Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

GSX should I buy?

I know Bryan has something in the hopper but there's no eta. ..I wonder if I should get GSX for now...and go with Bryans product if and when available.

Thoughts?

spacer.png

Well, I bought GSX after thinking about it for years - I got 50% off one day only cos it was one if the developers 50th. It’s good insofar as it adds to the realism of the procedures but it is a tad cartoonish: just too many vehicles driving through aircraft and each other to make it wholly realistic. Pushback is neat though - very tidy. Bottom line - I’m glad I bought it but not sure I would’ve paid full dollar. There’s a free trial available - maybe you’ve tried it?

Best regards

Rupert

34 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I know Bryan has something in the hopper but there's no eta. ..I wonder if I should get GSX for now...and go with Bryans product if and when available.

Thoughts?

Curious: what is Bryan's product?

Mario Di Lauro

Just now, tamsini said:

Curious: what is Bryan's product?

+ 1

As for GSX, great addon in my opinion, worth the money!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Well i'm honest.

I have GSX about half a year now and it's very buggy. I must say it.

Why?

A lot of clipping, the sound is completely unrealistic ( i can hear the pushback truck in my 777 louder than the engines) and the worst: 

It get's stuck sooo many times -.-. I think i need to restart the coutal engine at least twice because of ;

1 the pushback is not moving or

2 the service vehicles are stuck or

3 the menu is dead.

It feels like lottery or hit or miss to work with it. The ONLY thing wich is good is the pushback. 

The rest is buggy or if not uninteresting after 2 months.

My 2 cents

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

I use gsx in my fsdt airports but it doesn't pushback well in that it overruns other fixed objects. ..as opposed to AES which didn't.

spacer.png

OK I think I pass on gsx and hope Bryans product is ready before I'm old and senile...lol

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

OK I think I pass on gsx and hope Bryans product is ready before I'm old and senile...lol

And you dint told us what is Bryans product lol

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

5 hours ago, 30K said:

Well i'm honest.

I have GSX about half a year now and it's very buggy. I must say it.

Why?

A lot of clipping, the sound is completely unrealistic ( i can hear the pushback truck in my 777 louder than the engines) and the worst: 

It get's stuck sooo many times -.-. I think i need to restart the coutal engine at least twice because of ;

1 the pushback is not moving or

2 the service vehicles are stuck or

3 the menu is dead.

It feels like lottery or hit or miss to work with it. The ONLY thing wich is good is the pushback. 

The rest is buggy or if not uninteresting after 2 months.

My 2 cents

why not  post  in the fsdt  forum  since  its most likely  your  pc  set up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

14 hours ago, Boomer said:

If you do passenger flights then I consider GSX a must have..  If you're on the fence, then wait for a sale.  Sure it's not perfect, and occasionally it crashes on me, but so does FSX.  

However, being able to simulate fuel, boarding/unboarding, pushback and follow-me makes it a mst have product.  For GA, not so useful...

Besides, as one of previous posts pointed out; it's a try before you buy product.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I have GSX, and not use it - it is so "artificial" in negative meaning, even voice is like coming from robot or something.

Really waiting what UGXC will bring here.

Artur 

11 hours ago, byork said:

GSX and UGCX aren't really competition, sorta.

I suspect most people will use both, but we'll see how that goes.

I thought IIRC that UGCX had pushback. ..?

spacer.png

On 10/28/2017 at 4:19 PM, byork said:

It does, but we don't do all the catering trucks, etc.

So I suspect people will use us for pushbacks, and GSX for the luggage cars, etc.

Damm. The only real reason i bought GSX was for the pushback. 

I normally stay in my cockpit 90% of the time so i didn't even look at my ground vehicles.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png