24 minutes ago, GSalden said:

His name John Venema...

A Dutch name 

Yep John has Dutch roots ;-)

André

58 minutes ago, GSalden said:

His name John Venema...

A Dutch name 

I know! He has Dutch roots indeed. That's why I asked him a few years ago already if he would make a region containing the Netherlands. But at that time he said there was good scenery already (NL2000). I am glad he changed his mind. Maybe it has to do with that new tech.

10 hours ago, J van E said:

The Netherlands is too small for a full region, you'd say

Netherlands is about the size of a big airport....

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

28 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

The first European to sight my country was a Dutchman, and was named after a region in the Netherlands. Just a bit of useless info :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

3 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Well, ORBX have made Northern Ireland as a full region ... so why not The Netherlands?

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Why not include Belgium and Luxemburg (BENELUX) Now that would make the region bigger. Lots of simmers also in those countries. 

Jos 

EBBR

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, twojastara said:

Well, ORBX have made Northern Ireland as a full region ... so why not The Netherlands?

That's not what I meant, of course they can/should do The Netherlands.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

23 hours ago, beep747 said:

Why not include Belgium and Luxemburg (BENELUX) Now that would make the region bigger. Lots of simmers also in those countries.

Agreed. That would be a buy from me then. Netherlands only, probably not.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

3 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

John has just a few minutes ago posted some first alpha shots, it will be photoreal with every building in. I guess it's time for me to fix up my garden...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144036-ftx-eu-netherlands-photoreal-alpha-shots/

It's the best news concerning scenery in ages for me! This is going to be soooo cool! Photoreal, perfectly annotated buildings, 5 seasons even! Awesome!

3 hours ago, KenVerburg said:

John has just a few minutes ago posted some first alpha shots, it will be photoreal with every building in. I guess it's time for me to fix up my garden...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144036-ftx-eu-netherlands-photoreal-alpha-shots/

Bingo!

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Is Orbx surrendering to VFR France methods? I hope they do. Even if they are not willing to work with VFR France... VFR France method is superior to Orbx. so surrendering to them ain't all that bad.

One of  the most annoying thing is Orbx not working with VFR France and hurting us simmers. Shame on Orbx. All they had to do was, with work with them on the autogen merge  stuff.. IT would have been a win win for all, 

Quite often, the best parts of Orbx scenery is when they use photoscenery textures  with their own autogen placements.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

45 minutes ago, Manny said:

Is Orbx surrendering to VFR France methods? I hope they do. Even if they are not willing to work with VFR France... VFR France method is superior to Orbx. so surrendering to them ain't all that bad.

One of  the most annoying thing is Orbx not working with VFR France and hurting us simmers. Shame on Orbx. All they had to do was, with work with them on the autogen merge  stuff.. IT would have been a win win for all, 

Quite often, the best parts of Orbx scenery is when they use photoscenery textures  with their own autogen placements.

As I understand it, the whole autogen debacle between Orbx and FranceVFR was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other....they both had their own mutually exclusive ideas about how to achieve autogen compatibility and neither was willing to compromise.

It was Earth Simulations that first then attempted to provide a merge utility...but first versions were buggy.

This has subsequently been perfected by Arno in his AutogenConfigurationMerge (ACM) utility.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

A very interesting development. In my opinion, this is the future of flight simulation regional scenery. Landclass (no matter how good it might be when compared to default) is just not good enough as far as realism is concerned. Now, how about releasing a new version of Northern Ireland with this new technology? :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

A very interesting development. In my opinion, this is the future of flight simulation regional scenery. Landclass (no matter how good it might be when compared to default) is just not good enough as far as realism is concerned. Now, how about releasing a new version of Northern Ireland with this new technology? :wink:

JV posted already that this new tech won't be used for all existing and upcoming regions: it totally depends on the availability of good and not too expensive satellite images. This means that for instance England and Norway won't get this treatment. Unfortunately. But PNW will.