Sign in to follow this  
ChuckOman

Is MCE 2.7.35 compatible with P3D v4.1?

i have the same problem here.

I am using P3DV4.1 and PMDG B737 NGX. I can start P3DV4.1 without MCE.

After the aircraft has loaded i open MCE and it only reaches the point where it is written "Wait for copilot to board" and then P3D freezes - MCE keeps klickable.

Also when doing it the other way round (MCE first and then P3D) it has the same behaviour - also with all other planes (default). 

i am using version 2.7.5.4 and did the things which are written above (looked in the dll.xml - changed die .dll files) but nothing worked.

does anybody know how to fix this problem? really looking forward for a workable perfect programm (also using it in xplane 11 where it workes fine) 

1 hour ago, kalleffm said:

i have the same problem here.

I am using P3DV4.1 and PMDG B737 NGX. I can start P3DV4.1 without MCE.

After the aircraft has loaded i open MCE and it only reaches the point where it is written "Wait for copilot to board" and then P3D freezes - MCE keeps klickable.

Also when doing it the other way round (MCE first and then P3D) it has the same behaviour - also with all other planes (default). 

i am using version 2.7.5.4 and did the things which are written above (looked in the dll.xml - changed die .dll files) but nothing worked.

does anybody know how to fix this problem? really looking forward for a workable perfect programm (also using it in xplane 11 where it workes fine) 

Definitely working for many months now.

What you're reporting is typical behaviour when <MCE dlls> 64 bit dlls are missing in \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder. Do not copy dlls from FSX or P3D V3.4 installation folder.

If you have just installed P3D V4, you need to download latest MCE version here

Latest is V2.7.4.3

Please read this thread

Sorry, my mistake. The Version installed is 2.7.4.3. I only have P3DV4(.1) installed here, nothing else (a complete new pc setup).

I tried removing MCE - deleting MCE DLL folder in PD4 - reinstalled but nothing changes. it stops working while P3D is starting up (after selecting aircraft and airport)

Sorry, my mistake. The Version installed is 2.7.4.3. I only have P3DV4(.1) installed here, nothing else (a complete new pc setup).

I tried removing MCE - deleting MCE DLL folder in PD4 - reinstalled but nothing changes. it stops working while P3D is starting up (after selecting aircraft and airport)

got it working by now but MCE doesnt react to my voice commands. Have gone through the training programm but at the end of the configuration, where you have to say something like "select heading one fifty" it doesnt respond to anything, nothing happens there. Any idea what this could be?

Windows voice training went well so far

2 hours ago, kalleffm said:

got it working by now but MCE doesnt react to my voice commands. Have gone through the training programm but at the end of the configuration, where you have to say something like "select heading one fifty" it doesnt respond to anything, nothing happens there. Any idea what this could be?

Windows voice training went well so far

Very likely a case of MCE not setting the speech engine on the correct audio device.

Run the "Assign sound device tool"

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

Select correct "Audio IN" and "Audio Out", then click OK and let the wizard make automatic adjustments if required.

With the sim and MCE running, go to <About> tab in the user interface and check you have "Sound In" and "Sound Out" on the correct audio device.

Are you using a USNB headset or a conventional one.

If not USB, what audio chip do you have on your motherboard? Realtek? Creative Labs??

it is a Realtek chip on my motherboard.

In the "About" tab it says "Sound output: Lautsprecher (Realtek High Defi   -> the rest is missing

Sound input: Mikrofon (Realtek High Definiti    -> then it is missing

but when i open AppData/Roaming/Multi Crew Experience and open the mce.ini file it looks like this:

AudioIn=

AudioOut=

they are both empty and do not show anything.

so, i bought an USB headset from Sennheiser, pluged it in and... it doesnt work!

for testing purposes i tried out windows speech recognition where it works perfectly, also in the voice training programm everything looks good but inside MCE and opened P3D nothing happens - no commands are beeing recieved by FO... any idea now?

MCE.ini and MCE programm "about" tab show now:

AudioIn=Mikrofon (2- Sennheiser USB hea
AudioOut=Lautsprecher (Realtek High Defi

so, i bought an USB headset from Sennheiser, pluged it in and... it doesnt work!

for testing purposes i tried out windows speech recognition where it works perfectly, also in the voice training programm everything looks good but inside MCE and opened P3D nothing happens - no commands are beeing recieved by FO... any idea now?

MCE.ini and MCE programm "about" tab show now:

AudioIn=Mikrofon (2- Sennheiser USB hea
AudioOut=Lautsprecher (Realtek High Defi

You should also set the Audio Out to USB headset. 

Run the "assign sound device" tool.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Assign sound device.

Select Audio In and Audio Out then click OK and let the wizard make automatic adjustments.

Check <About> tab after that

I selected both on the USB headset now, but still not working.

I hear the sound when pressing the green triangle and on startup when the program says "okay" but thats all. he doesnt react to my voicecommands i am giving.

As said, in windows voice recognition works perfect, also when doing the speech practice but inside MCE it doesnt work as it should.

6 hours ago, kalleffm said:

I selected both on the USB headset now, but still not working.

I hear the sound when pressing the green triangle and on startup when the program says "okay" but thats all. he doesnt react to my voicecommands i am giving.

As said, in windows voice recognition works perfect, also when doing the speech practice but inside MCE it doesnt work as it should.

Are you hearing a continuous humming background without pressing any button?

If that's the case, temporarily disconnect your joysticks. There could be one of those "always ON" buttons detected as PTT switch down causing MCE to switch to ATC mode, where all commands for interaction with FO are suspended.

still nothing happening.

maybe something to do with the installationfolder? UAC is disabled and path for MCE is: D:\Games\MCE

3 hours ago, kalleffm said:

still nothing happening.

maybe something to do with the installationfolder? UAC is disabled and path for MCE is: D:\Games\MCE

Suggest you save your activation key somewhere else

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Reset Windows UAC to default 2 notches up the slider.

Restart PC and re-install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder.

Follow that with a restore to factory settings.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Reset factory settings.

That should get you going.

still nothing doing here. 

It doesnt repeat anything inside the first installation programm (where i have to readback the green sentence) - might be something wrong with windows... on my laptop and with xplane 11 it works good but here (new pc, almost 1 month old) it doesnt work.

5 hours ago, kalleffm said:

still nothing doing here. 

It doesnt repeat anything inside the first installation programm (where i have to readback the green sentence) - might be something wrong with windows... on my laptop and with xplane 11 it works good but here (new pc, almost 1 month old) it doesnt work.

When it doesn't repeat anything in the wizard it's usually because the audio out isn't on the correct device (resetting to factory settings wipes the entry from the config file). Use the <Back> button to return to the screen where you can change the Audio device and try again.

As long as Windows doesn't complain about speech engine not being installed, it's hard to tell at this stage.

I assume you didn't use something called "IOLO system mechanic" or "IOLO registry mechanic".

That free utility tends top mess with the speech engine in a subtle way. It appears as if it's there, and yet not working as expected, because it deletes some crucial Windows registry entries. Very few people notice, because hardly anyone uses Windows speech recognition for everyday work.

Eventually, try a different USB port. Plug directly to the back of the PC and not via a USB hub.

i checked settings on my laptop (xplane 11) to see the difference. on my laptop i am using 'voicemeter' to increace volume inside TeamSpeak (ivao) because it is very quiet. 

now i installed the same programm on my pc (p3d) and see there, it works (nut perfect but it works :-)  )

i've selected the 'voicemeter output' which is the 'audio input' in the 'assign sound device' and now i get a readback in the wizzard.