Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Indexer hanging

Hi All.. I have a clean windows 10x64 and P3dv4.1. I have P3Dv4.1 installed on separate ssd by its self. The folder is shared..etc, etc, etc but the indexer hangs at P:\System Volume information.....any clues on how to get indexer to finish?

I am leaving it on and see if it will complete..doubtful.

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

You may have an inconsistency either within scenery.cfg or with your add-on.xml files. See this recent thread for more information:

The VOXATC  Indexer does not compensate for 3rd party add-ons that do not follow LM's requirements for installation, even though the sim itself may ignore such inconsistencies.

If you have no 3rd party add-ons installed, then you need to contact the developer of VOXATC at his official website.

Thanks..will give it a looksy. ..not as sharp as you guys..lol....maybe someone could post an example of inconsistencies in scenery.cfg or add-on xml so we can kinda see what to look for..

Thanks for your help..

Have a great day!!

Bob M.

Bob M

double scenery entries, one in xml addons one in scenery cfg, thats definitely one inconsistency that hangs the indexer

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin..which of the Lori programs scans for xml inconsistencies etc? 

Have a great day!!

Bob M.

Bob M

Hey all.. Here's an example..

6du9DTM.jpg

could you look at it and kinda tell me what to do. Probably help others as well. I notice that the top seven are dark green so I guess these are the problem one :) I decided to add the xml for a looksey.

https://imgur.com/fBW7PuZ

Thanks,

Bob

Bob M

Bob,

I followed the imgur link. What is the file scenery_add-ons.xml? Is that just a summary of all your add-on.xml files or is it actually used by P3d4?

Jay

its the add on xml in the program data folder near the bottom under Lockheed Martin/P3dv4

Thanks,

BobM

Bob M

Bob,

I'm apologizing beforehand because I don't understand what that file (scenery_add-ons.xml) is used for. It looks like you have consolidated a bunch of add-on.xml files into one big xml file. Here's my unofficial understanding of how the VOXATC Indexer locates scenery and aircraft. First, it parses add-ons.cfg, which is located in the hidden folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Next it uses the information in this file to locate individual add-on.xml files for each add-on. Lastly, the Indexer parses both simobjects.cfg and scenery.cfg, which are located in the same folder. This is consistent with LM's guidance in the V4 SDK documentation.

Apparently although P3d4 can cope with your "consolidated" xml file (since I'm further assuming that these add-ons show up correctly in the sim), the Indexer is not designed to do so, as it has a different name than add-on.xml. If all this make sense to you, I suggest that you split up all those add-ons into their own XMLs files.

Maybe Kevin Firth has some other ideas on this.

Jay

scenery_add-ons.xml

Bob, can you paste this file for us to see? Jays assumptions make sense, but without knowing what your non standard named file actually consists of we are kind of guessing... Cheers k

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Jay, missed that...

I too am confused as to what that file is..  Im away from my pc so cant check my setup.

I dont recall the SDK mentioning that filename.

Also you have multiple file encoding errors, have you been amending xml files in notepad?

I dont have the addons listed in your xml so cant advise if there are any particular ways they need to be dealt with.

its clear there has been some user intervention with your setup.  it would help massively if you could describe step by step in as much detail as possible what you did please?

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks guys but I am lost as you..maybe I more..Apparently  this is something that Prepar3d is doing. I  installed sceneries from FSDREAMTEAM and ImagineSim and this xml is created...scenery addon xml. I can delete it and next time I start p3d..it writes it back in. I did a post at P3d in miscellaneous section..scenery library question and Popped answered and say this xml file is now normal..As far as coding goes...I wouldn't know how to correct the xmls. I think they are UT8..not sure..anyway...that's all I know. I guess I could Uninstaller p3d and see if indexer works but the minute I put fsdreamteam back in..the problem will start all over again..

Here's a picture of p3dv4.1 file structure in Program Data... You will see the scenery add-on xml below scenery config  and a new file I have never seen before scenery.cfg.PSSCBAK.

uuxSW3L.jpg

Not sure this helps,

BOB m.

Edited by unc1rlm
added pic

Bob M

This is the structure of the FSDreamteam Charlotte scenery inside the p3dv4 add-on in the Document folder... Just noticed the PSSCBAK file..

HhxbKuU.jpg

and this is what there xml for FSDreamteam for Charlotte looks like..if this is where the encoding is wrong and Lorby as you see is picking up all of fsdreamteam's scenery and Imaginesim and KSFOHD.... as errors?

wVnhN5C.jpg

Bob M

just ran Lorby and you see its all FSDreamteam..Flightbeam ksfohd and imaginesim and that where maybe the encoding is wrong and Lorby picking this up and maybe why Voxatc is stalling because of all this. What do I know lol.

OeT8DSd.jpg

Bob M