Sign in to follow this  
klosurdo

Where do I purchase Garmin Nav data

Hi,

I would like to update the Garmin nav data in my unit but want to make sure I purchase the right product to purchase. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase and what product is the one for the RXP units. Thanks!

Ken

Garmin trainer don't give a link to least navigraph data because they don't want piracy with pc of real garmin hardware in real aviation.

So the gtn in our sim have the same data of the gtn trainer, a old data. 

In fact the gtn in our sims are transposition via screens copies of the gtn trainer installed in our pcs

This a real problem in our sim, flight plans coming from softwares up to date with navigraph create rejected waitpoints in gtn import file.

The only solution, I found is when I flight with a gtn, I make mine flight plan directly on the gtn whitout external import.

45 minutes ago, klosurdo said:

Hi,

I would like to update the Garmin nav data in my unit but want to make sure I purchase the right product to purchase. Does anyone have a link to where I can purchase and what product is the one for the RXP units. Thanks!

Ken

Hi Ken,

You buy it directly from Garmin... Bert Pieke I believe is familiar and you may want to seek his input... It's prohibitively expensive - we're talking hundreds...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I had that doubt, and what i found was this...

https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/pilotpak/

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/main/store/legal/gtn/index.jsp

Almost more cheap to buy a real plane!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

12 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Garmin trainer don't give a link to least navigraph data because they don't want piracy with pc of real garmin hardware in real aviation.

So the gtn in our sim have the same data of the gtn trainer, a old data. 

In fact the gtn in our sims are transposition via screens copies of the gtn trainer installed in our pcs

Hi, I think the real reason is not fighting piracy, but I won't elaborate on this now.

Honestly (pun intended), it looks as easy in the real world to just copy a real SD card and use it on other units. Furthermore, it is not so widespread yet available knowledge where to download the latest DB off their web site.

Nevertheless, most of the data shipping with the Garmin trainers is close enough to the simulator database info. Only customers investing resources in expanding the simulator base data are naturally looking to proceed the same with their Garmin devices, which is why like I've said elsewhere in the forum, I know it is an important matter for many of you and I'll make sure to properly look at this once we're done releasing all our new products. I'd like to further pursuit some innovative ideas I've had about this lately.

Now, please allow me to correct: our GTN and GNS V2 simulation are not just 'screen copies' of the GTN trainer. This might be the sour impression some other trainer based products are leaving, but it is far from the actual implementation and technological details that get's into our products. Here is a post I've made recently with some 'inner details' which might shed some light:

22 minutes ago, ms2 said:

This a real problem in our sim, flight plans coming from softwares up to date with navigraph create rejected waitpoints in gtn import file.

The only solution, I found is when I flight with a gtn, I make mine flight plan directly on the gtn whitout external import.

The real problem is not the GTN not being able to import these flight plans. The real problem is the flight planning software not offering unknown waypoints in the form of 'user waypoints'. Obviously, the flight planning software couldn't know about which waypoints are missing, so they are not to blame. However, the flight plan file is in a known text format, documented, and can be manually adjusted to change the waypoint types.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks to receive precision from rxp president.

Shall be happy in near future version, to import the same datas in mine sim and the gtn.

Sorry but I don't have a friend owned a real garmin gtn 650 to ask him... the sd cart and ebality to convert to sim format.

Often I have edited and delete the bad waitpoints for the gtn but is faster to direcly edit in the gtn.

with regards and many thanks for the gtn a well done addon.