Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

21 hours ago, downscc said:

I have the earlier version of LatinVFR KSAN but went for the much better Orbx KSAN (their airports are right up there with Flightbeam).  Now, how does the newer LatinVFR compare with Orbx?  Nice thing about an Orbx airport is that is fits perfectly in the Orbx region.

Among their newest products, I have LEBL, KRSW, KRDU, KMIAv3.  They look great and perform very well in my opinion.  I've never been disappointed by them.  I live ORBX for the same reason you mentioned.  The airports I always buy are usually ORBX, FlightBeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, and LatinVFR.  And having competition in a case like San Diego is actually god for business since it motivates continuous product improvement.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

14 hours ago, regis9 said:

Upgrade price is right at $10, will probably pick it up.  I had bought the ORBX version in their last sale, and it looked nice, but I kept getting crashes in v4.

Did Orbx ever fix that? Mine says its Up to Date but I got crashes every time withing 15nm of the field. Very annoying and directly related to that scenery (Orbx).

17 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

It's only $10 for owners of KSAN v1.

Yep, just got it via pcaviators.

Hello all, thank you for your comments, as to the small issues reported, such as the ground sinking it is being addressed as we speak, and the photo scenery de-activation also. As with any other issue that might arise...we believe in fast and prompt support.

As to the $10 upgrade fee, it is also because we have made this a new version... hope you all enjoy and as always contact us for any issues.

Ricardo

LatinVFR

• Upvote 2

Thanks Ricardo, to me the $10 upgrade fee is very reasonable and I appreciate it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 bucks to upgrade? This is a for sure buy, LatinVFR is good stuff. I only wish they had Sode gates.

Eric 

9 hours ago, Angelo Cosma said:

Did Orbx ever fix that? Mine says its Up to Date but I got crashes every time withing 15nm of the field. Very annoying and directly related to that scenery (Orbx).

I don't think so, I don't recall seeing an update.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 10/26/2017 at 0:38 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm fairly sure that it does not use SODE.

I'll take your word for it, but most of the online reviews at the time said just the opposite. Here's Jordan King's review from March, 2017 comparing LVFR V1 and ORBX KSAN, for example:

But given that the LFVR version was 3 years old at the time of the review, an updated version could be a lot better. I own a bunch of LVFR airports and they are top notch. But ORBX KSAN is also an excellent product.

Jordan King is not a non partial reviewer, he gives good marks to the people that give him the most free stuff

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hello all, thank you for your comments, as to the small issues reported, such as the ground sinking it is being addressed as we speak, and the photo scenery de-activation also. As with any other issue that might arise...we believe in fast and prompt support.

As to the $10 upgrade fee, it is also because we have made this a new version... hope you all enjoy and as always contact us for any issues.

Ricardo

LatinVFR

Can you update the scenery for more compatibility and blending with Orbx socal for day and night?

@ Ricardo:

You nailed it! The RNWY 27 approach is spot on beautiful.

Thanks for the V2 update,

Ken

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Jordan King is not a non partial reviewer, he gives good marks to the people that give him the most free stuff

And who, in your opinion is an impartial reviewer? Personally, I ignore all of them and rely only on full-featured time-limited demos. If none is available, then I rely on the reputation of the developer. I only posted that video to counter what the previous poster said about online reviews of LVFR's version of KSAN.

Having used Orbx's KSAN a bit and compared it to MisterX's free San Diego in xplane i must say Orbx rendition is very average.

Poor rendition of the ships particularly the docked carrier and the rest of thecboats left me clearly preferring the Freeware xplane version.

Looking at the photos of the new mesh and the revamped detail in the LVFR version im off to buy it now.

Orbx has a huge load of followers and they do so,e staggeringly great airports.

However of there big ones the only one i like is LOWI. Brisbane is a huge performance hog, Ksan the airport is nice but the surrounds are to my eye lacking and combined with Socal it has significant performance issues.

I could go on about the cumulative performance loss that has lead me to drop all the regions except those i use for light aircraft flying PNW, AK etc.

I love there smaller airports which are simply incredible but ill be going LVFR for KSAN.

Darren Howie

LatinVFR is one of my favorite developers. Their airports shine in P3d v4.

I'm looking forward to future updates of their Caribbean sceneries.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is anyone using FSCommander with the new KSANv2? For some reason my database manager is not picking up the taxiways, runways or the ILS. It does show all the parking spots. I do have the Photoreal turned off in the configuration tool but I don’t think this information is contained in them.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro