Sign in to follow this  
ChuckOman

Is MCE 2.7.35 compatible with P3D v4.1?

Just updated my Win7 P3D Pro v4 to version 4.1.  Installed MCE 2.7.35, which I think is the latest version.  MCE 2.7.35 runs fine with my FSX and P3D Pro v3.4 sims.  But with my P3D Pro v4.1, MCE connects to the simulator, but then never gets beyond "Please Wait for Your Copilot to Board". 

The v4.1 install in P3Dv4.1 appears ok; fsinsider64.dll, fsinsider.ini, and MCE.dlls folder are all there.  I've run the wizard (works normally) and tried full uninstall/reinstall, but copilot won't board v4.1.  Is MCE 2.7.35 compatible with P3Dv4.1 ? 

It is, using as we speak! Reinstall, try a different plane, check if your are running all as admin...!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thanks for suggestions.  I've tried reinstalling; each time MCE works with FSX and P3Dv3.4, but not with P3Dv4.1.  Have run the Wizard, and also verified that both MCE and P3Dv4.1 are set to run as admin.  Tried several different stock and PMDG v4.1 airplanes (that ran MCE OK under v4.0) but after MCE launches it still gets stuck on copilot boarding phase.

Fully compatible since about 2 weeks after P3D V4 was released.

Very likely missing <MCE dlls> folder (with 64 bit dlls. Do not copy these from the other P3D V3.4 installation). See this thread

Hello Gerald,

where can I download the MCE 2.7.35? I see on the website still MCE 2.7.34, thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

1 hour ago, johnliem said:

Hello Gerald,

where can I download the MCE 2.7.35? I see on the website still MCE 2.7.34, thanks

Ignore the listed version, just download latest if you are way behind.

Gerald - thanks for link to

Re my copilot not boarding problem,  I tried uninstalling MCE 2.7.35, then deleted the MCE.dlls folder in the P3Dv4.1 root.  Reinstalled MCE 2.7.35, and confirmed that a new MCE.dlls folder had been reinstalled in P3Dv4.1 root.  Relaunched MCE, but copilot still wouldn't board. 

Just to be certain, I deleted all the contents of MCE.dlls and replaced  them with contents of \Resources\Files\FSX\ MCEdllsx64 folder.  Unfortunately same result.

I recall MCE was running with my P3Dv4.0 using MCE v2.7.2.0, the first v4.0 compatible release.  By any chance was v2.7.2.0 also v4.1 compatible ? 

Can you suggest anything else to try ?

Chuck

24 minutes ago, ChuckOman said:

Gerald - thanks for link to

Re my copilot not boarding problem,  I tried uninstalling MCE 2.7.35, then deleted the MCE.dlls folder in the P3Dv4.1 root.  Reinstalled MCE 2.7.35, and confirmed that a new MCE.dlls folder had been reinstalled in P3Dv4.1 root.  Relaunched MCE, but copilot still wouldn't board. 

Just to be certain, I deleted all the contents of MCE.dlls and replaced  them with contents of \Resources\Files\FSX\ MCEdllsx64 folder.  Unfortunately same result.

I recall MCE was running with my P3Dv4.0 using MCE v2.7.2.0, the first v4.0 compatible release.  By any chance was v2.7.2.0 also v4.1 compatible ? 

Can you suggest anything else to try ?

Chuck

2 different scenarios.

If you're getting the freeze, it's the 64 dlls that aren't where they should be.

Dlls are expected in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder. Make sure folder is correctly named

If It's MCE not being able to connect to P3D...

Set "prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

When Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it, you MUST install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

No need to fiddle with anything else.

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

Ignore the listed version, just download latest if you are way behind.

Thanks

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

15 hours ago, FS++ said:

2 different scenarios.

If you're getting the freeze, it's the 64 dlls that aren't where they should be.

Dlls are expected in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder. Make sure folder is correctly named

If It's MCE not being able to connect to P3D...

Set "prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

When Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it, you MUST install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

No need to fiddle with anything else.

Hi Gerald and Ben -

My MCE problem may not be similar to that of the other posters.  MCE isn't freezing.  When I launch MCE 2.735 it first says "detecting flight simulator" then, "trying to connect to flight simulator", then "please wait for your copilot to board..." indefinitely.  The MCE UI never appears in the sim.  After 30 seconds or so, if I click on the MCE "please wait..." dialog box, MCE quits.

My prepar3d.exe is installed in E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and set to run as administrator.  (Always was).  My MCE is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience, the default location, and is also set to run as administrator.  MCE boards normally with my FSX (installed at top of C;) and P3Dv3.4 (installed at top of E:, alongside P3Dv4.1).  However running MCE with P3Dv4.1 the copilot never boards.

I noticed when I uninstalled MCE 2.735 that it did not remove MCE's fsinsider.dll, fsinsider.ini and MCE dlls folder in the P3Dv4 root,  and a dll-MCE.xml in appdata.  Is that normal ?

