Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

HDR Dynamic Lighting question.

P3d v4.1.   Upon flying into Flightbeam KSFO and FSDT KMEM at night using the Dynamic Lighting the ground texture around the runways and taxiways turned black near touchdown.  It remained black.  I reloaded the scenario at KSFO and it was fine.  I reloaded the scenario at KMEM without HDR and it was fine.   I have my settings modestly set for my outfit and only use MT6 and Active Sky.  I was surprised at this and wonder if anyone has seen this and what may have caused it.  I will add that I turned HDR off and on while flying while doing some testing.  It kind of looked like a memory issue from the old days.

Flightbeam is one of the better performers with dynamic lighting, and Mir has contributed much to this topic in earlier posts describing in some detail how dynamic lighting works.  FSDT KMEM just had a major update specifically for P3Dv4 and I think does pretty good in this area.  I'm not sure what can cause the loss of night lit textures, it's not something I've run into.  Maybe you could try deleting the shaders and see if it reoccurs.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had some black ground textures at FB KSFO which were caused by the Dreamflight MRLB scenery. Deactivating MRLB in the scenery library fixed these issues. This workaround is mentioned at FB's website. 

But if it also influences FSDT KMEM or has something to do with your black textures at all, I don't know.

But if you also own Dreamflight MRLB maybe give it a try deactivating it temporarily.

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Flightbeam is one of the better performers with dynamic lighting, and Mir has contributed much to this topic in earlier posts describing in some detail how dynamic lighting works.  FSDT KMEM just had a major update specifically for P3Dv4 and I think does pretty good in this area.  I'm not sure what can cause the loss of night lit textures, it's not something I've run into.  Maybe you could try deleting the shaders and see if it reoccurs.

I was quite surprised also.  On another occasion I had initiated a flight from KSFO and it was great.  I will experiment some more.  I thought possibly it had something more to do with my sim than the scenery.  

49 minutes ago, tremor595 said:

I had some black ground textures at FB KSFO which were caused by the Dreamflight MRLB scenery. Deactivating MRLB in the scenery library fixed these issues. This workaround is mentioned at FB's website. 

But if it also influences FSDT KMEM or has something to do with your black textures at all, I don't know.

But if you also own Dreamflight MRLB maybe give it a try deactivating it temporarily.

Thanks for your reply however I do not have MRLB.  I will keep that in mind though.