Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

For smoother performance

I don't know if this has been suggested before, I noticed in X-Plane11 I was receiving some random stutters, just every now and then.  I know there are a lot of souls out there with nothing better to do but to ping systems.  So finally I decided to block inbound Network Discovery, all the entries, as well as Remote Desktop Assistance.  X-Plane11's stutters went away, just like that, and it seems fps went up as well.

Might be a Placebo effect, but I thought I would post...

John

2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I don't know if this has been suggested before, I noticed in X-Plane11 I was receiving some random stutters, just every now and then.  I know there are a lot of souls out there with nothing better to do but to ping systems.  So finally I decided to block inbound Network Discovery, all the entries, as well as Remote Desktop Assistance.  X-Plane11's stutters went away, just like that, and it seems fps went up as well.

Might be a Placebo effect, but I thought I would post...

John

When you said you blocked all of them, how did you do that and do you know if it might affect something else?

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 hours ago, troyboy66 said:

When you said you blocked all of them, how did you do that and do you know if it might affect something else?

Good question.  I've been testing for a few hours and so far nothing seems to be affected.  I'll turn it on again and compare.

Interesting, will have to give that a try.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Are you behind a NAT gateway? (ie. does your IP address start with 192.168, 172.16-31, or 10)?

If so, then this didn't do what you think. Besides, a ping is around 60 bytes. If you're getting any noticeable CPU load handling tiny UDP traffic, your sim must be a slide show. :) If your sim slows back down when you turn it on, then I'd look inwards, to your own network.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.