Sign in to follow this  
jeypee

Whats your favorite way to enhance P3Dv4 textures /shaders

Hi there,

yesterday i switched from p3dv3 to p3dv4. Did also a fresh win10 install. Now iam wondering whats "the best", or lets say, your favorite way, to make p3dv4 look better, texture and shaderwise.

I have all important programms to work with: Rex 4 with softclouds, Rex hd airports, envtex, pta2, asca.

In V3 i used a mix of those programms. When i remember correctly, i used a free sky texture package injected and activated in asca, lots of Rex 4 textures beside clouds and sky. Best runway textures come from Rex hd airports in my opinion. From envtex i only used the coral reef textures. Beside that i used the free pta with a slightly modified adam 20_10 preset.

Now iam wondering if i should go again like this in v4 or has something changed in the meantime and you can give me some advice how to move on...

And of course iam curios, whats your way to make p3dv4 look best :)

regards, Jens

I currently do nothing shader wise. Can't be bothered trying presets or other PTA changes since i understand they need tweaking  for different conditions (day or night) for example or are too dark in one cockpit or too blue in another. Default works best for me.

For texture REX is still highly rated but more people nowadays are raving about ENVTEX.

Orbx Global

Orbx OLC

Orbx Vector

ASv4/ACSA

Rex Soft clouds

PTA Matts preset.

Addon airports.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I've got Ultimate Terrain Europe 2 in there for the ground stuff, TerraFlora for the trees, Active Sky and ASCA for the clouds and weather and I've tweaked the distance shading colour a bit with (the freebie) Open Shade so that there's a bit more realistic Rayleigh Scattering than is the case with P3D by default. The aeroplanes all have Precipit FX in there to make the contrails and wing vortexes look a bit better, and when A2A get around to making AccuFeel for P3D, I'll add that since it does a pretty good job as a one-shot fix for a lot of add-ons.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

and when A2A get around to making AccuFeel for P3D,

Yeah, I heard about that. Haven't heard anything about it since the beginning of June though, any news on it?