Sign in to follow this  
ray123

Orbx global with P3D V4

Hi Guys!

I'm now using P3D v4 and it's amazing! Yesterday I installed my Orbx package on it but I'd get very weird things.

The terrain changes when I fly over it and square lakes on top of mountains etc...

I now did a clean install of Windows 10 and P3D. This time I'm more carefull.

The install order I'm familiar with. First base, then vector and last OpenLC, but what is the best time to install the new libraries?

Right in de beginning or in the end??

Thank you very much!! 

I think I installed everything in one go, and I haven't seen any issues.

It sounds like maybe you could resolve it by changing the Scenery order? But then again, sometimes a complete reinstall is alot faster :-)

52 minutes ago, ray123 said:

Hi Guys!

I'm now using P3D v4 and it's amazing! Yesterday I installed my Orbx package on it but I'd get very weird things.

The terrain changes when I fly over it and square lakes on top of mountains etc...

The install order I'm familiar with. First base, then vector and last OpenLC, but what is the best time to install the new libraries?

Thank you very much!! 

If I had the choice I would install the libraries last, as an old habit (back in the old days when you had to install the library as last after every install session of Orbx addons), but nowadays FTX Central is clever enough to get things done. The order in which you install isn't important anymore. Afaik FTX Central warns you at startup whenever a new library is available and it will install it first... but no matter what, the order isn't really important.

52 minutes ago, ray123 said:

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much!! 

Hello Ray,

You can install the Orbx Libraries anytime.  What I've always done, was after the first Orbx package (which has been FTX Global for me), I would then install the libraries.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

As far as I know the sequence of installing is not important. ORBX will itself arrange the proper scenery order provided you set in FTX central / settings the "library insertion point" .

I took the first (from the bottom) third party airport that I have and FTX central did a nice job of placing all the ORBX stuff below that in the right order.

b rdgs Dick

=

Hello

As the rest have mentioned already you could try and reinstall the Orbx Libraries maybe this step will resolve your Issue,   See Here for Instructions 

Alternatively you could go through the link below and click on Problems with scenery anomalies   

Hi Ray! I had this happen awhile back. The solution, for whatever ORBX voodoo that they do do, was to go into settings (FTX Central 3), under FTX entries should be inserted below: 

By default it will read (at the top of the scenery library)...in the drop down menu find FTX, highlight then save. Then reverse your save back to (at the top of the scenery library) then save. For whatever reason it straightened every thing out right as rain!

When I installed v4.1 full fresh install.

I manually downloaded and installed in this order.

Global

OLC

Vector

Then last Libs.

Libs I noticed sort all the above out and in order as Orbx wanted them, why Libs does this I have no idea but I did see it.

Always install Libs last as bean the word for years.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip