Sign in to follow this  
cnc3

A small request to fix livery

The livery package for the Air Canada 777 shows up in the aircraft selector as '777-300ER Air Candada'. Would it be possible to change this to '777-300ER Air Canada'?

Cheers!

David Haynes

55 minutes ago, cnc3 said:

The livery package for the Air Canada 777 shows up in the aircraft selector as '777-300ER Air Candada'. Would it be possible to change this to '777-300ER Air Canada'?

Best thing to do is to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support, this is a user forum and not sure how other users can help. 

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

Best thing to do is to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support, this is a user forum and not sure how other users can help. 

OK I guess I was confused the the 'Official' part of the forum name.

Cheers!

David Haynes

1 minute ago, cnc3 said:

OK I guess I was confused the the 'Official' part of the forum name.

That is how AVSIM designates forums paid for by other companies as opposed to forums that are moderated by volunteers.  The only way to directly communicate with PMDG is at http://suppport.precisionmanuals.com

This should be somewhere in the introduction... and also their web site provides links to either user forum or product support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

That is how AVSIM designates forums paid for by other companies as opposed to forums that are moderated by volunteers.  The only way to directly communicate with PMDG is at http://suppport.precisionmanuals.com

This should be somewhere in the introduction... and also their web site provides links to either user forum or product support.

I am logging through to there now to post the issue. Thanks.

Cheers!

David Haynes

Well,.. contacting support of course never is a bad thing but this issue can easily be corrected by yourself.

Go into you Flightsim directory. Look for Simobjects > airplanes > PMDG 777-300ER. Open the directory and look for the aircraft.cfg file.

Open the cfg file with e.g. Notepad.  You will have a [flightsim.xx] entry that corresponds to the Air Canada livery. Correct in the first line (title=) whatever you want to correct, save.. and your are done !

good luck / b rdgs / Dick

=

1 hour ago, dick said:

Well,.. contacting support of course never is a bad thing but this issue can easily be corrected by yourself.

Go into you Flightsim directory. Look for Simobjects > airplanes > PMDG 777-300ER. Open the directory and look for the aircraft.cfg file.

Open the cfg file with e.g. Notepad.  You will have a [flightsim.xx] entry that corresponds to the Air Canada livery. Correct in the first line (title=) whatever you want to correct, save.. and your are done !

good luck / b rdgs / Dick

=

Thanks for this. I'll probably do both: a quick fix for me and a longer fix for other folks.

• Upvote 1

Cheers!

David Haynes

On 10/27/2017 at 5:12 PM, cnc3 said:

Thanks for this. I'll probably do both: a quick fix for me and a longer fix for other folks.

It may not be an error in the title.  Just search the aircraft.cfg file for "Candada" and correct the spelling error.  Just to be on the safe side it's best to back up the file first.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2