To be sure I wasn't using old MCE files, I repeated the uninstall, deleted these residual MCE files and folders.  To reset the list of .dlls, I reran P3Dv4 to regenerate an MCE-less dll.xml, then quit and reinstalled MCE 2.735.  The reinstalled MCE yet again.  The MCE v2.735  installer put versions of fsinisder.dll, fsinsider and the MCE dlls folder back in the P3Dv4.` root folder and a new dll-MCE.xml back in the appdata folder.  To be certain the MCE installer put the proper x64 dlls into the P3Dv4.1 root, as you guys suggested, I replaced the entire MCE dlls folder contents with the dlls in \Resources\Files\FSX\MCE dlls x64.  Then I launched P3Dv4 again, and MCE reappeared in appdata dll.xml, as it should.  So I think the MCE installer is putting the correct files in the correct places.  Finally, I reran the MCE wizard. 

I was optimistic when I launched MCE, but unfortunately still encountered the same problem : MCE reports that it connects to the sim, but remained stuck in "please wait..." mode indefinitely. 

Since everything seems to be where it should be, and up to date, I'm guessing my problem may be different than the one encountered by other posters.

I can't revert to P3Dv4.0, but is there an earlier version of MCE prior to 2.735 that is also P3Dv4.1 compatible that I should try reverting to ?  Anything else you can suggest trying ?

Thanks

Chuck

4 hours ago, ChuckOman said:

Hi Gerald and Ben -

My MCE problem may not be similar to that of the other posters.  MCE isn't freezing.  When I launch MCE 2.735 it first says "detecting flight simulator" then, "trying to connect to flight simulator", then "please wait for your copilot to board..." indefinitely.  The MCE UI never appears in the sim.  After 30 seconds or so, if I click on the MCE "please wait..." dialog box, MCE quits.

My prepar3d.exe is installed in E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and set to run as administrator.  (Always was).  My MCE is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience, the default location, and is also set to run as administrator.  MCE boards normally with my FSX (installed at top of C;) and P3Dv3.4 (installed at top of E:, alongside P3Dv4.1).  However running MCE with P3Dv4.1 the copilot never boards.

I noticed when I uninstalled MCE 2.735 that it did not remove MCE's fsinsider.dll, fsinsider.ini and MCE dlls folder in the P3Dv4 root,  and a dll-MCE.xml in appdata.  Is that normal ?

To be sure I wasn't using old MCE files, I repeated the uninstall, deleted these residual MCE files and folders.  To reset the list of .dlls, I reran P3Dv4 to regenerate an MCE-less dll.xml, then quit and reinstalled MCE 2.735.  The reinstalled MCE yet again.  The MCE v2.735  installer put versions of fsinisder.dll, fsinsider and the MCE dlls folder back in the P3Dv4.` root folder and a new dll-MCE.xml back in the appdata folder.  To be certain the MCE installer put the proper x64 dlls into the P3Dv4.1 root, as you guys suggested, I replaced the entire MCE dlls folder contents with the dlls in \Resources\Files\FSX\MCE dlls x64.  Then I launched P3Dv4 again, and MCE reappeared in appdata dll.xml, as it should.  So I think the MCE installer is putting the correct files in the correct places.  Finally, I reran the MCE wizard. 

I was optimistic when I launched MCE, but unfortunately still encountered the same problem : MCE reports that it connects to the sim, but remained stuck in "please wait..." mode indefinitely. 

Since everything seems to be where it should be, and up to date, I'm guessing my problem may be different than the one encountered by other posters.

I can't revert to P3Dv4.0, but is there an earlier version of MCE prior to 2.735 that is also P3Dv4.1 compatible that I should try reverting to ?  Anything else you can suggest trying ?

Thanks

Chuck

I suggest you open "dll.xml" for P3D V4, then add or change the loading process. Set all to manual

<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> except for PMDG aircraft, FSUIPC.

Initially, just load fsInsider64.dll without the others.

If it works OK, enable the others one at a time.

Thanks Gerald.

Assume you mean the appdata version. 

(When my program data dll.xml gets called, it has calls only for the PMDG interface, RAASPRO and HUD; standard stuff.. so I left the program data dll.xml as is).

My appdata dll.xml is listed below and is just FSUIPC & MCE and HiFi's new 64 bit AS4 dll.

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsInsider64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I assuming the AS4 dll was the prime suspect I edited out the call (bolded above) and resaved (as utf-8 of course).  Then launched P3Dv4.1 and retested MCE.  BTW only P3Dv4.1 and MCE were running; no simconnecting apps like Chaseplane.

Unfortunately no improvement in MCE copilot boarding; disabling the AS dll made no difference.

Chuck

42 minutes ago, ChuckOman said:

Gerald - was last diagnostic done ok ?  What should I try next ?

Chuck

There is a patch for ASN. Install it.

Shouldn't be an issue for it running alongside fsInsider64.dll provided it is patched to be V4.1 ready.

fsInsider64.dll is already V4.0 & V4.1 aware

Can you post a screenshot of the <MCE dlls> folder inside <Prepar3D v4> folder. With folder showing all dlls.

Thanks

Thanks Gerald.

My ASN has the 6497 patch - installed just after it appeared on 10/17.

Will email you the screenshot at support@multicrewxp.com.

Chuck