Sign in to follow this  
colinm44

Montreal Airport with 737 wrong runways

Im hoping that someone else has had this problem and can help me.

I use the pmdg 737 ngx. I have Navigraph for fmc updates. I also have aivlasoft and asnext. for p3d 4.1 which are all upto date (Navigraph)

My problem is that FMC (which should be up to date doesn't recognize the gate numbers when I enter my iris position. get error not in database.

In conjuction with this, when I dial the atis for Montreal airport (from FlyTampa) I get landing and departing on runways 23, 24l, 24r, 25, 26, 27, 28. There is only 24l, 24r and 28.

Thanks for any help

Colin Marsden

Hi Colin.  It is normal for the gate numbers to be missing for US and Canadian airports.  There are a few places like Europe where the navdata includes gate information but mostly it does not.

24 minutes ago, colinm44 said:

I get landing and departing on runways 23, 24l, 24r, 25, 26, 27, 28. There is only 24l, 24r and 28.

I don't understand the above question. Montreal only has 06L/24R and 06R/24L runways and 10/28... ignore the ATIS.  I see what is happening, the FlyTampa uses a trick used by many developers to allow AI traffic to work a certain way in that they have additional runways you don't see in the scenery.  Yeah, ignore ATIS.  I highly recommend you get Active Sky and let it provide you the weather plus you will then have wx radar.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, I have Active Sky which is up to date with Navigraph. If it's inherent in the airport then I guess I'll have to work with it.

And the other issue is that FMC doesn't recognize the Montreal gate numbers.

Okay, well let's consider the issue closed. thank you.

Colin Marsden

Colin:

Gate numbers in the database are really part of a bygone era. It was an aid to pilots while initializing the IRS, so that they didn't have to type in the coordinates. With GPS, this feature has become largely obsolete, though, if available, it does confirm that you are at the gate you think you are.

Walter Meier