Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Two New Tools Available For Flight Sim World

Sure would like a map like we had in MS Flight. Very easy to navigate. Seems like a step back

• Upvote 3

Does the map run on a network PC?

12 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Have you actually got this for FSW?

I downloaded their trial version:

Get a free 14 days trial version of FS-FlightControl with unrestricted features and try our product before you buy. Download Now!

Compatible With

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and 4.x

Microsoft Flight Simulator X including Steam Edition

Dovetail Flight Sim World (Update 12)

X-Plane 10/11 support (in Public Beta)

All functions do not work for FSW so far. But I recommend this (old) review for a better overview:

https://medium.com/outpost2/fs-flightcontrol-fsws-best-friend-6a873f6990bc

This is amazing. The slew function is already included in the Flight Sim engine. And now users have to pay to access it? On top of that, it apparently requires an always-on internet connection. 

I don't have the two new tools, but the full version of FS-FligthControl instead, working well with Prepar3d, X-Plane, and  FSW for several months now.  While all three sims come with a more or less advanced moving map one of the main advantages in my mind is the unified interface I have for all three sims at my disposal (and can keep the same color settings etc.). The full version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKzvWtK-nE

sports quite a number of useful features like working in a networked configuration (which I use), Bing-based maps (for street view and terrain), weather themes and real weather and - yes - a well-done flight-planner, which as far as I see are not part of the Steam modules.

From my personal point of view I would buy (and try before doing so) the full version because of these features. The Moving Map standalone module may be useful as well (but consider the limitations) while I am not so sure I would buy the View/Slew module.

One feature I "love" about FS-FlightConnet is its stability. I know and have been using some of the competiting products, partially even for free, but some of them are a bit flaky indeed.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

This is amazing. The slew function is already included in the Flight Sim engine. And now users have to pay to access it? ....

No they don't.  Pressing 'Y' works in FSW without any paid addon.

20 hours ago, albx said:

we have to pay to have a moving map or a view?? are the landing gears and flaps still free or we will have to pay for this also? you DTG killed this sim some time ago.... good job....

These add on are available, nobody said they were compulsory, if you want an enhanced map or enhanced view features, go for it, if not, there is that basic functionality in the sim. It's really no different from in other sims where you can buy EXDOK, Chaseplane etc if you like.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 hours ago, Air1 said:

Sure would like a map like we had in MS Flight. Very easy to navigate. Seems like a step back

Really??? MS Flight is no longer in production. That seems like an even bigger step back, a stumble and then a fall.

Like most here, I own several flight sims. For me to make P3D enjoyable, I had to spend $400+ on addons, but I like the end result.

So if DTG (along with other 3rd party DEVS) can offer more DLC to make the journey that much more enjoyable, then I am all for it.

I find it odd that folk can spend more $$$ to buy addons for P3D and X-plane, but then complain that DTG has DLC.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

I find it odd that folk can spend more $$$ to buy addons for P3D and X-plane, but then complain that DTG has DLC.

I think the new add-ons good for people that are newer to flight sim.  Honestly, it's a feature you'd really expect in a new flight sim...the ability to have multiple cameras and be able to manipulate them...also, to be able to visually pick a parking spot.  If FSW is wanting to get a lot of P3D people to switch over then they should think about just integrating it. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

5 hours ago, Chapstick said:

This is amazing. The slew function is already included in the Flight Sim engine. And now users have to pay to access it? On top of that, it apparently requires an always-on internet connection. 

This "Slew" is more like EZDock because it allows one to set up custom camera positions as well as slewing to defined positions.

As mentioned above, FSW has the same native slew (Y key) as FSX and Prepar3D. This goes beyond the default behavior.

No always-on internet connection is not required unless you want to access the on-line "Help"

A detailed manual is also included and can be accessed via the ‘?’ within the tool. Please note you will need to be connected to the internet to access this feature.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I think the new add-ons good for people that are newer to flight sim.  Honestly, it's a feature you'd really expect in a new flight sim...the ability to have multiple cameras and be able to manipulate them...also, to be able to visually pick a parking spot.  If FSW is wanting to get a lot of P3D people to switch over then they should think about just integrating it. 

I think you have a valid point.

But at what point does DTG get to decide what is baked in and what is not? For instance, orbx global in already baked in.

Right now, there are several 3rd party camera products for the P3D/XP, so to offer it as a separate product "might" seem more consistent with what the other vendors are doing.

I think that FSW is bringing a lot to the table (out of the box). But of course, we will have different opinions regarding what should standard and what should be an addon.

5 hours ago, pmb said:

I don't have the two new tools, but the full version of FS-FligthControl instead, working well with Prepar3d, X-Plane, and  FSW for several months now.

So essentially they've unbundled the full version which can be bought for about £55 and supports multiple sims and are flogging these two bits for £25 which are presumably locked to FSW?

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

I think you have a valid point.

But at what point does DTG get to decide what is baked in and what is not? For instance, orbx global in already baked in.

Right now, there are several 3rd party camera products for the P3D/XP, so to offer it as a separate product "might" seem more consistent with what the other vendors are doing.

I think that FSW is bringing a lot to the table (out of the box). But of course, we will have different opinions regarding what should standard and what should be an addon.

Those two are 3rd party add-ons. DTG can't give them for free, it's out of their control.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

This is the part that is befuddling. It makes no sense at all to complain about DTG having addons, especially since right off the bat people were screaming that addon developers wouldn't participate in FSW. Put addons into the store? "DTG is bad." Don't have addons? Well then "FSW is doomed to fail." 

If DTG keeps up its pace and more developers join in (despite the whining from the community), I don't see what advantages are for P3D. X-Plane may have a lot of freeware, but it's a pain to look through forums and worry about libraries. And after eons of competition with FSX, they still don't have seasons!