Sign in to follow this  
aidanlegras

Setting FCU requests on the FS labs A320 P3D 4.1

Can anyone help me with some issues I'm having with MCE? I'm operating the FS labs A320 with P3D 4.1 and the latest version of MCE. (as at October 2016) 

When I'm setup with either 2D or Virtual cockpit, I'm requesting various FCU selections such as SPD, ALT or HDG. On some occasions I am hearing the correct read back from my virtual co-pilot and I'm hearing some clicking sounds in the background however I am not seeing a change on the FCU. In other cases, I hearing a vague acknowledgment of the request although it becomes apparent that it certainly was not understood correctly. 

I've done several speech recognition exercise (with a view to training the co-pilot) 

I'm also looking to confirm that the Engine master switches and the overhead fire pushbuttons  and autobrake selections are some of the buttons that are not accessible in P3D as yet?

6 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

Can anyone help me with some issues I'm having with MCE? I'm operating the FS labs A320 with P3D 4.1 and the latest version of MCE. (as at October 2016) 

When I'm setup with either 2D or Virtual cockpit, I'm requesting various FCU selections such as SPD, ALT or HDG. On some occasions I am hearing the correct read back from my virtual co-pilot and I'm hearing some clicking sounds in the background however I am not seeing a change on the FCU. In other cases, I hearing a vague acknowledgment of the request although it becomes apparent that it certainly was not understood correctly. 

I've done several speech recognition exercise (with a view to training the co-pilot) 

I'm also looking to confirm that the Engine master switches and the overhead fire pushbuttons  and autobrake selections are some of the buttons that are not accessible in P3D as yet?

Full FCU control is OK on FsLabs A320 V214.

It's broken in V215, but will be sorted within days.

Only the square flat type of switches on overhead panel, FMC-CDU and Autobrake modes are affected by the inability for co-pilot to simulate those clicks in P3D.

The engine master switches voice control should work.

Engine master works fine and so do many of the non flat switches, FCU works quite well except setting speed (Copilot can pull/push speedknob,

but not adjust speed.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

24 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

FCU works quite well except setting speed (Copilot can pull/push speedknob,

but not adjust speed.

Peter

Speed detection only happens when airborne. We haven't found a way to read current FCU speed on ground. That's why we don't let him dial it on ground

That's great news Gerald. Once again great support thanks. Could you point me towards the commands that I should be giving to control the engine masters and the overhead fire pushbuttons as I've tried many different options without success.

2 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

That's great news Gerald. Once again great support thanks. Could you point me towards the commands that I should be giving to control the engine masters and the overhead fire pushbuttons as I've tried many different options without success.

There are lots of variations. Try these

start master engine one off

start master engine one on

start master engine one open

start master engine one close

open start master engine one

close start master engine one

I only listed the short ones.:smile:

Just curious...

Which command came to you naturally and wasn't recognized. I will show you how you can teach the co-pilot to understand it

Thanks Gerald. I appreciate your help. Airbus has a policy of namin the system first and then the push button/switch and then the required selection so I have tried to maintain than myself. 

"Engine 1, Master: off" is one of several I tried but I would not have tried starting with the word 'start' I'll give that a go a little later and hopefully I'll be able to change around the voxscripts to match what I'm after once I get used to all this. Cheers. 

7 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

Thanks Gerald. I appreciate your help. Airbus has a policy of namin the system first and then the push button/switch and then the required selection so I have tried to maintain than myself. 

"Engine 1, Master: off" is one of several I tried but I would not have tried starting with the word 'start' I'll give that a go a little later and hopefully I'll be able to change around the voxscripts to match what I'm after once I get used to all this. Cheers. 

Now, here is how you can interact with Fo on your terms. Particularly useful for those emergency situations, where your last worry is to remember the exact phrasing to ask Fo to perform something.

As you already know, Voxscript allows you to create a custom command and get the FO to perform a bunch of things on your request.

As it happens, if you create a flow with a single command, that particular trigger sentence is essentially acting like a translator for the command you add.

Therefore, create a new flow and give it the name based on your natural speech command for handling start master. In this case "engine one master off".

When listed, select it and click <Edit>.

In next screen, enable "verbose" option and go straight to <Edit script commands>

Add one, and only one of the built-in commands FO is trained to understand and don't forget to save.

That's it, from now on, you can command the thing in what you deem the closest to your airline training SOPs.

Normally, we don't allow a script to be run from another script.

Except for those scripts that act like aliases (translators) for existing commands. Therefore, you can just add that custom start master command to any of your flows.

Be aware, flows are created and saved per aircraft type. Therefore those custom commands will only be active when the specific aircraft they are intended for is loaded.

Forgot to list fire switch commands.

Try

fire switch engine one pull

fire handle engine one pull

Again, using the aliasing technique, you could use your own speech command for that.

