Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

-- I have the ORBX KSAN, and though the airport itself is pretty, all of the surrounding's photo-scenery is simply awful- looks very "amateurish." 

--- So, is this this new one  (LaqtinVFR) when it comes to the airport surroundings.. how far out did  they extend the scenery, and does it looks good (or great or poor), or is it also a poor quality photo-scenery?  

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Big fan of LVFR - I've probably used Key West more than any other airport I own - see you at Sloppy Joes when they port it to v4...

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott -- version 2 of KEYW works fine with P3D v4. I fly in all the time :)

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

2 minutes ago, joemiller said:

-- I have the ORBX KSAN, and though the airport itself is pretty, all of the surrounding's photo-scenery is simply awful- looks very "amateurish." 

--- So, is this this new one  (LaqtinVFR) when it comes to the airport surroundings.. how far out did  they extend the scenery, and does it looks good (or great or poor), or is it also a poor quality photo-scenery?  

Here is what their press release says:

• Photo scenery and autogen, covering 30 square Miles
  • Detailed city (downtown) and major landmarks.
  • Approach path for runway 27 extremely detailed and done with a customized 3D mesh (5 meters)
  • Extremely detailed customized 5 Meters mesh.

Will be purchasing next week.

• Upvote 2

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I have been unable to get the jetway to work with Ctl-J.   Tried moving the plane around a bit since the TFDI did not line up correctly.  Nothing worked.  Visually I really like it.

1 hour ago, pgde said:

Here is what their press release says:

• Photo scenery and autogen, covering 30 square Miles
  • Detailed city (downtown) and major landmarks.
  • Approach path for runway 27 extremely detailed and done with a customized 3D mesh (5 meters)
  • Extremely detailed customized 5 Meters mesh.

Will be purchasing next week.

Hmmmm, Interesting!

Upgrade price is right at $10, will probably pick it up.  I had bought the ORBX version in their last sale, and it looked nice, but I kept getting crashes in v4.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

51 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Hmmmm, Interesting!

On their forum, their representative said they were aware of what their competitor covers in their release and wanted to be competitive so they expanded their coverage area. :)

I got the upgrade for $10 since I had the older version.  From what I have been able to see so far it looks really good.  I do notice the issue with the wheels being slightly sunk into the ground but I cannot recall if I had that issue on the previous version.  Now for the bad news, I have had a CTD on every one of my 5 attempts at checking out the airport.  This was with the default F22 and I have not had a single CTD in P3D 4.1 up until now.  It seems related to the new scenery at least on my system.  I may uninstall and test the default airport to make sure....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I just flew into KSAN at night and I’m not sure if it’s the KSAN surrounding area but the photo real scenery lights don’t match very well with the airport or regular area lights. Is anyone else seeing what appears to be very vivid ground lights?

If you look at my photo you can see where the orbx lights are compared to KSAN scenery.

http://prntscr.com/h2jfbf

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Additional Finding. I discovered there is a configuration tool that lets you disable certain functions. I turned off the "City and sorrounding photo scenery" and it helped some but not enough. 

http://prntscr.com/h2jgz6

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

11 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I just flew into KSAN at night and I’m not sure if it’s the KSAN surrounding area but the photo real scenery lights don’t match very well with the airport or regular area lights. Is anyone else seeing what appears to be very vivid ground lights?

If you look at my photo you can see where the orbx lights are compared to KSAN scenery.

http://prntscr.com/h2jfbf

The photoreal texturing they use for the immediate surroundings looks very good during the day but not so good at night as it will not blend at all with ORBX lighting so it makes the area of the airport stand out in an odd way. I'm not a big fan of the technique of using surrounding photoreal for just this reason. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Additional Finding. I discovered there is a configuration tool that lets you disable certain functions. I turned off the "City and sorrounding photo scenery" and it helped some but not enough. 

http://prntscr.com/h2jgz6

I did not find the configuration tool made much difference. You can actually go into the scenery folder of the airport and add '.off' to the end of the photo scenery files and it will deactivate them.  It seems the configurator actually does this to several of the files but not all of them.  

• Upvote 1

Eric

6 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I did not find the configuration tool made any difference. You can actually go into the scenery folder of the airport and add '.off' to the end of the photo scenery files and it will deactivate them. They are generally the largest files so you can sort large to small and they will all be at the top of the list.  You will then have your FTX Global textures back for those areas.

Good call Eric. I went and checked and the Configuration tool for some reason does not turn off the last 2 remaining photo.bgls. I renamed them manually to .off and everything looks good again. Thanks for the tip. 

http://prntscr.com/h2jlh5

http://prntscr.com/h2jm1z

Dan

12 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Good call Eric. I went and checked and the Configuration tool for some reason does not turn off the last 2 remaining photo.bgls. I renamed them manually to .off and everything looks good again. Thanks for the tip. 

http://prntscr.com/h2jlh5

http://prntscr.com/h2jm1z

Thank you for this.  It will be helpful.  $10.00 for the upgrade is reasonable and it will be great to have KSAN again.  I also have the ORBX version but it regularly crashes the sim in v4.

Dan Scott