Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.3.5 RC

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.3.5 Release Candidate is now available!

This update includes stability and performance enhancements, and corrects all known issues to date.

The manual is not updated with the new features, and the IDENT mode is not included yet.

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc for the new feature Auto Save Flightplan.pln GNS & GTN. Everything else looks good with the latest version.

For those interested flight plans are found in the C:\Users\****\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files saved as Reality XP GTN1 Route.pln and Reality XP GNS1 Route.PLN

Hi Bill and thank you for your report! I'm glad all is working fine and you find the new features useful!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.3.5 Release Candidate is now available!

This update includes stability and performance enhancements, and corrects all known issues to date.

The manual is not updated with the new features, and the IDENT mode is not included yet.

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Hi-should we uninstall the prior version first or simply overwrite it with the new version?  Thanks much, Jay.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Thanks for the update Jean-Luc - is there any chance you could post the changelog? (Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere.)

One thing which still seems to be missing in my (530) installation is the wind vector. I seem to recall this was discussed before; is it something you're hoping to add with a future version?

Regards,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

33 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

Hi-should we uninstall the prior version first or simply overwrite it with the new version?  Thanks much, Jay.

I installed new over the old. No need to uninstall previous version. Works fine.

@vp49p3 It is designed to install any way: over or from scratch.

@Nick M The release notes are not available yet (it is an RC and we are redacting them while you get the chance to help us with your feedback), but basically it fixes all issues known so far, and adds the new "Auto-Save Active Route (.PLN)" feature in the Settings Panel. As for the "Wind Vector", honestly this one slept away because these releases (GNS and GTN) are 'fix' oriented (expect the feature mentioned above). It is planned for review for the next update though!

Do these release candidate installers overwrite previously stored GNS flight plans?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi, no they won't: everything like device settings, units (mt/ft), route catalog, user waypoints is solely managed and stored into the device non volatile memory (a file for the trainer, a flash memory for the real device).

The trainer ships with a default non-vol file, "sys_nand0". For the GNS V2, it is located in the trainer installation folder. Our solution singles-out 1 such non-vol file per device type / unit number. ( 430 #1/#2, 530 #1/#2 = 4 files - GPS 500 shares the 530 files IIRC), and stores them in a specific folder separately:

"ProgramData/Garmin/GNS Trainer Data/GNS"

OK. Only 30 minutes with this GNS RC. Here is an issue, and it is occurring with both the RC for both GNS 430 and GNS 530.  When I Shift-Right-Click to go into settings, and when in FSX full screen view. The settings box pops up and I am taken out of FSX.  It is not crashing FSX. What is happening is like a Windows Alt-Tab to switch to a different running application.  This is only happening in FSX full screen view. If not in full screen view it does not happen.  The issue here is that when in full screen view it is difficult to bring FSX back to being the active application.  Alt-Tab does not work on my system. So I find I have to open Windows Task Manager, and restore FSX from there.  This was not happening prior to this RC.

So I had my file management application open and this is what happens in full screen view when opening the GNS Settings.

http://RC_GNS_1-XL.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank, this one is peculiar because we've not changed anything to the code which manages the Settings panel window, but in case, we'll cross-check. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could this be a new video card driver at play? Or a new FSX Addon? Which FSX Version is this?

Jean-Luc.

No changes to my system whatsoever.  Was not happening before this RC.  Version of FSX is FSX Deluxe 10.0.61637.0; FSX-Xpack 20070926-1141.  No video card driver changes, no new addons.  And again, it is not happening if not in FAX full screen mode.  I am almost always in full screen mode and was into the settings in the GNS gauges as recently as last night.  I rebooted my system and the issue is still there.

I am running SpadNext, Ultimate Traffic, and FSGRW.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Closed the file management program and closed my browser so that nothing else was running other than those FS related apps I said in earlier message and it takes me from FSX to my desktop with the Settings box still showing. FSX is running in the taskbar.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi Frank, this one is peculiar because we've not changed anything to the code which manages the Settings panel window

You added selections in the settings is a change, for what that may be worth.  Odd that it affects full screen but not windowed. I have no technical knowledge in that respect.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The added option doesn't affect how the window is created. Basically, there is nothing special (Window OS wise):

When invoked, we create an FS child window, make sure it is above. That is all. I'm really puzzled because I've just reviewed the changes and besides the added options (which is only content related), the code driving the window hasn't changed for the last 7 weeks?!?

So to recap, up to v2.3.4 included, all was working fine, it is just v2.3.5 which now minimizes your FSX window to the task bar, and only when in full screen?

There is no FSUIPC update you might have done, or a recent add-on update (UT for example)?

Is there any mention in the RXP log files?