Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.3.5 RC

Entire contents of rxpGNS2.gau.log

17/10/27 23:39:55.661 15972 -    ] # rxpGNS2.DLL version 2.3.5.0
17/10/27 23:39:55.668 15972 INFO ] 

I can work around this issue for the time being with Alt-Enter to toggle between full screen and windowed mode.  

As many times as I have been into the Settings dialog with the previous release, clearly this started with this RC.

No huge complaint here. Just reporting as requested.

Please I should not fail to point out here that two features I requested ten days ago were: 1) legacy mouse operation for knobs; and 2) bring back ability to save FS format .PLN files for purpose of ATC controlled IFR flights. Both done! A huge THANK YOU!  And I would be remiss if I did not point out that you went the extra mile with the .PLN autosave feature! Cannot wait to try that out! 

Did I mention that I love the import/export of .FLT plans in v2? v2 is a total winner!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

As many times as I have been into the Settings dialog with the previous release, clearly this started with this RC. No huge complaint here. Just reporting as requested.

This is what puzzles me the most with this issue indeed. I sincerely appreciate you reports, they help us make our product better!

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Please I should not fail to point out here that two features I requested ten days ago were: 1) legacy mouse operation for knobs; and 2) bring back ability to save FS format .PLN files for purpose of ATC controlled IFR flights. Both done! A huge THANK YOU!  And I would be remiss if I did not point out that you went the extra mile with the .PLN autosave feature! Cannot wait to try that out! 

Did I mention that I love the import/export of .FLT plans in v2? v2 is a total winner!

Thank you for your kind words, these are much appreciated!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks very much for the update aspect which gives the user the installation option to select no bezel.  This has enabled easy installation into Aerosoft's Twin Otter, which I couldn't do before. Overall the set up menu is very user friendly.  I haven't had the chance to try out the other new features, but look forward to doing so.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I'm glad this is working fine! As a matter of fact, it is because of implementing this option that we've discovered a bug that affected loading the 'DEFAULT' settings, and the non-working GPS commands and a few other items!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Jean-Luc, 

I'm also enjoying the new version 2.3.5. A question: Will there be a time when the units are also power by their ON/OFF buttons in lieu of the Avionics bus? 

Thanks / Les Parson

Hi Les,

The power on/off is not activated (yet implemented in our simulation) for a simple reason for now: since the knob is controlling the volume, and the first time our customers discover the product they might just click once, see the unit power up and be fine with it. Then, they'd wonder why is it there is no sound anymore (believe me, this question would be raised more than often). Or conversely, you power off, change aircraft, there is no sound anymore in the new aircraft.

To make it simpler for our customers and support, for now it is a volume 0% to volume 100% control, but yes, it may come enabled in the future maybe then via an additional "advanced" option in the settings panel. No ETA yet, but I'll see how the best we can manage to sneak this feature in.

Yes I would like to see the on off enabled also. It is the one thing when using the GNS with hardware that doesn't function as one would expect.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Glenn

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Les,

The power on/off is not activated (yet implemented in our simulation) for a simple reason for now: since the knob is controlling the volume, and the first time our customers discover the product they might just click once, see the unit power up and be fine with it. Then, they'd wonder why is it there is no sound anymore (believe me, this question would be raised more than often). Or conversely, you power off, change aircraft, there is no sound anymore in the new aircraft.

To make it simpler for our customers and support, for now it is a volume 0% to volume 100% control, but yes, it may come enabled in the future maybe then via an additional "advanced" option in the settings panel. No ETA yet, but I'll see how the best we can manage to sneak this feature in.

Hi Jean-Luc, 

I understand. Thanks very much for the continued and outstanding support of this wonderful product. 

On October 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Nick M said:

One thing which still seems to be missing in my (530) installation is the wind vector. I seem to recall this was discussed before; is it something you're hoping to add with a future version?

Hi Nick, it is now included in an updated v2.3.5 RC (internal) which will become the official release anytime soon. It requires you enable your Shadin Air Data computer as well otherwise it won't show up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Nick, it is now included in an updated v2.3.5 RC (internal) which will become the official release anytime soon. It requires you enable your Shadin Air Data computer as well otherwise it won't show up.

?????  Is this merely adding the setting in the .ini file? Or is this some separate add on that must be enabled?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank,

The "Shadin Air Data" computer input is in the Settings Panel already, the wind vector won't show without it. However, the current 2.3.5 RC doesn't show it anyway, only the next 2.3.5 official update will do.

The note was to let you know the bug is now found and fixed for the official 2.3.5 to come!

On October 27, 2017 at 7:35 PM, fppilot said:

When I Shift-Right-Click to go into settings, and when in FSX full screen view. The settings box pops up and I am taken out of FSX. 

Hi Frank, does this happen when with the assistant window as well (add-ons menu) or just with the settings panel window?

15 hours ago, RXP said:

That's good new indeed Jean-Luc! Thanks for the prompt addition of this feature and for the notification.

Interesting also to read your explanation above as to why the power on/off switch functionality isn't currently implemented. I'd also be happy to see this in a future update if possible.

And whilst we're talking of future updates, one other quick question (I believe others have mentioned the same thing). Any chance you'll add some subtle click sounds associated with button presses and knob rotation in a future update?

Thanks,
Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations

4 hours ago, RXP said:
On 10/27/2017 at 7:35 PM, fppilot said:

When I Shift-Right-Click to go into settings, and when in FSX full screen view. The settings box pops up and I am taken out of FSX. 

Hi Frank, does this happen when with the assistant window as well (add-ons menu) or just with the settings panel window?

Well I had not experienced it with the assistant window, perhaps because I have stayed out of full screen mode. But I just loaded the sim and checked and yes, if in full screen mode it happens with both. If in windowed mode it does not happen with either.  I verified with multiple aircraft, including multiple aircraft publishers, and with all four instances of the v2 GPS.  Do you believe you have found something?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

32 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Do you believe you have found something?

Unfortunately not yet, but I'm gathering as much info as possible. The assistant and the settings panel are not 'opened' exactly the same way, because the settings panel default to top left corner of the screen, while the assistant default to centre of the FS window. This is the only difference in window management between the two, so your feedback tells me it is not this part of the code which causes this, and I can focus on another area!