Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

XP11 and Add-ons

Tempted to upgrade from 10 by the current discounts, though more of an XP dabbler and mainly fly P3D...so I'm not sure of the add-on compatibility between the two.

I've seen there are updates for a number of the payware add-ons I have, but notably the Caranedo 1900 is a 'buy-it-again' job, which I just wouldn't do.
Does the XP10 1900D not work at all in XP11?

Any other significant drop-offs moving to 11?
Do all of the freeware scenery upgrades work (the photo sceneries, the 'Pro' sceneries etc)

Thanks
Keith

On 27/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, keithb77 said:

Tempted to upgrade from 10 by the current discounts, though more of an XP dabbler and mainly fly P3D...so I'm not sure of the add-on compatibility between the two.

I've seen there are updates for a number of the payware add-ons I have, but notably the Caranedo 1900 is a 'buy-it-again' job, which I just wouldn't do.
Does the XP10 1900D not work at all in XP11?

Any other significant drop-offs moving to 11?
Do all of the freeware scenery upgrades work (the photo sceneries, the 'Pro' sceneries etc)

Thanks
Keith

Hi Keith,

I can confirm that the Carenado B1900 for XP10 works (for me, without issue) in XP11.    Almost all of the Carenado/Alabeo XP10 aircraft work fine for me in XP11.    The exception is the DA42 Twinstar for XP10, which for me in XP11, has major issues with the G1000.     All of the others I own/have tried work fine.

Again, I've yet to find a XP10 scenery that doesn't work in XP11.    I am using GB Pro, Norway Pro, some HD V3 packages, lot's of photoreal, and a ton of free airports from the org - all work fine in XP11.

Hope this helps.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

8 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi Keith,

I can confirm that the Carenado B1900 for XP10 works (for me, without issue) in XP11.    Almost all of the Carenado/Alabeo XP10 aircraft work fine for me in XP11.    The exception is the DA42 Twinstar for XP10, which for me in XP11, has major issues with the G1000.     All of the others I own/have tried work fine.

Again, I've yet to find a XP10 scenery that doesn't work in XP11.    I am using GB Pro, Norway Pro, some HD V3 packages, lot's of photoreal, and a ton of free airports from the org - all work fine in XP11.

Hope this helps.

All XP-10 scenery packages are automatically compatible with XP-11 (as a commercial designer I know, believe me), aircraft are a completely different topic, but most of them do work.

The only aircraft 5tha tare having issues are teh turbo props because Austin has being messing around with them HAve 1900  as wel lno probs.

Thanks for all the info guys :)

The other Tprops I have are the Jetstream and Mu2, both with XP11 versions as updates.

Cheers
Keith

I've had problems with Alabeo's products, e.g. The R66 doesn't work sadly, and it's one of my favourite.

Not had any compatibility problem at all with scenery (except the glowing trees), even the ones I've made myself.