Sign in to follow this  
MANSpotter99

PMDG NGX Dashed lines on wing should be solid

Anyone know what anti aliasing settings in Nvidia & P3D are needed to make the dashed lines on the wing of the NGX solid as they should be

2xMSAA works well enough on a 4K resolution screen.  Stay away from SSAA if possible.

Dan Downs KCRP

I use 4x MSAA and then "enhance the application setting" in the nVidia Inspector with 4x SGSS. I get perfectly sharp lines on my 1080 monitor this way. And, incidentally, I see no hit to performance with dynamic lights with these settings. 

Walter Meier

18 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

I use 4x MSAA and then "enhance the application setting" in the nVidia Inspector with 4x SGSS. I get perfectly sharp lines on my 1080 monitor this way. And, incidentally, I see no hit to performance with dynamic lights with these settings. 

And what video card you have? That is important as I am sure my 980ti would start crying like a baby if I do the same as you :laugh:

• Upvote 1

I'm using 4xSSAA and performance is still very good. At night I switch to 8xMSAA but only when I'm at an airport that supports dynamic lighting.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On October 27, 2017 at 11:53 AM, simbol said:

And what video card you have? That is important as I am sure my 980ti would start crying like a baby if I do the same as you :laugh:

Yes, big omission on my part. It's a 780ti. My graphics settings are one notch down except for autogen. Those are pretty far down. 2048 textures. I have the trees unchecked as well as the high resolution box. I lock my frames at 29.5 in the Inspector and only see them dip below that in extreme situations such as heavy overcast. I consider myself lucky to have pretty acceptable performance in light of my low end card. CPU is a 4790, without the "k" so no overclock. 

Walter Meier

10 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Yes, big omission on my part. It's a 780ti.

Better get used to those dashed lines then.  :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just now, gboz said:

Better get used to those dashed lines then.  :)

gb.

I think you misunderstood my post, gb. If you look a bit higher in the thread, you'll see that I have nice sharp lines, even with my low-end card. I'm quite happy with how things are working out with my system, considering the issues others are having.

Walter Meier

23 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

Yes, big omission on my part. It's a 780ti. My graphics settings are one notch down except for autogen. Those are pretty far down. 2048 textures. I have the trees unchecked as well as the high resolution box. I lock my frames at 29.5 in the Inspector and only see them dip below that in extreme situations such as heavy overcast. I consider myself lucky to have pretty acceptable performance in light of my low end card. CPU is a 4790, without the "k" so no overclock. 

WAO,  I will need to check out this then as my Card is a 980Ti.

Thanks for the info.

Simbol

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, wsmeier said:

I think you misunderstood my post, gb. If you look a bit higher in the thread, you'll see that I have nice sharp lines, even with my low-end card. I'm quite happy with how things are working out with my system, considering the issues others are having.

Yes, sorry there, I confused you with the OP.

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.