
Not sure if ORBX has updated KSAN since then, but I'm curious of buying the newer version of LatinVFR or get the ORBX.

If you and others can have a better detail comparison it would be great! 
Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Does Orbx’s KSAN have SODE jetways? Their site just says they’re animated. 

I'm fairly sure that it does not use SODE.

6 minutes ago, Hoang said:

When ORBX first released their San Diego KSAN, there were many comparison between their product and LatinVFR, and also a very detail video. In my opinion, LatinVFR one was better overall (just the airport)

I'll take your word for it, but most of the online reviews at the time said just the opposite. Here's Jordan King's review from March, 2017 comparing LVFR V1 and ORBX KSAN, for example:

But given that the LFVR version was 3 years old at the time of the review, an updated version could be a lot better. I own a bunch of LVFR airports and they are top notch. But ORBX KSAN is also an excellent product.

3 hours ago, downscc said:

I have the earlier version of LatinVFR KSAN but went for the much better Orbx KSAN (their airports are right up there with Flightbeam).  Now, how does the newer LatinVFR compare with Orbx?  Nice thing about an Orbx airport is that is fits perfectly in the Orbx region.

Not sure where you get the "much better" from... I've seen some side-by-side video reviews of the two and the conclusion was that it was definitely *not* better... (worse at some things, better at others), and there was no clear winner. 

Will have to see what this v2 improves. 

Well, this orbs versus lvfr "which is better" is a bit pointless until someone actually tries this new airport! 😊

Anyone tested this? I like the idea of native v4 scenery, I'll be interested to see how performance, including dynamic lighting, goes.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

28 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, this orbs versus lvfr "which is better" is a bit pointless until someone actually tries this new airport! 😊

Anyone tested this? I like the idea of native v4 scenery, I'll be interested to see how performance, including dynamic lighting, goes.

I'm thinking the Dynamic Lighting performance will depend a lot on what a/c you have at the airport. 

7 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I'm thinking the Dynamic Lighting performance will depend a lot on what a/c you have at the airport. 

From testing so far - see the dynamic lighting thread - it's more of a problem when lots of airport lights are visible at once. At ESSA, no impact in PMDG from cockpit view, but in external view, once lots of lights were visible at certain angles, 1080ti hit 100% and the frame rates dropped.

also, with regards to aircraft lights it's important what the light is shining on - I would hope that a v4 Sdk airport would play well with aircraft dynamic lights. We will see!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I just tried the new version and I still see they have the issue with the tires still sinking slightly in the ground on the taxiways.  This is the same problem with the older version. It only happens at the end of Rwy 27 and taxiways. In there forums they said they would address this on there next release.

https://prntscr.com/h2h7lh

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro