Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone else get the chills and eargasm when starting up the 777 engines?

This has got to be one of my favorite parts during my flight preparation. Starting and hearing those monstrous GE-90 engines spool up sounds so beastly and amazing. Especially when you have a nice audio system hooked up to your PC. Wow. I can't explain how good it feels and the chills I get everytime I startup the engines on the 777. Only thing thats missing is the ambient airport sounds, which will make it come to life even more. I really wish there was a good ambient airport sound pack for AI planes and airport surrounding areas. I know there are a few out there but none of them come close to representing the sounds you would get as if you were actually outside at the airport. I want to here those low frequency rumbles when the planes go past you while taking off... the doppler effect, etc. I want to hear and feel that with the AI planes as well.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I see the 777-300ER two to five times a week at Munich Airport. And boy does it sound good. 

In the sim I added the BBS soundpack to the PMDG 777 - worth it :-)

Stefan lucky you! I would love to hear those beasts up close and personal!

I am using TSS Soundpack, how do the BBS ones compare? Which one is better?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This has got to be one of my favorite parts during my flight preparation. Starting and hearing those monstrous GE-90 engines spool up sounds so beastly and amazing. Especially when you have a nice audio system hooked up to your PC. Wow. I can't explain how good it feels and the chills I get everytime I startup the engines on the 777. Only thing thats missing is the ambient airport sounds, which will make it come to life even more. I really wish there was a good ambient airport sound pack for AI planes and airport surrounding areas. I know there are a few out there but none of them come close to representing the sounds you would get as if you were actually outside at the airport. I want to here those low frequency rumbles when the planes go past you while taking off... the doppler effect, etc. I want to hear and feel that with the AI planes as well.

I was thinking.. What if you could take your PC to an airport and sit right next tot the fence, and fly that boger, and listen to the sounds, and smell the jet-fuel.  (alright, I'm being goofy) 

But, I understand your feeling... feels great when you love this hobby this much that you can have an eargasm- unbeatable! 

Yes, all the time. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

I see the 777-300ER two to five times a week at Munich Airport. And boy does it sound good. 

I bet you see lots of heavies there now..  Didn't lufty move a load there in protest at Ryanair being allowed into Frankfurt Eddf on the cheap?!  I bet the scheduling programme manager af lufty dropped a left bollock when that happened.

I was in work the day Ryanair announced it,  laughed my head off thinking of how the German national carrier got played Like that 

14ppkc-6.png

Any further opinion on whether the addon sound sets are worth it in v4/with PMDG?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Keep in mind that the addon sounds are created to have impact rather than fidelity.  Kinda like the Hollywood version of the real thing.  The PMDG sounds are the real sounds recorded by an audio engineer and labored over for many hours to achieve realism. It's entirely up to ones preference, some like emphasized bass and others not so much.  My computer speaker set is the Klipsch THX certified 2.1 product and it is pretty cool the way the subwoofer can vibrate my chair.  The QOTSII sounds pretty knarly too!

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, swiesma said:

Where did you get this? I only see one for the Airbus A320 on their official site.

Listening to the triple 7 is amazing, favourite plane by far haha. Now if only I could fly the real thing :laugh:

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

18 hours ago, captain420 said:

Only thing thats missing is the ambient airport sounds, which will make it come to life even more. I really wish there was a good ambient airport sound pack for AI planes and airport surrounding areas. I know there are a few out there but none of them come close to representing the sounds you would get as if you were actually outside at the airport.

I completely agree!  In XP11 we have an addon called XPRealistic Pro that adds fantastic airport ambience sounds - it transforms the feeling of being at the airport.   I would absolutely love something like this for FSX/P3D.   Orbx have done a little of this at their small airflields but we need something more dedicated that works at all airports (different ambience sounds for the size of the airport of course).

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Eargasm. I think this has to be the best word ever.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

My first ever 777 flight was on a -300ER, and I was sitting right next to the RH engine. I was expecting to hear the 'moo', which I was familiar with from planespotting and of course the PMDG 777, but I wasn't prepared for how intense it was. The entire section of the plane vibrated on startup- you could really feel it in your bones. Of course, I was in heaven, but the infrequent fliers seated next to me looked at each other nervously and asked "....is that normal?". 

My AI aircraft use TSS and other custom sounds . 

Planespotting next to runways is an incredible experience ( 7+2 ) ...

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0