Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Indexer hanging

I have uninstalled Voxatc so many times and the I hunt thru the registry for all the pieces it leaves and managed to reinstall. The indexer actually ran all the way thru with no problem.(one time out of 50) I said this can't be true..so I ran the indexer again and it hung at P:\system volume information.. so I closed window out..went into p3d and it came up Demo expired..lol. My luck so anyway its out again until I can get a handle on it..or should say..those in the know. I had Voxatc 6.52 with p3dv3 and it was great and expensive.$96.00 bucks at RC Simulations. I just hope it will work again soon. Not dropping more money..if the program won't run on the p3d platform. I just now ran into this article which I am reading. 

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/beware-p3dv4-scenery-cfg-encoding-changes.440551/

and just now this post on FSDreamteam's forum about this issue.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=16317.0

Bob M...

Bob M

I know everyone is sick of me...lol...but I wrote Lorby-Si frorum about this: 

Hi,

don't worry too much about the character encoding, that is just a warning. P3D will probably read those files anyway. Other than that, everything looks just fine, you just install the sceneries like the developer of that product says. That you cannot move the externally defined sceneries in P3D is normal - and one of the reasons that the P4AO exists.

If an external tool like VoxATC cannot handle the XML definitions, there is a special function in the P4AO where you can temporarily create a scenery.cfg containing all sceneries, no matter where they are. Please check out the manual, chapter 3.9, for details about how to do this. 

Best regards

Oliver Binder

LORBY-SI

Posted just now · 

Thanks, not sure I did it with your program..forgot how i did it lol but I believe MakeRunways .exe makes a scenery.cfg file (right below the Make Runway exe that lists all the sceneries installed. By default P3dv4 only list the original so I copied and renamed it scenery.cfg and replaced original scenery.cfg with it. I am not sure if the scenery .cfg is what Voxatc reads and indexes from that?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

Yep. I said that in the other thread that the Indexer will only read files called add-on.xml  and only if they have the correct character set. P3d doesn't seem to care about inconsistencies like that. 

15 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

I know everyone is sick of me...lol...but I wrote Lorby-Si frorum about this:

Nah, no one here would think that about anyone asking a legitimate question. VOXATC is very capable ATC app, but the issues seems to be geometrically related to it's capabilities. Sometimes those issues are quite baffling.

has there ever been a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem and whatever sceneries I deactivate, the indexer never goes past weather\themes.

draci

@bmaik

draci

i'm a tad confused where you're at ....... which sim / VATC version are you using.

i have "almost" no trouble with Indexing with P3D4.

for now, cheers

john martin

8 hours ago, bmaik said:

has there ever been a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem and whatever sceneries I deactivate, the indexer never goes past weather\themes.

draci

This "hang" is 100% caused by an error in the P3d scenery library. It most commonly occurs when there is an entry duplicated in scenery.cfg and an add-on.xml file. P3d ignores this situation but VOXATC does not.

Unfortunately, other than checking the VOXATC log files, the only way to troubleshoot is to disable all the add-on.xml files one by one.