Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone else get the chills and eargasm when starting up the 777 engines?

5 minutes ago, GSalden said:

My AI aircraft use TSS and other custom sounds . 

Planespotting next to runways is an incredible experience ( 7+2 ) ...

regards, Gerard

Hi Gerard,

That's interesting - I always thought we were limited to just the disappointing and underwhelming generic AI sounds ??? God knows my AI sounds could really use a boost...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Gerard,

That's interesting - I always thought we were limited to just the disappointing and underwhelming generic AI sounds ??? God knows my AI sounds could really use a boost...

Regards,
Scott

I started with F1 aircraft sound Environment and then added even better sounds to the aircraft.

The moment a 777 starts to spool up my neighbours 2 doors further can hear it.

But that is not as loud as a 747 ...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

My AI aircraft use TSS and other custom sounds . 

Gerard could you do a detailed walk through of how I would do this for my AI aircrafts as well? I am using TSS GE-90 sound pack for my PMDG 777. How would I get this to work for the AI Planes? Do you apply this to all AI planes or just the 777 models only?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

26 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Gerard could you do a detailed walk through of how I would do this for my AI aircrafts as well? I am using TSS GE-90 sound pack for my PMDG 777. How would I get this to work for the AI Planes? Do you apply this to all AI planes or just the 777 models only?

The best you can do is look inside an AI aircraft and see what wav files it uses.Way less than the aircraft you fly in.

You have to rename wav files from your TSS 777 to fit the AI version.

As I started with Aircraft Sound Environment I got a good idea which sounds were used for what. Btw the product is made by TSS for F1.

More help/info :  http://mavecreations.weebly.com/

I finetuned all MT aircraft with a external sound program ( louder , less loud , extra bass , less bass ).

Regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

But that is not as loud as a 747 ...

A bit off topic.  But Funny you should say that, one of the sound restrictions at EGLL is the number of 747s with GEs that can land before 0600L hence why there's alot of holding before 0600. One of reasons anyways,  as well as the Richmond luvies 

14ppkc-6.png

747 engines are louder than 777?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 26.10.2017 at 9:34 PM, tooting said:

I bet you see lots of heavies there now..  Didn't lufty move a load there in protest at Ryanair being allowed into Frankfurt Eddf on the cheap?!  I bet the scheduling programme manager af lufty dropped a left bollock when that happened.

I was in work the day Ryanair announced it,  laughed my head off thinking of how the German national carrier got played Like that 

Not yet. AFAIK Lufthansa is moving some A380s to Munich next year. Then we will see more heavy actions. At the moment there are a lot of Lufthansa A340-600 left. Oh I Love that Bird. Long, elegant, beautiful.  But they replace them at the moment with A350-900s. 

Also Munich lacks some 747 action. The only 747-400 is the daily flight to Bangkok. And from time to time we see the 747-8 freighter by Air Bridge Cargo. Yangtze River Express used to fly to Munich with a 747-400BCF but they stopped that.

Well. I have tons of pictures. Maybe a make a small album later and share it :-)

In regard to the 777 IRL: Standing outside in the apron area, when one those engines starts you can feel the vibration in your body. I was impressed that the PMDG sound set is accurate with what I've heard out there. I would say I'd make a video of one, but there are tons on YouTube. On a side note, as a simmer, it feels pretty good when you go into the cockpit and know what most of the buttons and switches do!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

Not yet. AFAIK Lufthansa is moving some A380s to Munich next year. Then we will see more heavy actions. At the moment there are a lot of Lufthansa A340-600 left. Oh I Love that Bird. Long, elegant, beautiful.  But they replace them at the moment with A350-900s. 

Also Munich lacks some 747 action. The only 747-400 is the daily flight to Bangkok. And from time to time we see the 747-8 freighter by Air Bridge Cargo. Yangtze River Express used to fly to Munich with a 747-400BCF but they stopped that.

Well. I have tons of pictures. Maybe a make a small album later and share it :-)

I used to be cabin crew on the 340-600 at virgin before going into OPs.  We used call it the Gucci jet when we first got  it.  Lovely aircraft. If you worked down the back on it you could see it swaying as its so long.  We used to use it on Joburgs and the take roll was huge due to Joburg being hot and high.  Just like the cabin crew operating on it

14ppkc-6.png

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

I used to be cabin crew on the 340-600 at virgin before going into OPs.  We used call it the Gucci jet when we first got  it.  Lovely aircraft. If you worked down the back on it you could see it swaying as its so long.  We used to use it on Joburgs and the take roll was huge due to Joburg being hot and high.  Just like the cabin crew operating on it

Nice, I see the South African flight from EDDM to Johannesburg daily, also a A340-600.

I love this aircraft and think it's pretty sad that they are retired in Munich.

My age must be showing.  My eargasms come from the snap, crackle, pop of radials starting up, like the old Connies and Gooney Birds, and even a Beaver.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.