Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

GSX should I buy?

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 10:19 AM, byork said:

It does, but we don't do all the catering trucks, etc.

So I suspect people will use us for pushbacks, and GSX for the luggage cars, etc.

I only care about a good pushback that knows the taxi and pushback routes like AES did.

spacer.png

On 10/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, byork said:

GSX and UGCX aren't really competition, sorta.

I suspect most people will use both, but we'll see how that goes.

And I was looking forward to finally be able to get rid of GSX when UGCX arrives since I'm really tired of GSX for a number of reasons many of them already mentioned in here.

Oh well, let's see what the end result will be.

Richard Åsberg

On 10/28/2017 at 3:27 PM, Beardyman said:

I have GSX, and not use it - it is so "artificial" in negative meaning, even voice is like coming from robot or something.

Really waiting what UGXC will bring here.

+1

I never understood how GSX was released with these robotic kind of voice sets. I think it sounds terrible to be honest and consider it a huge immersion killer. I also miss being able to use my voice to respond compared to FS2Crew comm.

Luckily while waiting for UGCX there's a number of alternate sound packs for GSX that will replace the push-back communication in GSX. Wouldn't be using GSX without such a package. Don't remember exactly which one I got because it was a long time since I downloaded it but should be easy to find one just by Googling for it.

Richard Åsberg

My pre-order question would be:  Does GSX use taxiways or is it just push and turn?  I hate the voices on GSX, but I love how it follows taxiway lines to keep the plane on track with preparing to taxi away from the gate, just like real life.

3 hours ago, byork said:

UGCX follows taxiways and allows users to make custom routes.

Oh my gods.  That makes me as happy as I was when I decided on my last divorce.  Thank you!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

My pre-order question would be:  Does GSX use taxiways or is it just push and turn?  I hate the voices on GSX, but I love how it follows taxiway lines to keep the plane on track with preparing to taxi away from the gate, just like real life.

GSX follows taxiways?  not in my experience.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

My GSX always does it as long as the airport has an AFCAD with properly connected taxiways.

56 minutes ago, Woozie said:

My GSX always does it as long as the airport has an AFCAD with properly connected taxiways.

Was just about to say the same thing.

If/when GSX doesn't follow taxi lines when pushing back it's because of the airport AFCAD rather than GSX I would say without being an expert on the subject.

Richard Åsberg

4 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Was just about to say the same thing.

If/when GSX doesn't follow taxi lines when pushing back it's because of the airport AFCAD rather than GSX I would say without being an expert on the subject.

Yeah, unfortunately, way too many scenery devs dont really bother about correct AFCADs, its often up to the customer to fix it. And this can be very time consuming

On 11/8/2017 at 7:43 AM, Boomer said:

Not sure what settings you are using then.  GSX will back you along the taxiway to an intersection and then face you left or right based on options you chose.  I think the only time it doesn't do that is:

A - You chose a straight back push-back with no turns

B - The airport has an incorrect AFCAD.  

I have, however, only had ONE airport ever where I had an issue with AFCAD and GSX, and that is KSEA by ... oh I forget their name.  But yeah their parking is seven kinds of screwed up.  But all Orbyx, FSDT, Flightbeam, FlyTampa and Default airports have always worked flawlessly with GSX.  I also make my own GA airports, and those all work great as well.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:02 AM, Woozie said:

Yeah, unfortunately, way too many scenery devs dont really bother about correct AFCADs, its often up to the customer to fix it. And this can be very time consuming

Wow, that must be a bad run you've had with developers.  I use a lot of add-on airports in Europe, USA and Japan and only one (KSEA) ever gave me issues.  Still can't remember the name of the developer, so they aren't a major player in the FS market anyway.

26 minutes ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

Wow, that must be a bad run you've had with developers.  I use a lot of add-on airports in Europe, USA and Japan and only one (KSEA) ever gave me issues.  Still can't remember the name of the developer, so they aren't a major player in the FS market anyway.

Its not THAT bad, but AFCAD's are usually the thing that gets neglected quite often. Especially some Justsim and Aerosoft sceneries have pretty bad AFCADs. Its not only taxiway connections, often gates are plain wrong too. 

Ah, okay.  Yeah I have not used any scenery from Justsim and the only Aerosoft scenery I have is Aspen, CO.  Must be why I've had a string of good luck.  :)

I do have yet to test GSX at Aspen though.  I'll have to try that when FS Week gets here again in December (my streaming schedule has me on a different simulator each week, thus changing out controllers on my desk).