Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.9 RC

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.4.9 Release Candidate is now available!

This update includes stability and performance enhancements, and corrects all known issues to date.

The manual is not updated with the new features, and the IDENT mode is not included yet.

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you guys. it should be a hard week of coding i bet ;)

I will try this week-end (too much work at my job to try today).

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Awesome update. The GTN touch spots are perfect in the VC. The key mapping for the GNS for use on the Emuteq working perfectly as well, just finalizing the mapping for full use of the hardware. Thanks Jean Luc :smile:

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

@nirgal76 you're welcome, this was a tough week indeed.

@DavidP Thank you, there are a number of items fixed in this build indeed, and new features ( Settings Panel | Gauge Settings | Advanced )

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you Jean-Luc for the new feature Auto Save Flightplan.pln GNS & GTN. Everything else looks good with the latest version.

For those interested flight plans are found in the C:\Users\****\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files saved as Reality XP GTN1 Route.pln and Reality XP GNS1 Route.PLN

• Upvote 1

Hi Bill and thank you for your quick report! Like I've just wrote in the GNS V2 thread, I'm glad these new features are working and of good use too!

The question we're wondering is if the "Auto Save Flightplan" feature has any impact during flight or not.

In effect, when enabled, it auto-save the active route to the disk as a FSX flight plan file, which only purpose (mostly) is to load into FltSim for the ATC system to work. It does save the file only when the route changes. However, since it is automatic, and involves accessing the drive, it might 'slow down' the simulator a fraction of seconds during which the operating system is actually writing the file bits to the drive. 

Mind you: you can always open Settings Panel, enabled the function, plan/import your route and activate. Once done, then in FltSim menu, open Flight Planner, load the .PLN file, don't reposition to starting airport, open ATC window. Then re-open the Settings Panel and disable the feature, it won't auto-save anymore during flight.

had try the new realease.

first laucnh with problem, Both GTN in my C172 A2a didn't start and stay with gray screen and "Starting.. " at the bottom left.

try some config change to force unit reboot but nothing changed

here is the log :

17/10/27 20:08:34.238 09268 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.9.0
17/10/27 20:08:37.349 09220 ERROR] Trainer Failed Task: 00000001
17/10/27 20:08:37.354 09220 ERROR] La procédure spécifiée est introuvable., code: 0000007f

Then i reboot my computer (i had played with trainer just before lauching P3D, simulating an flight with an ifr Flightplan and autopilot...)

and after reboot, everything was ok,...more than ok, superb !

Mouse is working good into VC and new TCAD 9900BX is here :D.

Thank you so much guys, you have done a good job again. i will try autosave flightplan during the week end.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Mind you: you can always open Settings Panel, enabled the function, plan/import your route and activate. Once done, then in FltSim menu, open Flight Planner, load the .PLN file, don't reposition to starting airport, open ATC window. Then re-open the Settings Panel and disable the feature, it won't auto-save anymore during flight.

Not near my sim computer so have not been able to install and try the update. May be early next week for me.  Here are my thoughts about the disk write. 

My use of the .PLN feature of the RXP GNS legacy series for several years was to save the RXP plan to .PLN, load it into the sim, then request IFR clearance before taxi.  Never thought about route changes when in flight. Getting ATC to recognize the enroute route change would I believe involve requesting ATC cancel the original clearance, then go into the sim menus, load the revised .PLN file, select to not reposition the aircraft, and then ask for a new clearance. Great to be able to do that for a route change, such as needing to land at an alternate airport. If you do not reposition back to the departure airport, ATC recognizes the point you are at in the new clearance/route and picks you up at that current point. 

I have actually done that type of IFR cancellation enroute at times in FSX, followed by a later request of a new clearance, and it works.  Reason I have done so in the past has been due to way too many ATC handoffs (a known FSX ATC issue), so I would cancel somewhere enroute, enjoy the quiet for a while, and then get the fresh clearance when nearing my top of descent point in the route. 

Entering the menus to do that interrupts the flight anyway in order to load the revised plan. That is more of an interruption than the disk write you may be concerned about, so I would not be concerned.  Also, likely the majority of us are using SSD's anyway, so the disk writes would be instantaneous. 

I will be eager to try this with a route change.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank and thank you for your insights. Don't hesitate to let us know about how this feature works for you!

1 hour ago, nirgal76 said:

and after reboot, everything was ok,...more than ok, superb !

Mouse is working good into VC and new TCAD 9900BX is here :D.

Thank you so much guys, you have done a good job again. i will try autosave flightplan during the week end.

Hi Nirgal76 and thank you for your feedback. Just let me know how it goes about this error if it ever occur again. We've added this log line in this build so as to whenever there is a 'black screen' reported we can make sure what the error source is.

I'm wondering in what running the trainer standalone prior running it in-sim affects our gauge, nevertheless, this is a good question to ask first whenever there is a similar report in the future.

this is the 2nd time (but i have done tons of flights) i have this gray screen error. Last time (with previous GTN/GNS version), i didn't play with trainer. But both time, I have used an aircraft with GNS before (but i have restart P3D between GNS and GTN flight).

i don't reboot my computer very often, it runs 24/7. i only reboot when a Windows patch needs it.

In order, yesterday Nvidia driver change (without reboot), play with trainer standalone. Today i have installed new GNS and GTN, launch P3D for a GNS flight (with RealAir Duke B60). then stop P3D, going to diner, Running P3D for GTN flight and gray screen (With A2A C172). Stop P3D, launch the trainer standalone, it was working fine. Rerun P3D, always gray screen on GTN. so reboot and then, everything was ok.

When working, it boots and works at the speed of light (like the standalone trainer), So i don't think it's a issue concerning huge databases i'm using into.

Next time (i hope there will not be), i will watch process running,,perhaps something don't really stop and keep running in background. And i will not reboot my computer to make some test with you. I use kaspersky antivirus but all folders use by P3D and addons are in exclusion list and i have nothing in reports.

Anyway, everything is working good now :)

Thank you the offer to help. I think we have precisely identified the root issue, however, it is highly thread/process related, thus, we're wondering about the real causes.

Like the log file says, the process has failed to find one exported procedure from a loaded DLL. This is the kind of error 'dependency walker' usually find out, but in this case, it is like a 'false' positive. The nature of the issue after much investigation seems related to something else making the Windows loader (the component in the Windows kernel known to handle DLL loading/start) fails.

We've found out after much investigation we could systematically reproduce the failure when initializing another DLL we're using at a certain point during initialization, and by the same token, we could systematically avoid the issue entirely when initializing the DLL at a later, precise point in time (depending on exact thread/process execution event, not time which of course varies between sessions).

17 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

When working, it boots and works at the speed of light (like the standalone trainer)

This is music to my ears! Thank you for your kind words!

i remember during one dev having to change affinity to 1 core just for the time of loading a DLL i had to used. Because of some non thread safe instructions in it (i didn't have sources of the dll). Sourcing the dll (with IDA) help use to see this bad programming ;). DLL + thread + process + synchronization, it is often difficult to track.

ok, i back to play cars and trains with my kid ;)

I have tested the autosave flightplan feature. No lag when saving flightplan. (i'm on Win10 64 on SSd, P3D on second SSD drive, i7 2600k@4.3 Ghz 16Go Ram and Geforce 970 4Go)

Import into P3D and enjoy my IFR flight (Juneau->Ketchitan) with ATC into my Duke Turbine (with GTN750+650)...until right engine failed at IAF of approach procedure to land At Ketchitan (with less than 1 mile of visibility) . I have landed with success anyway but it was sport ! :)

• Upvote 1