Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Lear 35A... word not allowed newbie needs help!

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I'll be sure to check out the Learjet mods Bjoern. I don't have a paid version of FSUIPC so is there any other way to assign the steering lock to a key? Thanks.

-Randy

Hi Randy,

It's in the manual - it's probably mapped to one of the G1000 keys - FSW updated the model so users wouldn't need FSUIPC...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

From the FSW L35 Manual:

Autopilot modes can be assigned to the keyboard / joystick by using the “G1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS” &
“G1000_MFD_SOFTKEYS” assignments.
Full list:
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY1 = HDG
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY2 = 1/2 BNK
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY3 = NAV
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY4 = BC
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY5 = LVL
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY6 = TST
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY7 = ENG
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY8 = SFT
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY9 = SPD
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY10 = V/S
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY11 = GS
G1000_PFD_SOFTKEY12 = ALTSEL
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY1 = ALTHLD
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY2 = Steer Lock On
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY3 = Steer Lock Off
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY4 = Yaw Damper Primary (Power mode must be on.)
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY5 = Yaw Damper Secondary (Power mode must be on.)
G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 = Spoiler Switch (Default switch is disabled. There is no arming as well.)

Al

1 hour ago, randyp said:

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I'll be sure to check out the Learjet mods Bjoern. I don't have a paid version of FSUIPC so is there any other way to assign the steering lock to a key? Thanks.

Well, yes, the mods. Shift+n toggles the NWS on and off below 40 KIAS or so.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks for the tips. I have the steering assigned and have made a few flights. Still getting the hang of things but my flights are getting smoother. Plenty of things to keep you busy especially during departures and approaches. Lots of fun!

-Randy

• Upvote 2

On 11/4/2017 at 5:29 PM, randyp said:

Thanks for the tips. I have the steering assigned and have made a few flights. Still getting the hang of things but my flights are getting smoother. Plenty of things to keep you busy especially during departures and approaches. Lots of fun!

-Randy

Keep at it, Randy! You'll get more proficient every time you fly.

I just finished a flight from KEYW--KTPA--KHSD  in the lovely N 791GL by  Bjorn Kesten yesterday and loved every minute of it. I passed a Southwest 737 over Montgomery like it was standing still. I was also about 8K feet above him. Then I had a visual approach into my dad's airport in Oklahoma City (Sundance) with gusty conditions and had a smile on the whole time. 

I love this plane more every time I fly it and plan to get the special effect package if it goes on sale again around Christmas (I missed last week's sale because I'm an word not allowed!).

Please keep us posted on how things are going! :-)

• Upvote 1

Hi Bjoern,

You can be a funny guy sometimes - even if not intended - many appreciate all your efforts and contributions - even your “roll your own”paint jobs...

:biggrin:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

No, really. I've heard a lot about my XML-based add-ons, but that much open praise for anything I've splashed paint on is definitely a first.

13 hours ago, Bjoern said:

No, really. I've heard a lot about my XML-based add-ons, but that much open praise for anything I've splashed paint on is definitely a first.

I'm a big fan of your paints, Bjoern!--especially N791GL and N792GL! I'm also a monster fan of the 737-200 you fixed up a VC for! Dude, you're a rock star and people appreciate you. :-)

Now if only I had the hairdo to go with it (imagine any rock band from the 1980s).

Great article, Martin.