It's really the closest you can get to "shared cockpit" nirvana. And you don't have to beg someone for his time to share a session doing the less exciting PNF job :tongue:

And you can of course use the exact checklist you're used to with ANY airline.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Gerald, I appreciate the extra info, I'll give that a go when the kids are out of the house tomorrow. 

Will you be emailing us when the FCU interaction that is 'broken' gets fixed. I'm taking it that this will be a replacement install, is that right?

4 minutes ago, aidanlegras said:

Thanks Gerald, I appreciate the extra info, I'll give that a go when the kids are out of the house tomorrow. 

Will you be emailing us when the FCU interaction that is 'broken' gets fixed. I'm taking it that this will be a replacement install, is that right?

You're welcome.

Will be posting a replacement dll to put inside \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ sometime next week.

Not even need to re-install for this one.

In case you're worried about your personal flows, they are saved to \My Documents\

They never get overwritten on new installation, nor deleted when un-installing MCE.

If you decide to use a custom checklist, don't edit those in MCE installation folder (they will be removed when upgrading). Rather copy one to \My Documents\ or other place, edit it and tell MCE to use that one for a specific aircraft livery.

.And here is a nice video, courtesy of David, that shows how to use Voxscript with any supported aircraft.

With FSL A320, you don't need to create them from scratch. Just modify them to suit your airline SOPs

There more I get into MCE, the more I love it.

Plus the support is excellent.

Hopefully a lot of people are buying this so that you continue to develop and update it!

Thanks for such a great product.

On 27/10/2017 at 11:43 AM, FS++ said:

Full FCU control is OK on FsLabs A320 V214.

It's broken in V215, but will be sorted within days.

Only the square flat type of switches on overhead panel, FMC-CDU and Autobrake modes are affected by the inability for co-pilot to simulate those clicks in P3D.

The engine master switches voice control should work.

Hi Gerald,

Have the FCU problems with FS Labs been rectified? You mentioned V215, could you clarify what you're referring to as I have MCE 2.7.3.5. No doubt you're talking about something different. 

I am aware that Airbus flat panel switches such as HYD switches and the like are a longer term discussion but I'm hoping to have the problem with FCU commands that seem to have been heard correctly but then not actioned correctly rectified. I'm not sure what it is I'm waiting for. 

You mentioned a DLL file but I'm a novice at all this and I'm not sure what that is to be honest. Forgive my ignorance. 

Kind regards, Aidan. 

1 hour ago, aidanlegras said:

You mentioned a DLL file but I'm a novice at all this and I'm not sure what that is to be honest. Forgive my ignorance. 

Please download this zip file

Unzip and replace a single file in \Flight Simulator main installation folder\MCE dlls\ folder.

One dll is 64 bit and only intended for P3D V4. The other one is for FSX or P3D V3.4

I've done exactly as requested and there is no improvement. To give you some context I'm requesting the runway track to be set to 313 and getting an accurate verbal acknowledgment but the track gets set to 221 in this case. 

Im also requesting that the speed be selected to 160 knots p, while airborne only, and its showing up as 100 knots. Also there doesn't seem to be much capacity for me to request the FO to "Push speed" or "manage speed" as per Airbus SOP's. 

Perhaps this is a function of not having an SDK available at this point. If so that's ok for now but it's no different to before unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, aidanlegras said:

I've done exactly as requested and there is no improvement. To give you some context I'm requesting the runway track to be set to 313 and getting an accurate verbal acknowledgment but the track gets set to 221 in this case. 

Im also requesting that the speed be selected to 160 knots p, while airborne only, and its showing up as 100 knots. Also there doesn't seem to be much capacity for me to request the FO to "Push speed" or "manage speed" as per Airbus SOP's. 

Perhaps this is a function of not having an SDK available at this point. If so that's ok for now but it's no different to before unfortunately. 

The FO can push and Pull any FCU knob.

See "A3XX Commands.pdf" for built-in commands.

For instance, could use

Push speed knob

Pull speed knob

"Managed speed" should also get him to push the knob.

To be able to give yourself the latitude to say "Pull speed" only, without the required "knob" word at the end, use the "aliasing capability" of Voxscript and make your natural speech command act as if you spoke one of the built-in ones. See my post above.

As for FCU dialing, it should work. It's been tested with FSL V214 & V215 releases for P3D V4.

I assume you set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator and that you have excluded it from Anti-Virus monitoring. 

Some AV like Bitdefender, will prevent some software operations taking place. 

I assume you have "mcfslA3X.dll" version 1.0.3.8 inside \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder. If not, apply the patch

Any registered user who has issues with FCU dialing, please apply the patch and eventually chime in.

That's not like the "flat type" switches under P3D for which we have no solution right now.